The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Valery Nichushkin (Draft 2013)

Pouria

Is there any way the Canucks could draft Valery Nichushkin?

He is the perfect player the Canucks need to fill in the powerforward type role. He is 6'4 and has great hockey skills. I hope the Canucks can draft this kid. He is the one that ended Canada's WJC medal streak. If the Canucks can get a top 10 pick in the Luongo trade and get this kid, it will definitely help us to remain an elite team in the future. A line of Kassian, Kesler and Nichushkin would be tough to stop.

The common perception of Valery Nicushkin is that he plays almost exactly like Rick Nash (Even his WJC-winner was eerily similar). Would love to see the Canucks get this kid but the issue is he has signed a multi-year deal in Russia IIRC. That may turn off a lot of teams including the Canucks and Gillis. It may also mean that he could be the Tarasenko/Kuznetsov-type player who develops in Russia before coming to North America though.

No russians please.

Draft Sean Monahan-

I would say our first need is a centerman then goaltending, then wingers.

I like BPA strategy but not if players are close in their quality and centerman can often learn to play the wing.

No to Russians unless they are a cannot miss prospect- look at Yakupov-prima ballerina.

I would if we could get all the other teams to draft Ryan Murphy to play on their D against him. But, as is the case with a number of Russians that were picked lower in the draft, there's concerns of if he'd come over and where we'd be drafting to get him anyway.

No russians please.

Draft Sean Monahan-

I would say our first need is a centerman then goaltending, then wingers.

I like BPA strategy but not if players are close in their quality and centerman can often learn to play the wing.

No to Russians unless they are a cannot miss prospect- look at Yakupov-prima ballerina.

No russians please. Draft Sean Monahan- I would say our first need is a centerman then goaltending, then wingers. I like BPA strategy but not if players are close in their quality and centerman can often learn to play the wing. No to Russians unless they are a cannot miss prospect- look at Yakupov-prima ballerina.

If we had a pick somewhere around 10th overall, I'd rather us use it on Ristolainen or maybe even Gauthier.

Ristolainen would add some snarl, not to mention a ton of talent, to our backend.

Gauthier looks like he could pretty similar to Couturier in his playing style and like Couts, could be NHL ready right away.

For those who didn't get a chance to see him, I made a video and will be making videos for a few WJC draft eligibles.

I know some might not like the comparison but it was mentioned to me. He reminds me of David Booth, in the way he drives to the net. Just a thought though.

Archived