The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo speaks: TSN video

captain_kirk1

I think we'll keep both goalies this season. With us being able to spend up to 70 million there's no cap problem and in such a short season, one injury or, one bad streak, or even just getting up to speed with the season slowly can screw us. Having two NHL caliber goalies in case the other one craps the bed, can only help.

I think we'll keep both goalies this season. With us being able to spend up to 70 million there's no cap problem and in such a short season, one injury or, one bad streak, or even just getting up to speed with the season slowly can screw us. Having two NHL caliber goalies in case the other one craps the bed, can only help.

Love the omission of him being fed Leafs-centric questions, but all other questions are aired.

Also loving the general Luongo love in TO... now... When they've been ripping him for all 6 years of him being a Canuck.

I will not miss TSN's or CBC's blabbering TO coverage this season, certainly.

lol currently we have 2 goalies and the same number of NHL calibre centerman-Sedin and Lappy.

right now, we need centermen- will schoreder be able to carry our 2nd line for 20 games? what about 40 games- that is a lot to ask of a kid who has yet to play in the NHL. Either way, the way this team could really improve, would be to go out and get a big young centerman with some skill-CBJ-Johansen- a pipe dream I know, but inorder to get a centerman like that, we need to move a goalie.

I can't imagine that to start the season Luongo won't be the backup. Lack is hurt and none of the free agent goalies seem to be backup material. Unless we get a forward and a decent goalie in return I would expect Luongo to be here in a few weeks. Also to say that Schneider doesn't need competition and that having two elite goalies would keep up the aggressive atmosphere would be ignoring the truth. Only downfall to him is the cap hit.

Archived