441 replies to this topic

#181 GototheFlamestotheGo

GototheFlamestotheGo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

Have to love the Flames strategy of shooting right into the goalie's chest protector in a shootout. And Tangs being the only one to deke the goalie scores. C'mon guys, take a frickin' hint already! Learn some moves! And coach, mind putting some young creative guys like Backlund and Baertschi in the shootout instead? K? Thanks. Good Talk. :picard:

Edited by GototheFlamestotheGo, 23 January 2013 - 11:37 PM.

#182 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,230 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

It looked like the Flames were trying to shelter Baertschi a lot this game. Can't say i blame him. He won't be a 'bulletproof career' kinda player.
Posted Image

#183 GototheFlamestotheGo

GototheFlamestotheGo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

It has nothing to do with Baertschi as a player but management's mindset of vets over youngsters that has existed for ages now. Backlund was flying tonight and yet he didn't get a chance in the shootout. Ditto for Baertschi who has also been playing well as was actually out there during the dying minutes of the 3rd, showing that the coaching staff isn't trying to shelter him but is also averse to trying him in the shootout, preferring to go with proven duds like Iginla and Stempniak instead.

What's worse though was the brutal neutral zone play tonight. Flames' breakout was dreadful all night and its no surprise the Canucks were driving the play for the most part. Thankfully, both goalies were better tonight, though Schneider had it very easy in the shootout due to 4 brain dead shots right into his chest.

Ugh, so frustrating!

#184 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,649 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

Welcome aboard pals from Calgary!!

Edited by Keke Mortson's helmet, 27 January 2013 - 02:57 PM.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#185 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

I know, I find it more than a little disrespectful to see it here on our forum. Those guys hate our guts, they actively cheered against us and wished us ill in all four rounds of the 2010 cup run. They are not our friends. Their media lead the drumbeat that cast us as villains across Canada in the 2010 playoffs.

There isn't a chance in Hell that a Vancouver Canucks thread would be permitted over on their team site.

Let's keep it hostile.

Uhhh 2011 cup run and lets not sink down to CP level mmmmkay ;)
Posted Image

#186 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,649 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

Wecome to our little roundup saddle pals!

Edited by Keke Mortson's helmet, 27 January 2013 - 02:58 PM.

#187 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

Good to see Backlund score.

My favourite Flame has 2 points in 3 games to start the year.

The Flames had a pretty bad game, the Canucks did too though, so they didn't not look as bad, except in the first. Hartley relied on Iggy a lot, as expected... he played over 23 minutes.

But it is clear the Flames need a 1st line center... Hartley likes to rely on 1 line when the game is on the line and that line without a center is problematic.

Feaster better be talking to the Avs about O'Reilly, he's everything they need - 2-way and YOUNG. SJ just signed Gomez, so maybe one of their top-6 centers could be available, Marleau/Thornton/Pavelski/Couture?

#188 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

Jeez, you got me. 2011 it was.

Still can't figure out was a Flames thread is doin' here though.

Those guys hate our guts.

So what? That's their problem! I have no issue adding a little diversity to regular canuck homerism around here. Most of these flames fans are cool too.

Edited by pimpcurtly, 24 January 2013 - 01:08 AM.

Posted Image

#189 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

Double post

Edited by pimpcurtly, 24 January 2013 - 01:07 AM.

Posted Image

#190 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,649 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

Welcome saddle pals from Calgary!!

Edited by Keke Mortson's helmet, 27 January 2013 - 02:59 PM.

#191 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

TSN NHL season preview show has Calgary finishing 14th in the West

One spot too high ;)

/=S=/

#192 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,460 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

So what? That's their problem! I have no issue adding a little diversity to regular canuck homerism around here. Most of these flames fans are cool too.

I agree. CP is awful to anyone with some leanings towards the Canucks but most, if not all, Flames fans who come here are just fans of their team and the game. You have to give props to fans who come to their rivals site and are actively engaged.

