The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Cam Barker with Canucks?

Avicii

Why? The guy couldn't even make it on the Texas Stars of the AHL, they let him walk after a 25 game tryout this year. If I remember correctly, he's also had a couple of ankle injuries that have pretty much all but destroyed his lateral movement. Maybe for the 6-8th spot on the wolves, but that's about it, IMO

Absolutely. I think it would be foolish to pass up on a guy like that if you can at least offer him a tryout.

A big dude @ 6'3 220. A few very solid seasons: 40pts in 68 games. 14 in 51. 18 in 45.

And he's by no means over the hill @ 26 years old. Half this board is older than the guy.... Well, maybe not.

He was a super high pick...I'd be actually pretty happy if this were true.

Maybe he just needs a change of scenery. A city's atmosphere and a team that will accept you can do a lot for a player's confidence in the NHL. He's a big-bodied defenceman who could re-kindle his career and has no down-side since it's just a tryout.

Cam Barker has the physical tools to become a big player in the NHL. Too bad, he's slow, has low hockey IQ, and lacks dedication. Fix 1/3 of those problems and he's back in the NHL. Fix 2/3 and he's in your top 4. Fix 3/3 of those problems. You got top defense man. Good luck.

Archived