The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2 possible VAN-TOR trades

So with the lockout now over, talks will continue between Vancouver, Toronto, and Florida (somewhat)

Here are two possible trades I'm hoping for as a return for Luongo.

Trade #1 gives us an elite playmaker with sick hands, and a depth defenceman

Trade #2 gives us a 3rd line centre, a skillful prospect, and a 1st rd pick

Trade #1:

To VAN-

C/W-Mikail Grabovski (very skilled C, capable of playing top 6/ top 9 roles)

D-Cody Franson (falling down Toronto's depth chart, he is a big-bodied defenceman who could form a shutdown pair with Tanev)

To TOR-

G-Roberto Luongo (franchise goalie to help TOR reach the playoffs)

LW-Mason Raymond (speedy winger who could use a fresh start. Similar situation as Franson)

***condition 2nd/3rd rd pick if Toronto fails to make the playoffs

Breakdown

Luongo----->Grabovski

Raymond,**2nd/3rd-----> Franson

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trade #2:

To VAN-

C/W- Tyler Bozak (can fill the 2nd line C role while Kesler is out)

C/W- Nazem Kadri (great young prospect, who can also fill either holes in either the 2nd or 3rd line)

First round pick 2014

To TOR-

G- Roberto Luongo (Franchise goalie)

LW- Mason Raymond (takes Kadri's spot on the wing/ in the top 9)

4th rd pick 2013

Breakdown

Luongo------>Bozak,1st rd pick

Raymond,4th rd pick------> Kadri

For those who think we need a better player than Grabovski in our top 6, his +/- was even last year, and he was a +14 in 2010/11. He fought Chris Neil on Ottawa in effort to stick up for his rookie teammate Carter Ashton, and he has had 2 straight seasons where he has had a 25+ goal pace/ per 82 games.

The deal in place right now (according to Bob Mackenzie and the panel looks to be Bozak++ but I'd really like Gillis to hold out for Grabovski if he could. This is all assuming Luongo waives his NTC to go to TOR, which he may not.

Here's Grabovski's highlights from last year, just to try and prove my point of why I think the Canucks should push to get this guy.

Well for the first one I don't think Grabovski is in play, then after that Franson isn't worth Raymond+ Conditional Picks.

Franson is bad defensively, he has some nice physical skills but doesn't always use them to his advantage, he also doesn't fit on our roster currently since we can't buyout Ballard till the offseason and Franson won't beat out Tanev or Ballard for the 3rd line spot.

I don't mind the 2nd one though, but Luongo > Bozak + 1st.

Bozak is a pending UFA who we might not even re-sign if we get him, and he is only a 3rd liner on our team, I think maybe take out Raymond and/or the pick and I might do it.

The Leafs don't even have a 1st line center; they're not going to trade their best one in Grabovski. Bozak is a possibility in a Luongo deal, but really I don't think the Leafs are in a position to be trading either of their two best centers given what they currently have.

In a Luongo deal, I'd honestly be happy with Frattin + Franson + 2013 2nd. And I don't think we can expect much more than that.

Any lu deal will have to have a goalie coming back or a secondary trade to bring one in.

MG wanted Lack to play another year in the AHL which is why he structured his contract with a two way this year and a 1 way next year. Also lack is injured with a rumored possible hip surgery being needed so we will need a backup goalie if Lu is to be traded.

I also don't think we will be getting their center as has been previously stated, they are making JVR play center (someone who's not played center before). I really don't want to take a shot at a proposal because I don't know toronto very well. But if I had my choice id almost want JVR ++

The Leafs don't even have a 1st line center; they're not going to trade their best one in Grabovski. Bozak is a possibility in a Luongo deal, but really I don't think the Leafs are in a position to be trading either of their two best centers given what they currently have.

In a Luongo deal, I'd honestly be happy with Frattin + Franson + 2013 2nd. And I don't think we can expect much more than that.

Could possibly Luongo go to Florida for their remaining RFA Dmitri Kulikov?

The Defenceman is only 22 years old, and has 13 goals and 70 points over 3 seasons (198 games).

Based on the slow resigning for him: Seems like he possibly doesn't enjoy playing in Florida, or most likely lag from the new CBA. But, He could want to join a Cup contending team like Vancouver.

* Trade only happens under the condition that he signs with team.

To Vancouver:

Kulikov rights

Pick

Theodore (Possibly)

To Florida:

Luongo

Pick

I don't think we're getting Grabovski as he is there closest thing to a number 1 center, Bozak is like their Burrows. Well I wouldn't mind having Gardiner. Anything else they have i don't really think we will want. Maybe Colbourne a big center but I'm not sure if it is worth it.

Archived