The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Cam Barker with Canucks?

Avicii

Cam Barker hasn't been able to make the jump from junior to pro, especially the NHL level. I remember when people were considering him to be equal or even better than Seabrook in junior, but it's clear that Barker is still struggling to find his game at the pro level, even after all these years.

I hope Barker figures it out, but IMO the Canucks should stay away.

Cam Barker hasn't been able to make the jump from junior to pro, especially the NHL level. I remember when people were considering him to be equal or even better than Seabrook in junior, but it's clear that Barker is still struggling to find his game at the pro level, even after all these years.

I hope Barker figures it out, but IMO the Canucks should stay away.

Why do you say that? He'd have gotten plenty of opportunity to succeed on the PP like he did in Chicago his career year. He'd have plenty of offensive support as well from all the young stars as well as the pretty useful veterans in Smith and Hemsky. If he couldn't make that work after also getting dropped by Minny and traded by Chicago, that's not Edmonton's fault.

Does that mean he hasn't found his game now or won't succeed with us, even if it is only in a 7/8 d-man role? Nothing's a given, but he has an uphill battle.

So apparently you still do not understand. A complete hockey team needs all kinds of different elements. You need skills, speed, leadership, and of course physical sizes and TOUGHNESS. Hitting and fighting, cheap shots are all part of the sport that you are watching, you still don't understand why we need someone who can stand up to other teams' bad boys?

Barker is a good old Canadian boy that likes to have a normal amount of fun, unfortunately a normal amount of fun isnt a good match to perform at en elite level. i think there is no risk here and a class move by the Canucks. He had injury problems as well so why not give the kid a shot. He's got the skill set and ive seen him play very,very solid before.

Who knows at 26 Cam could realize that now is his time and the Nucks could find themselves with a solid depth defensemen.

Welcome to the Canucks Cam, play your heart out and stay focused bud.

Archived