• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Penguins - 8/1
Rangers - 17/2
Canucks - 9/1
Kings - 12/1
Flyers - 12/1

The 2013 odds from TSN. What do you think? Discuss.

I highly doubt the kings will repeat a cup run but you never now.

i9o36Pr.jpg

#2 Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

I don't think the Flyers should be that high.

I'd go :

Penguins
Blues
Canucks
Rangers
Kings
Posted Image
Thanks Vintage Canuck!

#3 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

I don't think the Flyers should be that high.

I'd go :

Penguins
Blues
Canucks
Rangers
Kings

That's before we see what Garrison can bring to the table, and what the trade deadline has in store. I think if we trade Luongo and add depth at Centre and on defence, and Kesler comes back 100%....we're above Pittsburgh
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#4 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

I'd definitely say the Blues and Rangers are the top 2 favourites.

As it stands right now, I don't see any other team winning the cup, barring injuries of course.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#5 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Mike Gillis has a bit of work to do before the trade deadline in order for the Canucks to become true contenders. But we're in the running. We just need some luck (health wise) and a couple of key deals.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#6 Tru_Knyte

Tru_Knyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,355 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

When is the trade deadline btw? Still in March?
Posted Image

#7 Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

Halak
Pietrangelo
Shattenkirk
Oshie
Backes.
----
Tarasenko
Perron
Shwart

Playoff built.

Blues vs ? in the W. Finals, book it.

Edited by SodaPop, 07 January 2013 - 11:40 PM.

Posted Image
Thanks Vintage Canuck!

#8 laxgoalie

laxgoalie

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

Depends how injuries go and such, and if we're lucky we can get revenge for 1994! I think we have a solid chance as long as we can get some key pieces from Free Agents or a trade. And the Rangers are looking sexy this year.
Posted Image Posted Image

#9 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,099 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

Rangers
Blues
Kings
Penguins
Canucks

#10 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

I'd definitely say the Blues and Rangers are the top 2 favourites.

As it stands right now, I don't see any other team winning the cup, barring injuries of course.

If we hit full stride going into the playoffs I have no doubt we can beat the blues. We're bound to ship Lu for reinforcements up front so our team will be rounded out by the playoffs.

#11 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Canucks need some big bodies for the playoffs, Gillis better do it right this time. This short season could be perfect for our old, injured team.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#12 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

I understand why everyone would say Pittsburgh, what with Fleury, Letang, Crosby, Malkin, plus their additions...but I reeeally think people are over-valuing the Blues. They're a great team, but they don't really have defensive depth. Outside of Pietrangelo, and maybe Polak, who've they really got? Jackman is well past his prime, and over rated anyway, and Halak isn't as good as everyone thought. He, and the entire Blues defense, was picked apart by the Kings (in their defense *pardon the pun* LA was playing lights out hockey through the entire playoffs). I would look at LA repeating before I'd look at the Blues.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#13 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,099 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

I understand why everyone would say Pittsburgh, what with Fleury, Letang, Crosby, Malkin, plus their additions...but I reeeally think people are over-valuing the Blues. They're a great team, but they don't really have defensive depth. Outside of Pietrangelo, and maybe Polak, who've they really got? Jackman is well past his prime, and over rated anyway, and Halak isn't as good as everyone thought. He, and the entire Blues defense, was picked apart by the Kings (in their defense *pardon the pun* LA was playing lights out hockey through the entire playoffs). I would look at LA repeating before I'd look at the Blues.

Halak was injured. Elliot was in net against the Kings.

The Blues have a solid defensive core. Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Cole, Polak, Jackman and Russell is a good top-six. They fit well in Hitchcock's defensive system.

The Blues also are potentially getting Tarasenko and Schwartz on their team as well this year which can help with the scoring.

St.Louis is a scary team going forward.

#14 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Edited by Tortorella's Rant, 08 January 2013 - 12:11 AM.

Posted Image

#15 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,456 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

This may not be St Louis' year but they are building their team the right way and are going to be the class of the West soon enough. With the current roster and Kesler being injured again I would not put the Canucks top 5 at this point.

#16 joecanada777

joecanada777

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

This may not be St Louis' year but they are building their team the right way and are going to be the class of the West soon enough. With the current roster and Kesler being injured again I would not put the Canucks top 5 at this point.

Ya I was amazed by stl last year

Edited by joecanada777, 08 January 2013 - 12:24 AM.

QUOTE(queen_canuck_fan)
cuz when I saw you outside in the bushes, by length I would have guessed 11...

QUOTE(Whiskey7 @ Apr 19 2007, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is done in almost every sport, in every league, for a great player who has an "oooooo" sound in his name. I'm always a bit surprised when people don't pick up on it, and announcers on TV have to clarify for those at home.

