holy crap thats loud!

#3 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Agreed...almost blew my headphones off lol.

Also thanks for the post :)

Edited by Navyblue, 06 January 2013 - 05:50 PM.

Posted Image

#4 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

no mention of jensen at all wow.... he should atleast get a camp invite.... i know they said he will stay in the sel but i think he deserves at least a chance

#5 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,041 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

He mentioned trying uncoventional things like playing a winger as a center.

To me that means they've already thought about moving Higgins to centre.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#6 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

At 12:08 some guy named Elliot from the sun, biggest tool from the interview LOL.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#7 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,041 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

I pretty much knew the answers Gillis was going to give before he even answered.

Why do these media guys bother asking questions that they know he's not gonna answer? They need to get a little more creative in their questioning.

Posted Image

#8 kazin!

kazin!

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

no mention of jensen at all wow.... he should atleast get a camp invite.... i know they said he will stay in the sel but i think he deserves at least a chance

Jensen has decided to stay in the SEL all season regardless of an NHL season being played.

At 12:08 some guy named Elliot from the sun, biggest tool from the interview LOL.

Elliot Pap is a long time writer for the paper.
Posted Image

#9 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Elliot Pap is a long time writer for the paper.

doesn't mean they can't be a huge tool in an interview.

Posted Image

XBL: canucks4lyfe

#10 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

POPULAR

"unconventional" is code for, "we shouldn't have traded coho, I realize I screwed up and we have like no options."

#11 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,041 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

POPULAR

"unconventional" is code for, "we shouldn't have traded coho, I realize I screwed up and we have like no options."

No unconventional is code for, "I'm not entirely sold on Schroeder being our second line center. Time will tell whether Kesler will be back in time for a short term solution, or whether I need to make a trade."

Posted Image

#12 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,286 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

Typical Gallagher
- duh, uh, buyout, uh, duh....
Are you going to buyout someone before the end of the season herp-a-derp...?

#13 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,041 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Typical Gallagher
- duh, uh, buyout, uh, duh....
Are you going to buyout someone before the end of the season herp-a-derp...?

No kidding. This guy is a sports writer, his entire job revolves around writing about hockey. Should he not know these things?

Even I knew you can't buy out a player till the summer. Should he not know as much as the average fan at least?

Posted Image

#14 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,286 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

He mentioned trying uncoventional things like playing a winger as a center.

To me that means they've already thought about moving Higgins to centre.

Yeah - Higgins had played lots of center in the past and he is actually a damn good candidate.

#15 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,061 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

What point is there in hauling him all the way from Sweden just to turn around and send him back two weeks later?
Posted Image

#16 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Meanwhile Buffalo's management is saying they still want a centre because they overestimated Cody. We came out ahead.

#17 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,844 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

I enjoyed this and I like Gillis' attitude at this point in time.He seems to be on the pulse and is well spoken here.

Maybe move an existing player to fill the second line center hole-Higgins has been mentioned before.

#18 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,286 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

No kidding. This guy is a sports writer, his entire job revolves around writing about hockey. Should he not know these things?

Even I knew you can't buy out a player till the summer. Should he not know as much as the average fan at least?

Not to mention the other dimwit who asked Gillis for an update if he has been conducting Luongo trade talks.

Those discussions were banned during the lockout. Most of us here at CDC are aware of that.

If he had been conducting such talks, he sure as hell isn't about to broadcast it.

All he could do was politely chuckle.

In either case, Vancouver's media once again shows that they are really on their game lol.

#19 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,498 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Elliot is a moron same with the other media the deal just got done still has to be voted on the players side im sure the owners vote too so there won't be a sudden surge of signings or trade talk just absolutely no clue by the media on how things works pretty sad

its like they didn't even read the cba asking about buyouts which can't be done til summer

i have a new found respect for mike gillis for not hanging up on these clowns

Edited by captaincanuck88, 06 January 2013 - 08:44 PM.

#20 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Meanwhile Buffalo's management is saying they still want a centre because they overestimated Cody. We came out ahead.

Maybe you could enlighten us on when they said they 'overestimated' Cody? Or is this what you want to believe?

#21 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,041 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Maybe you could enlighten us on when they said they 'overestimated' Cody? Or is this what you want to believe?

