The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hockey sticks.

Canucks4Cup2012

Hey guys I was deciding which hockey stick to choose and needed some advice, maybe one of you guys can help me out. I play forward postion is centre. So the two sticks are Easton RS and Easton Mako. Which stick is better for wrist shots and quick snap shots. Any help would be great thanks! I have used other sticks as in reebok a.I and warrior swizzle. Swizzle was better for me rather then the reebok. What sticks do you guys enjoy the most?.

I'm not an Easton fan at all, never had any luck with them, either I just don't like the feel or they break easily.

Always been a fan of Vapors (I have an APX now) and the CCM U+'s (had a Johnny T Pro Stock, by far the best stick I've ever had).

If you like Warrios, I've had a few different models of the Dolomite, and they've all felt good and lasted a decent amount of time.

I use a Warrior Dolomite Spyne with a Draper curve (85 flex) and it's honestly the best hockey stick i have ever used. I've used all kinds of sherwoods, Eastons, CCM, and thus far the Dolomite Spyne is the best one i've used. It's super light, and so far it's been durable. I've had it for over a year, there's a little bit of wear and tear, but the integrity of the stick hasn't been compromised.

As for the Mako or the RS, i have heard good things about both, i played with a guy that had an RS last year and he spoke nothing but good things about it. This year one of my close friends bought a Mako and he has abused the crap out of it and it has lasted him well. He has a bomb of a slapshot, and after he got the Mako it seemed like his shot was harder. It's also a crazy light stick.

Look at reviews, if ya have the chance compare sticks in person. If I was to choose I'd take the RS.

varrior-dol.spyne.jpg

This is my twig.

Son, you must venture into the woods and find a young baby tree of just the right length. Then you must begin shaving your wood, slowly. Slowly shape it into a stick, and then it will begin to take shape. You will be able to play hockey with the empowerment that you made that stick from wood you harvested on the night of the 12th moon.

Either that or go in the store and get a feel for them, and read some reviews.

Sorry don't really know what stick you should use. Might lean towards the Rs as it sounds more like a scoring stick and the mako seems more like a possession and stick handling stick. (don't know if anything i just wrote made sense)

I just use under 100 dollar sticks. I am using the Bauer X:40 and it is ok (don't like rounded edges has to be square) and a Coffey woodie which i love for a backup stick

Best stick I've ever used but I finally broke mine recently :sadno: . I have an Easton S19 and Warrior Dolomite Spyne as well but neither feel nearly as good as the one95. I don't think the S19 is a bad stick but it feels so different from the Supreme which I was so used to, can't seem to get much flex out of it. I can get a really accurate wrist shot with the Dolomite Spyne (Kovalchuk curve) but it is heavier than most high end sticks.

Archived