The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Lack Defensive depth this year

yete

Hamhuis ,Garrison and Tanev are all defensive D men.

What the problem is and continues to be is offensive d men.

Eddy can be a superstar,but is not.

Bieksa is hit and miss and would be a liability without Dan.

Keith has offensive capabilities much higher than Kevin,but plays third line minutes.

now lets say this team makes the playoffs

and heres what you looking at

bieska hamius

garison edler

ok thats fine ^

but heres were it becomes comical

tanev and ballard

tanev is still unproven in the Nhl and in the Ahl so far he has not put up good numbers..... i dont even think he will take the spot........Because knowing coach AVs love affair!!! He will pop in Andrew Alberts haha with ballard

this spells disaster

I know you canuck fans who will say im trolling well im not you will see once the season starts....

The canucks did not improve on defense we lost sami salo he was a great defensive d-man with a hard shot go look at our record with Sami in the line up..........

Hamhuis ,Garrison and Tanev are all defensive D men.

What the problem is and continues to be is offensive d men.

Eddy can be a superstar,but is not.

Bieksa is hit and miss and would be a liability without Dan.

Keith has offensive capabilities much higher than Kevin,but plays third line minutes.

now lets say this team makes the playoffs

and heres what you looking at

bieska hamius

garison edler

ok thats fine ^

but heres were it becomes comical

tanev and ballard

tanev is still unproven in the Nhl and in the Ahl so far he has not put up good numbers..... i dont even think he will take the spot........Because knowing coach AVs love affair!!! He will pop in Andrew Alberts haha with ballard

this spells disaster

I know you canuck fans who will say im trolling well im not you will see once the season starts....

The canucks did not improve on defense we lost sami salo he was a great defensive d-man with a hard shot go look at our record with Sami in the line up..........

Tanev - Ballard is not a bad pairing at all.

Yete you're just way too spoiled with how balanced this team is. Some 3rd pairings in the league are bush-league quality. Ballard-Tanev might be a 2nd pairing on some bottom feeders.

My only concern for the defense is how well Garrison plays. The success of our defensive lineup plays largely on Garrison - if he plays well, we're in good shape. If his 16 goal season was a fluke, we're in a lot of trouble.

Archived