I'd like to think we're better than running opponents out on a rail. That may be a fools hope but it's what i would wish for.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#193 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

It has nothing to do with Baertschi as a player but management's mindset of vets over youngsters that has existed for ages now. Backlund was flying tonight and yet he didn't get a chance in the shootout. Ditto for Baertschi who has also been playing well as was actually out there during the dying minutes of the 3rd, showing that the coaching staff isn't trying to shelter him but is also averse to trying him in the shootout, preferring to go with proven duds like Iginla and Stempniak instead.

What's worse though was the brutal neutral zone play tonight. Flames' breakout was dreadful all night and its no surprise the Canucks were driving the play for the most part. Thankfully, both goalies were better tonight, though Schneider had it very easy in the shootout due to 4 brain dead shots right into his chest.

Ugh, so frustrating!

Don't worry, people have criticized our managment for the same thing (and I have aswell), looks like they have been better with it recently though, as Kassian was a force tonight, Schroeder had a good game, and Tanev has been an important part of our team for awhile.

I thought Brodie had a decent game for you guys, although I agree Baertschi wasn't used as much as he maybe could have been.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 24 January 2013 - 02:00 AM.

zackass.png

#194 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,584 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:33 AM

Kassian owned the flames, their defence couldn't handle him all night.
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#195 GototheFlamestotheGo

GototheFlamestotheGo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

Kassian was skating well and was very strong on the puck all night and more than once, the Sportsnet West guys were saying that he looked like Bertuzzi 2.0. His shootout move was also gorgeous! Versatile guy who has the ability to play in all top 9 situations. Just needs time to develop that consistency like all young players.

And just to make things even, there is a Canucks thread on the Flames forum and has been there for a while now. Also, CP isn't the only Flames fansite you know. My personal favourite is Flames Nation. Really good analysis and articles and quite unbiased I find. Matchsticks and Gasoline is pretty good as well though they don't churn out articles as fast as Flames Nation.

#196 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

Beauty goals by Tanguay

Iginla did not look sharp (thank goodness, since he had a few good chances)
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#197 BabychStache

BabychStache

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

I have a lot of respect for classy fans like Gototheflames and Greene02. They represent their fan base very well. Classy and know how to stay on the right side of the line while visiting other fan sites. I appreciate the analysis that both offer. Thank you for enriching CDC.
Posted Image
Credit to Goaltenderinterference for the awesome Sig!

#198 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

I have a lot of respect for classy fans like Gototheflames and Greene02. They represent their fan base very well. Classy and know how to stay on the right side of the line while visiting other fan sites. I appreciate the analysis that both offer. Thank you for enriching CDC.

Agreed

Haven't seen Greene02 around in a while though.

#199 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

With Downie out for the season, I ended up picking up Kassian for my hockey pool. Was kind of hoping he wouldn't score vs Flames though. But atleast it looks like he may stay on the top line for a bit longer and keep getting me some pims.

Was also very disappointed with Hartleys selections for the shootout. Only one dangler and 4 shooters.

Overall seemed like a sloppy game by both teams in the first, but eventually Canucks picked up some steam. Keslers value to the team has been really showing the although it's only 3 games in.
Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#200 erkayloomeh

erkayloomeh

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

I happen to know some of the top brass from the flames and leafs. There was a proposal put forward by their top executives to merge the flames and the leafs. This would solve several problems that both orginazations currently have.
1. It would solve the leafs goaltending problem.
2. It would solve both teams defensive liabilities
3. It would solve both teams offensive liabilities.
4. They would now have more draft picks stored up
5. Currently the leafs are worth a reported 600 million bucks and the flames around 3 million. so collectively they would now be worth 900 million according to the top executives from both teams.
6. They would have much more power in their fanbase to intellectually challenge canucks fans in arguments.
7. They would spend half as much on sticks.

upon releasing this info to lower management and coaches a fight broke out between jay feaster and dave nonis over who would gm the team. Aparantly Jay feaster was left laying on the floor with icing all over his face while dave nonis walked out with jays box of donuts. Bob Hartly and randy carlyle were seen hugging and crying in the back hall while jarome iginla and mikka kiprusoff had a viscious tug of war over a leafs jersey.
Once the accounting department of both teams emerged from a meeting and informed upper brass that they couldnt combine the respective values of the teams things kind of went sideways from there. Also their plan to base the team somewhere inbetween the two cities fell apart when they realized that was near winnepeg.
I guess us canuck fans will just have to wait to have some good ol canadian competion.
GOD BE PRAISED

#201 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

How was that 2nd line heh?

