The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Manny...............the comeback!

Bodee

Watching Manny in the CDC vid of the players reactions to the shortened season, it struck me that this could be the season for him to make a major comeback.

He looked comfortable on the soccer field in the summer and he looks lean and ready to go in the interview.

Anyone else think he could still be our 2nd line centre? I would love to see him really break out with all guns firing. I still think his diving goal last season was in the top 3 goals scored by the Canucks.

This shortened season may be of great advantage to Malhotra. He did look great on the pitch with the Caps. However, no way he's playing second line. If he could play on third in any near capacity to when he first got here I would be eccstatic.

I was thinking about manny today and wondering why none of the reporters have asked about his condition.

I believe too that manny will be great for us this year, I do not believe his vision was to blame but the fact that he was basically unable to do ANY physical work for like 6 months. As a previous user said, he looked good on the soccer field and looked to be in very good shape.

Manny never has put up the offence that the Rangers expected of him when they drafted him. For that reason alone he won't make it as a 2nd line center. 3rd line, sure, if he returns to form. He's an excellent bottom 6 guy but doesn't provide enough at both ends of the ice to be a top 6.

That is beauty of the Canucks depth, centre's 2 through 4 can play any where in that range.

Schroeder may step in and take the 2nd line spot until Kesler gets back but I am pulling for Manny to do it.

Lappy with the checkers on the 3rd line and Higgins or Schroeder on the 4th.

Of course Ebbett is good to go and may claim a spot.

Archived