The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Manny...............the comeback!

Bodee

That is beauty of the Canucks depth, centre's 2 through 4 can play any where in that range.

Schroeder may step in and take the 2nd line spot until Kesler gets back but I am pulling for Manny to do it.

Lappy with the checkers on the 3rd line and Higgins or Schroeder on the 4th.

of course Ebbett is good to go and may claim a spot.

You expect schroeder to be defensively sound enough as a rookie or strong enough as a tiny forward to play on our checking lines? Its 1st or 2nd line or bust for schroeder IMO MAYBE he gets 3rd line minutes when kes is back if he shows he can handle it.

I think I made it last year when I was fantasizing about Weber becoming a UFA and never really got around to changing it. As for the third line wing situation I always had a thing for Raymond despite all the flack he gets on these boards. But if you'd ask me about it now there's no doubt in my mind I would take Hansen over Raymond.

EDIT: I guess I'll go change it now. :unsure:

Seriously folks????

I think Manny is a great person and I wish him all the best. The fact that he made it back at all from a serious eye injury is a tribute to his ability and hunger.

But last year he was nowhere near the player he was in his first year here, and it wasn't about conditioning. He can't see well out of his injured eye. The difference between an NHL player, and an AHL player is very little. Sometimes it's just a teams needs. But just being a good face-off man won't keep him in this league. It's too bad we can't buy him out this year.

Love the guy, but if he plays this year, it's probably his last.

Archived