The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lets hope Canucks dont have a slow start

Patrick Jane

Guest Gumballthechewy

God you guys are massively annoying with this Luongo saga. Schneider will sh!t the bed and you will regret.

I want to run with Schneider BUT I insist Lu goes nowhere until we know what we really have in Cory Schneider.

Lu moved mountains here from the get go. He stands behind a D that think their own zone is just somewhere to visit now and again and I don't need Toronto or anyone else pissing themselves laughing while we are watching a backup crackup.

An early move for Lu could be the end of MG if it backfires.

"Luongo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Schneider by miles."

Although I tend to agree (not sure it's miles though) I don't know, nobody really knows. I suspect he is, however I am only basing that on the fact that it is a lot harder, mentally to be the guy who is called on every night. We don't know how Cory would react to a string of say 3 poor games where he is being blamed.

We do know that Lu just comes bouncing back, that could be the difference.

3 straight years LOL

Let's look at his last 5 playoffs with us

- Single handedly carries us into the playoffs and beat Dallas, loses against a super stacked Ducks team.

- Lost 2 years in a row to the most rigged hockey team i've ever seen this era. They had a 3rd line of Ladd, Versteeg, Bolland. 2 of which are 1st line caliber players.

- Out duels Pekka Rinne, 2 SO in the SCF, stopped the puck when we needed him most vs Hawks and Sharks.

- Team plays like crap in front of him in Boston, that's a team loss not a "Luongo" loss.

- Entire team craps the bed against the Kings. Edler was just terrible, Kesler/Daniel injured.

Luongo will end up in the hall of fame and is a tremendous goaltender. In a do or die game, and we're guaranteed Luongo's best..

Luongo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Schneider by miles.

This will probably be a crazy season with a few surprise teams getting in. Canucks can obviously not afford their usual slow start because by the 10-15 game mark they could be in too big of a hole to get out but with Kesler injured and our 2nd and 3rd lines looking so messy, I have my doubts. As long as we make the playoffs and are healthy I won't complain. Sedins and goaltending will definitely have to carry this team. Scoring will probably be an issue.

Archived