Yeah how bout that 2nd line?
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#202 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,360 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

I happen to know some of the top brass from the flames and leafs. There was a proposal put forward by their top executives to merge the flames and the leafs. This would solve several problems that both orginazations currently have.
1. It would solve the leafs goaltending problem.
2. It would solve both teams defensive liabilities
3. It would solve both teams offensive liabilities.
4. They would now have more draft picks stored up
5. Currently the leafs are worth a reported 600 million bucks and the flames around 3 million. so collectively they would now be worth 900 million according to the top executives from both teams.
6. They would have much more power in their fanbase to intellectually challenge canucks fans in arguments.
7. They would spend half as much on sticks.

upon releasing this info to lower management and coaches a fight broke out between jay feaster and dave nonis over who would gm the team. Aparantly Jay feaster was left laying on the floor with icing all over his face while dave nonis walked out with jays box of donuts. Bob Hartly and randy carlyle were seen hugging and crying in the back hall while jarome iginla and mikka kiprusoff had a viscious tug of war over a leafs jersey.
Once the accounting department of both teams emerged from a meeting and informed upper brass that they couldnt combine the respective values of the teams things kind of went sideways from there. Also their plan to base the team somewhere inbetween the two cities fell apart when they realized that was near winnepeg.
I guess us canuck fans will just have to wait to have some good ol canadian competion.

would be an ugly sight that looks something like this...

Posted Image

Flames get the upper hand.

Of the combined rosters:

Best forward: Iginla
Best blueliner: Giordano
Best goaltender: Kipper
Best prospect; Baertschi
But not the better GM.

Edited by oldnews, 26 January 2013 - 12:30 AM.

#203 Nail

Nail

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

would be an ugly sight that looks something like this...

Posted Image

Flames get the upper hand.

Of the combined rosters:

Best forward: Iginla
Best blueliner: Giordano
Best goaltender: Kipper
Best prospect; Baertschi
But not the better GM.

I'd say Phaneuf is a better dmen.

sg25j6.jpg

Credit to khalifawiz501 for the beautiful sig!

#204 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Why did i take Iginla and Cammalleri in my fantasy pool??? Its not 2007 :(

#205 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

Stoked to get two top 6 forwards back tonight in Hudler and Cervenka. The team looks better and better after every game with everyone getting used to Hartley's system. It will only imporve with Hudler and Cervenka back. BEAT THE COILERS TONIGHT!

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#206 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,722 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Cool stat: All of Oilers top 6 forwards played during the lockout, none of Flames top 6 forwards played during the lockout.

307mg00.jpg

#207 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Same beaks every year, yet all Kipper does is post better numbers than 7uongo and Iggy with 30+ goals. Next :lol:

Let's compare save percentages, shall we?

Kipper .917
Lu .921

Kipper .906 (bahahahaha)
Lu .917

Kipper .903 (HAHAHAHA)
Lu .920

Kipper .920
Lu .913

Kipper .906 (PFFFFFFT MY SIDES)
Lu .928

Kipper .920
Lu .919

It's cool that you like to make stuff up though.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#208 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,649 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

On second thought.

Welcome aboard saddle pals, we've got plenty of room for all!!

#209 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

On second thought.

Welcome aboard saddle pals, we've got plenty of room for all!!

Haha funny,love the yodelling
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#210 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

Strange that with this condensed schedule the Flames only play Thu and Sat this week.
They must be crunched pretty bad else where in the schedule.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.