Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tice

FANS: WE MUST BOYCOTT NHL MERCHANDISE FOR 2013

23 posts in this topic

Many people have suggested to boycott game 1 of the season and leave the arenas empty. 80% of these tickets are already purchased by season ticket holders, this is not going to happen. People have suggested to not buy tickets for the upcoming season, season ticket holders and ice pak holders are already committed to ticket packages that we simply cannot cancel unless we never want to have them again. There are long wait lists, and if you give us your seniority position it will take ages to get them back.

The way to pay the owners and players back it to lower HRR in other ways that does not punish ourselves. Do not buy and hats, tshirts, jerseys or other NHL merchandise for 1 year. This is an easy solution, they WILL feel the squeeze. We can do this.

NO NHL MERCHANDISE 2013!!

How original! I don't think anyone has mentioned this idea before!

How original! I don't think anyone has mentioned this idea before!

This is a lot like the WTO a-holes who kicked in the window at the Starbucks in Seattle. Guess how much that hurts the millionaires? I'll give you a hint: Zero. The answer is zero. Now, guess how much it hurts the low wage people who work there? Hint: A lot.

If you boycott NHL merch, you actually hurt those who work at the stores that sell the goods, not Gary Bettman.

Please, for the love of all that is the greatest game on Earth, just let go. Enough with the hate and revenge and hyperbole. It only serves to hurt. And it will not hurt those that you intend it to hurt.

This market is diehard. There are enough people who'll pay anything for everything Canucks. You won't be able to sway them. And because of that fact, the Canucks will be fine with or without casual or frustrated fans taking action to 'make the league pay' or whatever.

It's the teams down south that may suffer. Casual fans lost due to frustration or disinterest. But we'll see. (Tickets down there are generally far cheaper and they get more for their money too.)

Well you do that, while your add it you can drop off your Canucks jersey and memrabellia at my house....for every 5000 people that 'boycott' it, there are 10000 that are waiting for the seat.

funny part is the NHL is a gate driven league, their merchandise sales are pitiful compared to other major league sports.

I know a lot of people dislike fake jerseys, but at this point I'd rather buy from someone in Asia than from a league that could care less about fans.

You're only hurting the store owners and employees. Bettman, the other owners, and the players will not be affected by a few more hats and jerseys not being sold since as someone above mentioned, it's a gate driven league.

You'd be making more of a statement boycotting going to any games which I can't afford anyways.

Sorry. I still love my Canucks. Even though they're part of the NHL, the Canucks did nothing wrong to me. Besides, my keys to my house have Canucks logo all over it so it was kinda hard not to support the NHL y'know.

if you want to boycott stuff then fine but seriously shut the f--k up with trying to get other people to do it, not everyone is butthurt about it

it's like those people who use the argument that restaurants etc. were losing money due to the lockout, they're basically admitting they go there just for hockey cause if hockey didn't matter they would frequent these places regardless of the lockout would they not?

if you want to boycott stuff then fine but seriously shut the f--k up with trying to get other people to do it, not everyone is butthurt about it

it's like those people who use the argument that restaurants etc. were losing money due to the lockout, they're basically admitting they go there just for hockey cause if hockey didn't matter they would frequent these places regardless of the lockout would they not?