yete

now lets say this team makes the playoffs

and heres what you looking at

bieska hamius

garison edler

ok thats fine ^

but heres were it becomes comical

tanev and ballard

tanev is still unproven in the Nhl and in the Ahl so far he has not put up good numbers..... i dont even think he will take the spot........Because knowing coach AVs love affair!!! He will pop in Andrew Alberts haha with ballard

this spells disaster

I know you canuck fans who will say im trolling well im not you will see once the season starts....

The canucks did not improve on defense we lost sami salo he was a great defensive d-man with a hard shot go look at our record with Sami in the line up..........

Can't remember the last time you started a positive thread, or have you?

Our defensive depth is fine. We have Connauton who will up and ready in a few years. If we are looking at this year, we have Alberts who is a huge physical guy who can shut down people. And the newly acquired Derek Joslin who is a mobile defenseman with some offensive ability and has a great shot.

We'll be fine.

Our defensive depth is fine. We have Connauton who will up and ready in a few years. If we are looking at this year, we have Alberts who is a huge physical guy who can shut down people. And the newly acquired Derek Joslin who is a mobile defenseman with some offensive ability and has a great shot.

We'll be fine.

bieska hamius

garison edler

ok thats fine ^

tanev and ballard

tanev is still unproven in the Nhl and in the Ahl so far he has not put up good numbers..... i dont even think he will take the spot........Because knowing coach AVs love affair!!! He will pop in Andrew Alberts haha with ballard

this spells disaster

I know you canuck fans who will say im trolling well im not you will see once the season starts....

The canucks did not improve on defense we lost sami salo he was a great defensive d-man with a hard shot go look at our record with Sami in the line up..........

bieska hamius

garison edler

ok thats fine ^

tanev and ballard

this spells disaster

We'll be fine.

bieska hamius

garison edler

ok thats fine ^

tanev and ballard

this spells disaster

2 negative threads in short order, your really on a roll.

Ballard and Tanev are a proven pair in my mind and will be much better than whatever we had last year, both will make each other better.

If last years playoffs are any indication, that pair will be able to handle bigger minutes that our 3rd pair has in the past, which will ease the work load for the top 2 pairs.

I look at it the other way actually I think our depth has gotten stronger, this is how I look at it.

New - Old

1st) Hamhuis + Bieksa = Hamhuis + Bieksa

2nd) Edler + Garrison > Edler + Salo (Garrison is bigger & younger than Salo, Edler has continued to mature)

3rd) Ballard + Tanev > Ballard + Rome

I think Tanev will be just fine, especially playing in a system that he understands with a line mate like KB4. Chicago was a waste of time for him and indeed Kassian. The system was non existent with little consistency of selection or tactical astuteness shown by Arneil.

I look forward to Tanev hitting the bell from the get go.

Ps unlike many on here who want Ballard gone I see the Tanev - Ballard combo as a team that will get better and better with time and might even start to be an optional 2rd line in an emergency.

Archived