The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 Season Predictions

Provost

1st in the NW

Anyone that thinks the wild are going to be good must think Suter can play 60min a game

We will not find a deal for the greaser, he will have a horrible start as per normal Cory will start the majority of the games. Luongo will be sent down to the wolves then to Kalamazoo.

Kesler will come back end of February and dive

Volpatti will be the surprise of the year and become AVs new pet now that Rome is gone

Hansen will continue to improve

Mayray, the twins and booth will rebound.

This team is such a mess. They should have traded Schneids a year and a half ago. Luongo has been treated so poorly by the fans and media I'd be surprised if he'd want to stay on such a team.

I'm still a fan, but I'm just not sure if I am going to enjoy this season.

- Luongo gets traded to Toronto for Kadri + others

- Canucks sign Dan Ellis as a backup

- Kadri struggles and stays in the AHL, other players in the trade make little impact.

- Schneider gets injured early, forcing a dire goaltending situation

- Kesler returns early because the team is struggling, "claims he's 100% okay" but fails to produce.

- Canucks fall behind in the condensed schedule

- The Canucks are eliminated from getting a playoff spot in the last game of the regular season by the Maple Leafs and Robert Luongo gets a shut out

:rolleyes:

Maybe that was a bit harsh (and I guess we wouldn't be playing Toronto). I think the Canucks will finish 3rd in the West and have a good run at the cup, and will probably make it at least to the Western finals.

Canucks missing Kesler early finish 4th in the conference behind LA,San Jose and St Louis, NYR, Boston and Pittsburgh top East.

Lou trade goes down for Ashton, Biggs and Franson after he knocks back an Edmonton deal.

Edler for Couturiere rumoured, but we sign Arnott as depth centre.

Schroeder starts season as 3rd line C.

Canucks start experimenting with balanced physical lines and using Twins as play makers on alternate lines.

Playing games with Burrows and Hank, Kassian gets his legs and hits 15 goals and 32 points.

PP is lethal with Twins/Burr and Edler / Garrison but also toy with Kassian in front of net.

Experiment looks great as Danny, Booth and Kesler is a dominating physical line and Hank makes everyone else look good double shifting as 2knd and 4th line C; eating up bottom match ups and creating match up problems. Twins Burr reunited in many home games, and key scoring opportunities.

Edmonton squeeks into 8th, Minny 5th for a respectable 3 division teams in the dance.

Rangers trade for Iginla and powerhouse line up defeats Canucks in final.

Edler walks as UFA.

- Luongo is only traded mid-way through the season or not till afterwards

- Canucks start off slow - Vancouver burns - team turns it around in February

- Canucks don't win division, but come in as 4th seed (Minnesota takes top honors as 3rd seed)

- Schroeder surprises people with a strong regular season (25-30 points)

- Garrison struggles early, but struggles don't last - becomes playoff beast.

- Edler's back flares up - nicks potential trade

- Schneider doesn't match last years stats, but still has solid season

- Booth posts something controversial on twitter. People get upset

All in all a typical season for the Canucks - with the usual ups and downs. Without burden of being the President Trophy winners, they go on a strong playoff run.

Other predictions:

LA struggles with consistency all season, but plays good enough to wind up 6th.

Detroit misses playoffs

Columbus surprises many, misses playoffs on last day of season - 9th

St. Louis wins Central division and Western Conference

Phoenix continues momentum from last year, wins Pacific - 2nd seed

Boston wins North East - 2nd seed

Pittsburgh wins Atlantic and Eastern Conference

Florida makes it back to back and wins the South East - 3rd seed

Luongo will start the first game.

Leafs, Flames, Oilers and Sens will miss the playoffs.

Canucks will lose the Conference finals to the Wings who will go on to win the Cup (after all, almost everyone who beats the Canucks either wins the cup or at least gets there).

Crosby will will the scoring race.

Alright, here goes(not what I want, but I think will happen):

-Schneider starts opening night

-Luongo and Schneider alternate games to start season and get Schneider adjusted to the extra back 2 back games

-Canucks begin talking about trade near deadline for a mid to high-level defenceman

-Schneider gets leveled on dirty hit by opposing playoff contender's player, carted off ice, management unsure of severity

-Luongo starts a few games in a row while Schneider is tested

-Team learns that Schneider received a very severe concussion, return not likely for rest of season and playoffs

-Lack recalled to start every 7 games or so

-Luongo and Canucks rally for fallen teammate, reel off NHL record 18-game winning streak including 4 shutouts(Lu 3, Lack 1)

-Canucks claim President's Trophy with ease, cruise into playoffs on another winning streak

-The team wears a special decal on their helmet of Cory's initials for playoffs

-Team sweeps Red Wings in first round, Preds in 2nd round

-They then beat L.A. in 5 games exercising their 2012 playoff demon

-Canucks meet Rangers in Finals rematch of 1994

-Nucks go down 3-0, all hope seems lost for the Cup

-Canucks keep season alive winning Game 4 in OT on goal by Kesler

-Before anthems for Game 5, Cory Schneider(who is still feeling the effects of the concussion) takes a cab to Rogers Arena, and makes a surprise visit before the crowd and his teammates, inspiring the Canucks

-Kesler scores a hat trick in Game 5, Luongo posts another shutout(his 4th of playoffs), and Canucks force Game 6 in New York

-Kesler uses the words to the likeness of Mark Messier before Game 6, guaranteeing they'll win the Cup.

