• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

palindrom

(Value of) Edler to Vancouver (deadline 2014)

lets say Edler sign as a UFA, a 5 years deal summer 2013 with another team. (a 5 000 000$/ season deal)

This team is out of playoff next season and Vancouver explore to possibility to bring back Edler.

what should we give to bring him back?

Let's hope Buffalo signs him, then we trade Bieksa and Hamhuis for Edler and Ehrhoff ;)

So we trade 2 35pt defencemen who play at both ends of the rink, for 2 50pt d-men who are inconsistent in their own end? Ehrhoff especially.

if he signed elsewhere for 5 mill I can't see any reason the canucks wouldn't match that and he would remain a canuck. only way he goes is if another team offers 6mill plus and if that happened no way would I trade to bring him back he would be gone.

The answer is an obvious no. Not to mention if he wanted 5yr 5M chances are he would get it here. He signs somewhere else we'd still have the cap space assets to find a (RH) D man.

I also am kind of take it or leave it with Edler. Bieksa can basically do everything he can. Bieksa with Edler's PP time would have had over 50pts last season. Plus he can fight and hit, log big minutes and play tough competition. Garrison is essentially the same player as Hamhuis (just less proven), so I think finding a comparable RHD to Bieksa would be more ideal than signing Edler for over half a decade....

So can I be the first of the season to say Edler, Booth, Ballard, Raymond, 1st for Weber? :bigblush: