The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Don Cherry tweets about the millions in Canadian aid to Haiti: 'Are we nuts?'

dudeone

Provinces are carrying a bigger healthcare burden than ever before, and it's getting worse.

"Fix the transfer System" National Post 2012.

...The federal share of health-care spending in Canada has declined dramatically. The federal government used to pay as much as 45¢ of every dollar spent on health care. It now only pays about 20¢ on the provincial dollar. Uneven fiscal capacity across the country also hurts our score on "revenue adequacy." Some provinces have a much tougher time finding the money to fund their social programs. In the past, the federal government had an easy solution to this problem: extract money from the Ontario tax base and reallocate it to other provinces. But that is no longer possible. Ontario's wealth is now only average and the province cannot afford to bankroll inter-regional distribution...

If Cherry REALLY cared how we spend our money, why did he say NOTHING about Harper buying that jet? That thing is helping NOBODY.

You know just because you watched a guy on a segment on CBC, does not mean all his views are right. Don't blindly follow someone, no matter who it is.

Haiti needs a better political system to reduce the huge corruption on this country (Haiti)...

our troops (Brazilian Army, Navy and Air Force) are there for, err, 4 years keeping the peace and sending money and resources, but seems that it will never be enouth. too much corruption from the local administration and the constant wars between the rebels and the Haiti administration are not ending...

every month we send ships with supplies and planes with troops. but the problem seems to be bigger and bigger...

That a country that's 99% reliant on the United States for its national defense is helping other countries when they are in dire need of help?

People spend so much time in waiting rooms because they go to the hospital for stupid things. Every time I go, it's an emergency and I usually get in very quickly. If you go in with a fever and the sniffles, prepare to wait a while.

I split my head open playing hockey a few years ago. I made the mistake of telling them I wasn't feeling dizzy so ended up in the "non-urgent" section. I could see my skull and there was blood dripping down my hand. I ended up behind a line of 20 people. Every single one of them had a cold.

Archived