The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Remaining UFA and RFA for 2013

Lui's Knob

Actually Huselius isn't injured unless he got injured with AIK (Which I haven't heard about)

I would honestly take Lappy over Arnott, Arnott isn't the 30 or even 20 goal scorer he once was, he is a 30 point player at best who is in decline and lacks the speed to play in our system (In my opinion), Lappierre had 19 Points last year, so assuming Arnott gets 30-35 which is likely it isn't that far off, and Lappierre is faster and alot more gritty.

And Huseliues is an upgrade on our players IMO, he is better than Raymond and Hansen, has better offensive skill than Higgins.

With Kesler out, he does have a spot on the 1st, if he can play to the Sedins game. If not, he'd still be useful on the 2nd PP, considering that it hasn't done much. We actually need someone to improve it, and he could be an affordable person that can.

He spent that whole summer not training and recovering/having surgeries on his eye. Kesler didn't train in the off-season either, and look how terrible he was last year.

Malhotra has been reported to be working as hard as ever, on ice and off. He's one of the best defensive centers in the game.

Ladd, Byflugien, and Penner are 1st line calibre players? Could have fooled me.

Size takes over in the playoffs, whether you want to admit it or not. The bigger body players do more damage than smaller guys. And therefore bigger teams wear down other teams much quicker.

Teams like LA and Boston had star players who were also big and strong. If you have smaller skilled players up front like the Canucks, you need bigger role players to support them.

Ladd plays on the first line and is captain of the Winnipeg Jets. LOL

Byfuglien is now a defenseman, but was a dominant 1st line RW. Penner is a huge reason the Kings won the cup too.

It's not just about big bodies, it's having big bodies THAT CAN PLAY. Arnott can no longer play at an effective level, especially with out fast breakout system.

Huselius got injured with AIK, which is why Jensen was playing on the top line. Not sure how serious his injury is, only that he has a history of injuries.

The question is not whether Husleius is a good player, he is. The question is do we need more wingers. Right now our number 1 priority is depth at center and defense. There's no guarantees that Malhotra or Lapierre will be effective as 2nd or third line centers.

Arnott scored 17 goals on a low scoring Blues team. That's pretty impressive. His numbers would only be higher on a high scoring team like the Canucks. The guy can still play.

And like I've said time and time again, you need veteran players to win a cup.

Burrows is pretty close to Huselius, and has an awful lot more warrior built into him.

For my money, he is a perfect line 2 solution for us. After years with the twins he can bring the passing, defensive pressure and line gelling skills Booth and Kesler need.

What we need is a line 1 right wing solution if we are going to keep the Twins together. A big guy, who also is willing to do the grunge work Burr did, but still has soft hands and some speed. I wish us luck there, top RW UFA is Sykora. That role, if we fill it will be Kassian, status quo and keep pressure on AV to juggle match ups or a trade.

Plus the more urgent (not more important, Kesler will be back) centre solution. I like and have always liked Arnott. He can also play right wing and has over 500 career assists. Smashian's suggestion of Langkow also has potential. We should dip into UFA here!

But its a puzzle. MG acknowledged what I have been saying for a while, as much as I say we need a top line RW, we do have a healthy surplus on wing. Predominantly left wingers. We are also lacking size. I took MG's acknowledgement as code for a trade is coming and not just Lou!

Name one winger beside Daniel that can pass the puck like Huselius, exactly.

Sorry, but i don't trust Arnott at all against the 3C's on other teams. Too big, too slow. Arnott's stats are also inflated from playing with such a defensive sound team. He's way too big, i'd much rather have Lapierre as our 3c, y'know, someone who knows how to skate and has speed.

I'm not sure why everyone is jumping all over Arnott, there are some other options avaliable.

Hecht

Morrison

Langkow

Personally I would choose Langkow.

Also Huselius (If he is willing to come over and play, after all he did sign in the SEL and might want to stay there) Would be a solid pickup if we don't get anyone in return for Lu and no one grabs that 2W spot.

Archived