BEASTLY!!!

#32 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

The media is so damn blood thirsty right now, this is going to be a terrible distraction. This whole situation needs to be dealt with. I've always been pro Luongo and wish we would just hold onto him. But now that Schneider has been re-signed, trading Luongo is inevitable and it just needs to happen. Cut the damn cord already.
Posted Image

#33 MANGO

MANGO

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

I'm gonna laugh my a$$ off when he plays for Van. all season and earns his #1 spot back
Posted Image

formerly......puck n icehole

#34 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

Poor guy. Playing in Van this year has so much potential of being the most degrading ezperience in his life. Really, Mike. Let him go.

#35 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

We all suffered through the Luongo/Schneider debate last season and it was a huge distraction.
Going into this shortened season, I would not be at all surprised to see Luongo stick around for the whole season. I think Luongo will be out to prove that he is still #1 or at least capable of being #1. If Schneider once again proves to be his equal or better it would be a no brainer for MG to keep the younger and cheaper goalie.
That said, I still think Luongo is with the team for the whole season. If he gets moved before then, it will be for a good return. The other teams do not have to worry about his contract term because they could always make him one of their 2 buyouts.
Luongo sounds pumped about the start of the season and if he performs at a high level, GM's will come knocking on Gillis's door. Both sides have a chance to get a deal done that is beneficial for both if they work together (and they both appear ready to accomodate each other).
Let's just enjoy watching the best goalie tandem in the league for as long as we have them and let MG and Luongo work this out behind closed doors.

#36 Kubrick

Kubrick

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

It makes no sense to have a six million dollar player on the bench. We will be a far better match against the likes of Los Angeles or whoever with the assets we'd acquire back.

Imagine our third line and defensive depth once kesler returns, if we had a luongo trade and AV had not plummeted Ballards stock?

Scorch if you want, but it seems a lot of people forget how mismatched we were against LA.
Posted Image

#37 canucks_qc

canucks_qc

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

But all teams have a 70mil cap. If we want to ice the best team we can paying 5mil for a backup is ridiculous. What if we have a injurry on defense of forward, then the goalie on the bench can't help us. No one knows what will transpire with players getting hurt but I'd bet on needing more support outside of the net, as the past has shown us.

We have a team that have nothing to prove during the season. It's a short season if Schneider have a slump, we can put Luongo in net to win games, in case of a major injury, we can trade Luongo to fill the empty spot. If an other team have problem with their keeper and panic they could gave us to much to get Luongo because it's a short season and you can't have a slump during 10 games or you're out of the playoff.

The trade of Luongo will affect this team for the next 4 or 5 years, we have to do it the right way, you don't do a trade that important just to make the fans happy, you wait for the off season to do an important move like that. If we receive an AMAZING offer for Luongo, get the deal done, if we lose a key player for the playoff because of an injury, trade Luongo to fill that spot, but other than that we have to keep both of our goaltenders.

We have more than we think in common with ''Le Canadien de Montréal''

Both have logo shapped in ''C''

Canadien and Canucks mean the samething

We both hate the Boston Bruins now

Alain Vigneault coached both teams

Rogers Arena, Centre Bell, it's phones company

We are blue white and green they are blue white and red

Our #1 goalie is from Qc, their #1 goalie is from BC

But we have one important thing different and I hope it will change after the next season, we don't have Stanley Cup banner

#38 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,523 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

I'm not sold on Schneider after seeing him at the Spengler Cup, he needed sunblock for the number of times he was lit up

#39 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Canucks just won't be the same without him for me. :(
Posted Image

#40 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,127 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

I'm not sold on Schneider after seeing him at the Spengler Cup, he needed sunblock for the number of times he was lit up

Playing on the worst team all season, and playing against Canada on a mediocre team.

What do you expect?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#41 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,824 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

He wants to be traded what do you expect

When you are pushed out you really have no other answer or choice.
I am sure he is so ready to throttle Gillis but plays the game for the chance to get to Florida.
Imagine playing in Florida...or Toronto.I guess in three hours he can fly and be home with his kids so it is not the end of the world.

#42 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Yeah damn, reminds me of those numerous games Luongo let in 5 goals+ in the playoffs with an elite team in front of him.

#43 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,824 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Playing on the worst team all season, and playing against Canada on a mediocre team.
What do you expect?

Better than awful.
Cory Schneider

He is the NHL’s biggest disappointment at the tournament by far. HC Fribourg came into the tournament as Switzerland’s top team, and believed they would get a boost by adding Schneider to their roster. It didn’t work. They went 2-2 at the Spengler Cup, and the two starts Schneider made were each losses. After the team won their first game with regular goalie Benjamin Conz in net, Schneider allowed two goals in their next game to HC Vitkovice Steel on just 17 shots. Conz helped the team to a victory in the quarterfinals and when Schneider got the nod in goal against Canada in the semis, he allowed five goals on 33 shots. Final statline: 0-2, 3.50 GAA, 860 SV %. Don’t pack your bags just yet, Roberto.
http://www.rotoworld...gler-cup-report

#44 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

I wouldn't mind if he stuck around all season as a back-up. Mind you, who knows if he would actually go through with it. Talk is cheap.

Whatever happens, I hope he stays healthy. We'll get nothing for him if he pulls his groin again.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#45 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

LOU is all class, I hope we can keep these 2 for this year and make a legitimate run.

1987.jpg

On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami :ph34r:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.