The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Cam Barker with Canucks?

Avicii

Give the kid a chance. Unlike Nolan he's only 26, and has a good set of tools. If the Canucks could get through and motivate him I would be overjoyed to pick up a good dman out of nowhere. Canucks could use some luck like this. Unlike Edmonton and Minny their is some great leadership and success on this team. As I mentioned before if he would happen to make the team the circumstances would be much different then in both of those cities, especially with the media surrounding him. No way he starts doing crap lke O'Brien if he wants to earn millions of bucks.

Also, if he would be servicable at around a mil or less a year that would be a steal. I have great faith in this locker room being a place for reclamations to succeed.

For the last damn time, it's not about getting random crappy big players. It's about having SKILLED BIG PLAYERS in your top 6. Our core ain't built for that.

Sedins aren't physical. Period. There's your problem.

So while I don't mind Barker getting a PTO with the team, I have it on fairly good authority that he has some substance abuse issues that have really reduced his career to the sad state it is in today. Secondly, you have to figure that eventually the organization is going to want to try to move some prospects up through the pipeline to the squad. I don't know how Barker is going to fit into the equation.

So while I don't mind Barker getting a PTO with the team, I have it on fairly good authority that he has some substance abuse issues that have really reduced his career to the sad state it is in today. Secondly, you have to figure that eventually the organization is going to want to try to move some prospects up through the pipeline to the squad. I don't know how Barker is going to fit into the equation.

I'm all in favor of him getting a shot, and if he makes it, he makes it. The Canucks have nothing to lose. However, if what I understand is true, I'm concerned about his commitment to the game. No one has a fall from grace like his for no reason.

I don't believe he will make the team. Especially if we pick up a dman in the near future here,

The first time you replied with your stock answer of "need big tough, we small weak" I thought to myself I was glad actual hockey was back. The second time I saw it, I reminded myself I have to take the good with the bad. The third time I saw it I knew I lasted through it last year. The fourth time I saw it, I started thinking about my ignore list.

Sadly, size has very little to do with helping our team if he's so bad he doesn't play. Understand?

Archived