It's still early, but things are not looking good for the Flames.
I'd say they have about a week-and-a-half to get it together and rack up some wins. After they play the Blues on the 15th, they'll have played 12 games - which is 1/4 of the season. At that point, their schedule gets a lot tighter, as they have a back-to-back almost every week through the end of the season.
Flames have historically done very poor in the 2nd half of back-to-backs. So far they only had one to start the season (both games at home, which they lost). But for the rest of the season, they have:
- Feb. 17 & 18 (@ Dallas & Phoenix)
- Feb. 23 & 24 (home to Minny and Phoenix)
- Mar. 8 & 9 (@ Anaheim & LA)
- Mar. 21 & 22 (@ Nashville & Columbus)
- Mar. 26 & 27 (@ Chicago, then home to Colorado)
- Apr. 5 & 6 (@ San Jose & Vancouver)
- Apr. 12 & 13 (home to Phoenix, then @ Edmonton)
- Apr. 25 & 26 (@ St. Louis & Chicago)
In the month of April, they play 15 games in 26 days, without more than a single rest day between any two games. That is a killer schedule for any team, but especially for a team that leans so heavily on guys in their mid-30's. I don't see Kipper being able to play them all.
Edited by D-Money, 05 February 2013 - 11:15 AM.