-Canucks win Game 6 in OT on a goal by Kesler

-Canucks dominate Game 7, taking 5-0 lead and never looking back, becoming the first team since the 1942 Maple Leafs to win the Cup after being down 3-0

And there you have it...

1. Bomb Season due to Kesler being injured for entire duration

2. Draft Seth Jones

3. Trade Luongo to Florida for Matthias, and Huberdeau

4. Start next season with following roster

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Kassian

Higgins Matthias Huberdeau

Malhotra Lapierre Hansen

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Jones Tanev

Schneider

2 cups in a row

Canucks finish in a 4-way tie for 1st in the West. Just ahead of the 9-way tie for 5th. Calgary finishes last.

A key player misses half the season aka 2 months due to a ear infection. Canucks trade for Getlaf with the LTIR space.

Luongo plays 2 games, leads all goalies in All-Star votes.

Burrows wins the Richard, sealing it in the final game while Henrik feeds him 4 goals just for lulz.

I finally win that stylish mens Bulova watch from Safeways' score and win.

Alright, here goes(not what I want, but I think will happen):

-Schneider starts opening night

-Luongo and Schneider alternate games to start season and get Schneider adjusted to the extra back 2 back games

-Canucks begin talking about trade near deadline for a mid to high-level defenceman

-Schneider gets leveled on dirty hit by opposing playoff contender's player, carted off ice, management unsure of severity

-Luongo starts a few games in a row while Schneider is tested

-Team learns that Schneider received a very severe concussion, return not likely for rest of season and playoffs

-Lack recalled to start every 7 games or so

-Luongo and Canucks rally for fallen teammate, reel off NHL record 18-game winning streak including 4 shutouts(Lu 3, Lack 1)

-Canucks claim President's Trophy with ease, cruise into playoffs on another winning streak

-The team wears a special decal on their helmet of Cory's initials for playoffs

-Team sweeps Red Wings in first round, Preds in 2nd round

-They then beat L.A. in 5 games exercising their 2012 playoff demon

-Canucks meet Rangers in Finals rematch of 1994

-Nucks go down 3-0, all hope seems lost for the Cup

-Canucks keep season alive winning Game 4 in OT on goal by Kesler

-Before anthems for Game 5, Cory Schneider(who is still feeling the effects of the concussion) takes a cab to Rogers Arena, and makes a surprise visit before the crowd and his teammates, inspiring the Canucks

-Kesler scores a hat trick in Game 5, Luongo posts another shutout(his 4th of playoffs), and Canucks force Game 6 in New York

-Kesler uses the words to the likeness of Mark Messier before Game 6, guaranteeing they'll win the Cup.

-Canucks win Game 6 in OT on a goal by Kesler

-Canucks dominate Game 7, taking 5-0 lead and never looking back, becoming the first team since the 1942 Maple Leafs to win the Cup after being down 3-0

And there you have it...

loungo gets traded before the season starts

booth plays great gets 53 points

kesler comes back mid-february, amex line is put together again and rules

raymond has a good season on the 3rd line (which gets more minutes because four lines are rolled more due to short season)

garrison does not dominate offensively but does defensively as well as look good on the powerplay with hard low shots that set up goals off of rebounds

lapierre looks great on the 3rd and is a much more punishing forechecker with the added muscle

ballard finally earns his paycheck

hamhuis pulls his groin misses 10 games but is again our best defenseman

edler still makes too many mistakes but gets 50 plus points

schroeder does not make the team out of traing camp, av uses higgins as center until kesler is back

canucks sign dan ellis as back up

salo pulls his groin in 2nd week of the season and tampa loses him for the season

• 2 months later...

We did this last year and it was interesting as the year went on seeing who was right on the money and who wasn't.

Pick a few predictions you think for the coming season and the Canucks.

Here are mine:

- Luongo gets traded before the season is done

- Through trades/signings we end up with two new forwards and one new defenceman from outside the organization.

- Schneider has some struggles with consistency being the go-to guy in such a compressed season.

- The defence struggles trying to adjust to the absence of Salo, raising our GAA

- Higgins and Lapierre raise their game and have the most improvement

- We end up #3-5 in the conference this season

EDIT: Please don't be a troll and put useless posts in this thread. It is a place for predictions and just posting how dumb you think someone's predictions are makes you look silly. Man up and make your own prediction and when it comes true, feel free to gloat during the season.

I love this team, I predict the Canucks will win the Stanley Cup!!! :frantic:

1. Daniel, Henrik and Burrows whats not to love

2. When Kessler returns put him with Kassian, Higgens, Jensen or Booth (if he gets back for the playoffs) love the sound of that

3. Raymond, Hansen and Schroeder, :blink: blink & they are gone, the chemistry is there, the puck is in the net, love em

4. Lappy and crew can't think of a better 4th Love em all

5. Edler, Tanev, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Ballard Love em, Gimme Garrison on the PP and even if we dont score there wont be any compeditors left as he wrecks them with that shot.

6. Schneider or Luongo Love em both, would love to keep em both but salary cap will kill that; but maybe for this season

Give us good health and we are unstoppable, its our destiny!!! :towel::canucks: Go Canucks :canucks:

Oh Yeah and I love the new Jerseys, :wub: I hope we are wearing them when we win the Cup!

Archived