The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lets hope Canucks dont have a slow start

Patrick Jane

As long as he doesn't sh!t the bed in the playoffs for 3 straight years like Luongo, nobody will regret anything. Chances are that Schneider will be just fine. What are the odds that we get rid of one imploding goalie (Luongo) only to get stuck with another?

Guest Dasein

Canucks over the past couple of years have had slow starts and with either a 48 or 50 game season, if a slow start happens Canucks could be in trouble.With kesler out, AV isnt gonna play schroeder cause he doesnt know what hes doing. And what happens to LU?

And who is gonna be the last 5 teams to win the draft?

I see two potential paths for this season:

1. Canucks start out rusty, everyone flips out. Canucks play themselves into shape, make a run, and either miss the playoffs barely or just make it in but lose early on.

2. Canucks start out rusty, everyone flips out. Canucks figure it out fairly quickly and go on a tear, peak just in time for the playoffs, and finally win the Cup in a shortened season, causing millions of debates to break out over whether it's legit or not.

I see two potential paths for this season:

1. Canucks start out rusty, everyone flips out. Canucks play themselves into shape, make a run, and either miss the playoffs barely or just make it in but lose early on.

2. Canucks start out rusty, everyone flips out. Canucks figure it out fairly quickly and go on a tear, peak just in time for the playoffs, and finally win the Cup in a shortened season, causing millions of debates to break out over whether it's legit or not.

The Canucks WILL be slow out of the gate. They always are and aside from ~5 players, everyone will be rustier than usual. Also have injuries to Kesler to deal with near the beginning, not enough depth, are Edler/Garrison fully rehabbed from injury and ready for games, etc...

I can guarantee outside of of the Sedin line and the powerplay we are going to have some SERIOUS scoring issues. Our second line is a mess without Kesler in the lineup and I really don't have faith in our bottom six scoring consistently. Not to mention losing Salo's bomb from the point. Sorry to all the Garrison fanboys, but he doesn't even touch Salo in terms of accuracy and shot placement.

There's enough for a slow start.

3 straight years LOL

Let's look at his last 5 playoffs with us

- Single handedly carries us into the playoffs and beat Dallas, loses against a super stacked Ducks team.

- Lost 2 years in a row to the most rigged hockey team i've ever seen this era. They had a 3rd line of Ladd, Versteeg, Bolland. 2 of which are 1st line caliber players.

- Out duels Pekka Rinne, 2 SO in the SCF, stopped the puck when we needed him most vs Hawks and Sharks.

- Team plays like crap in front of him in Boston, that's a team loss not a "Luongo" loss.

- Entire team craps the bed against the Kings. Edler was just terrible, Kesler/Daniel injured.

Luongo will end up in the hall of fame and is a tremendous goaltender. In a do or die game, and we're guaranteed Luongo's best..

Luongo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Schneider by miles.

Team 1040 doesn't know crap. They still aren't allowed to talk about player movement and yet all of a sudden there are rumors again? Its all BS, personally I don't think lou is going to TO unless they give us a goalie back which isn't in anyone's TO trade rumors.

Having two goalies in a short season is a huge advantage. It would not surprise me in the least if Cory and Lu split the games 50/50.

Team 1040 doesn't know crap. They still aren't allowed to talk about player movement and yet all of a sudden there are rumors again? Its all BS, personally I don't think lou is going to TO unless they give us a goalie back which isn't in anyone's TO trade rumors.

Having two goalies in a short season is a huge advantage. It would not surprise me in the least if Cory and Lu split the games 50/50.

other than Luongo's first playoff year here, I can't say he has been great

not many goalies are in the HHOF, the latest are Fuhr and Roy

Hasek will get in, Broduer will be in

does luongo really belong? honestly

3 straight years LOL

- Single handedly carries us into the playoffs and beat Dallas, loses against a super stacked Ducks team.

- Lost 2 years in a row to the most rigged hockey team i've ever seen this era. They had a 3rd line of Ladd, Versteeg, Bolland. 2 of which are 1st line caliber players.

- Out duels Pekka Rinne, 2 SO in the SCF, stopped the puck when we needed him most vs Hawks and Sharks.

- Team plays like crap in front of him in Boston, that's a team loss not a "Luongo" loss.

- Entire team craps the bed against the Kings. Edler was just terrible, Kesler/Daniel injured.

Luongo will end up in the hall of fame and is a tremendous goaltender. In a do or die game, and we're guaranteed Luongo's best..

every talk turns into a Lou vs Cory talk. Might as well change the CDC to Lou vs Schiends

anyways, I hope they don't have a slow start as 10 games is like 20% of your season.

3 straight years LOL

Archived