They never said that they overestimated Hodgson, people just jumped to that conclusion when Regier said he was still looking for a top centre.

And they had just drafted Grigorenko, so people assumed that he wasn't happy with Hodgson. The reality was, they wanted to get rid of Roy, which they did. So at the time, they did need a top centre.

Posted Image

#22 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Gallagher, Papp, McIntyre, Botchford...and a bunch of other journalists and media guys in Vancouver are a collective group of morons. These guys all have a way of spinning stuff and trying to present themselves as experts, when in fact they do zero research and have their facts skewed. You guys remember Pratt getting fired from TEAM 1040 for plagiarism? How was that for journalistic integrity? Had to laugh at Papp, Gallagher and McIntyre's questions. Do you guys remember Gallagher getting railroaded by Scott Thornton and broadcaster from NESN or ESPN radio (Boston) after January 2012 game? I couldn't help but laugh listening to Gallagher get embarassed.

For my money, thankfully, we do have some credible media guys in town...Murphy, Shorthouse, Tomilinson, Price, Kuzma and Taylor (Carrot top and B-Mac are borderline though Rintaul is getting better though I remember him being an ass at the LPGA event at Point Grey in 2003, and that image hasn't left me). Garrett's got to be the worst color guy in the business...repeats the same point 3-4 times (he must think Canuck fans are retards and/or deaf and has to repeat his non-relevant points over and over again...or it might be that he has so little insight that he's got to fill the airwaves with the same commentary).

Anyways, I can't help but feel frustrated for Gillis as he has to answer questions from a group of yahoos that he probably has zero respect for due to their complete incompetence. At least Tortorella respects Larry Brooks when he tees off on him.

Even though you have to sift through a lot of rubble, there are better informed, creative and articulate scribes on the CDC boards than in the Vancouver sports media community.

Thanks for indulging me on my rant for the day.

#23 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

holy crap thats loud!

?? I can barely hear it.. had to turn off everything else and crank my volume :/

Posted Image

#24 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

I think higgins and Schroeder are the best choice for second line center who can score

Edited by canuck_trevor16, 07 January 2013 - 01:27 AM.

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#25 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

"Elliot, I'm not telling you". He sounded like he was talking to a pestering child. :lol:

#26 Russ

Russ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,377 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

Jensen said he was going to stay in SEL regardless so no point in bringing him over seas for a week.

and thats why buffalo drafted centers all at last years draft!

Edited by Russ, 07 January 2013 - 07:34 AM.

Xbox Live - Lenerdosy
PSN - Lenerdosy

Interested in a game of NHL or BF3? Send me a friend request and lets play.

#27 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

Relax people, we'll be fine..the Sedins and Burr will carry us in to the p/o so who really cares about our temp vacant 2nd line C position..once We enter the playoffs, the beast named Kesler will be unleashed! Get ready!!!

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#28 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

"Elliot, I'm not telling you". He sounded like he was talking to a pestering child. :lol:

I loved when the other reporter laughed as the child got scolded!

Posted Image

#29 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,896 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Someone else suggested balancing the lines until Kess comes back? These would be very hard for coaches to stack match up problems for us as these are very either physical or fast + a Twin on each lends world class play making. And maybe the experiment as DeNiro suggested is Higgins at centre?

Booth/Hank/Kassian
Danny/Higgins/Burr (pretty crafty 2knd line..., probably takes 60% of top line draws depending on?)
Raymond/Lapierre/Hansen (Kassian and Hansen interchangeable based on who is "going")
Volpatti/Manny/Pinizotto
Weiss

Relax people, we'll be fine..the Sedins and Burr will carry us in to the p/o so who really cares about our temp vacant 2nd line C position..once We enter the playoffs, the beast named Kesler will be unleashed! Get ready!!!

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 07 January 2013 - 11:01 AM.

#30 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,524 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

What exactly are you basing this on???? Kesler has had exactly one "beastly" postseason round - against Nashville during our cup run - which accounted for 11 of his 36 career playoff points in those 6 games. For a 2nd line center that is supposed to add secondary scoring, the rest of his playoff contributions offensively really doesn't cut it (how many were PP points playing with the Sedins???). Other than that he has been underwhelming to say the least and is always injured come playoff time anyway so he can't play his physical game.

Edited by wallstreetamigo, 07 January 2013 - 11:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.