The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo speaks: TSN video

captain_kirk1

He's definately saying all the right things, he doesn't want to be a cancer in the room and is staying positive. But what I read from that was he's ready to leave still and waiting fro the right offer. As much as I like the idea of insurance having him as a backup if Schnieder can't handle being number one, I'm over Luongo, he can go. I'll take a veteran backup over Luongo at this point.

The media is so damn blood thirsty right now, this is going to be a terrible distraction. This whole situation needs to be dealt with. I've always been pro Luongo and wish we would just hold onto him. But now that Schneider has been re-signed, trading Luongo is inevitable and it just needs to happen. Cut the damn cord already.

We all suffered through the Luongo/Schneider debate last season and it was a huge distraction.

Going into this shortened season, I would not be at all surprised to see Luongo stick around for the whole season. I think Luongo will be out to prove that he is still #1 or at least capable of being #1. If Schneider once again proves to be his equal or better it would be a no brainer for MG to keep the younger and cheaper goalie.

That said, I still think Luongo is with the team for the whole season. If he gets moved before then, it will be for a good return. The other teams do not have to worry about his contract term because they could always make him one of their 2 buyouts.

Luongo sounds pumped about the start of the season and if he performs at a high level, GM's will come knocking on Gillis's door. Both sides have a chance to get a deal done that is beneficial for both if they work together (and they both appear ready to accomodate each other).

Let's just enjoy watching the best goalie tandem in the league for as long as we have them and let MG and Luongo work this out behind closed doors.

It makes no sense to have a six million dollar player on the bench. We will be a far better match against the likes of Los Angeles or whoever with the assets we'd acquire back.

Imagine our third line and defensive depth once kesler returns, if we had a luongo trade and AV had not plummeted Ballards stock?

Scorch if you want, but it seems a lot of people forget how mismatched we were against LA.

But all teams have a 70mil cap. If we want to ice the best team we can paying 5mil for a backup is ridiculous. What if we have a injurry on defense of forward, then the goalie on the bench can't help us. No one knows what will transpire with players getting hurt but I'd bet on needing more support outside of the net, as the past has shown us.

Archived