#17 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

what do these odds really mean? like 9/1? what does that actually mean? that they have one in every 9 chances of winning? like an 11% chance??

#18 Trade Deadline

Trade Deadline

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,474 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

POPULAR

No mention of Boston.

I approve.

Posted Image

#19 'NucKô

'NucKô

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

what do these odds really mean? like 9/1? what does that actually mean? that they have one in every 9 chances of winning? like an 11% chance??

yup.. you put $1 down, get $9 if you're right

put 2 bucks in for either cbj or florida and youll get $250 back haha

(..aka waste of $2)

Edited by 'NucKô, 08 January 2013 - 01:11 AM.

Posted Image

#20 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,196 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

Kopitar injured to start the season, and they struggled with regular season play so their biggest problem will be getting to the playoffs without their #1 center for a big chunk of the regular season games. Quick is unlikely to replicate last season's performance so I would drop them down a fair bit.

The Penguins have had Malkin and Gonchar playing well in the KHL which could be physically draining for them, or could have prepared them well for the season so they may have a kick-start. Also Crosby is fully healthy and ready to go, I put them as the early cup favourites, much higher than 8/1. Don't forget Letang was almost a point-a-game last season when healthy and he's back too. Only wild-card is Fleury - basically the only way they don't steal the Cup.

Canucks are definately going to struggle without Kesler to start the season - similar to the Kings. I would drop our odds a bit, also with a very uncertain picture in goal. Schneider was bombed in his games in Europe so must have shot his confidence, so we'll see how he fares after being thrown right into the deep end with playoff-like games throughout the shortened, more important regular season games. Our defence boasts probably one of the best top-4 in the league though so no queries there though. We should be about the 3rd or 4th most likely team to win it all.
Posted Image

#21 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,947 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

That's before we see what Garrison can bring to the table, and what the trade deadline has in store. I think if we trade Luongo and add depth at Centre and on defence, and Kesler comes back 100%....we're above Pittsburgh

I'd like to think we'll get better than "depth players" for Luongo.
Posted Image

#22 Lundymaphone

Lundymaphone

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

The Stanley cup winner will likely be the team to come out of the East (Boston? Flyers? Maybe New York's rise is now not in 2-4 years?). Who will come out of the West to lose is a crap shoot. Kings would be my technical favourite (even if barely). The Blues could easily go on a run and make it. The second group of possibles in the West includes Vancouver, Minny (don't laugh, they could go on a run).

#23 iinatcc

iinatcc

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Blues vs ? in the W. Finals, book it.

I can see that Blues vs. Sabers is where I am going at.

#24 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Vegas had Florida at 125/1 odds. Which is kind of weird since they made it to the playoffs last year. Needless to say, I'm putting some money on the Panthers.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#25 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

Blues have no offense what backes leading with 54 points !!!! Penguins canucks two favourites rangers are gonna bust like every year

#26 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

Kopitar injured to start the season, and they struggled with regular season play so their biggest problem will be getting to the playoffs without their #1 center for a big chunk of the regular season games. Quick is unlikely to replicate last season's performance so I would drop them down a fair bit.

The Penguins have had Malkin and Gonchar playing well in the KHL which could be physically draining for them, or could have prepared them well for the season so they may have a kick-start. Also Crosby is fully healthy and ready to go, I put them as the early cup favourites, much higher than 8/1. Don't forget Letang was almost a point-a-game last season when healthy and he's back too. Only wild-card is Fleury - basically the only way they don't steal the Cup.

Canucks are definately going to struggle without Kesler to start the season - similar to the Kings. I would drop our odds a bit, also with a very uncertain picture in goal. Schneider was bombed in his games in Europe so must have shot his confidence, so we'll see how he fares after being thrown right into the deep end with playoff-like games throughout the shortened, more important regular season games. Our defence boasts probably one of the best top-4 in the league though so no queries there though. We should be about the 3rd or 4th most likely team to win it all.

Isn't Gonchar still with Ottawa?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#27 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,684 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

Does that also mean you have money on Lou going to the sunshine state?

Vegas had Florida at 125/1 odds. Which is kind of weird since they made it to the playoffs last year. Needless to say, I'm putting some money on the Panthers.

#28 naslund fan

naslund fan

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

I think if sedins will play the best canucks can win the cup

#29 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

The Rangers are the team to beat IMO. People seem to be really underestimating the acquisition of Rick Nash. The Rangers are the best team on paper going into the season this year. Their defense is amazing and they have offensive juggernauts in Gaborik, Richards, and Nash. And not to mention they're backstopped by one of, if not the best goalie in the league in Henrik Lundqvist.

I say on paper but really they made the Conference Finals last year and that was without Nash. They didn't really give up anything to acquire him either. IMO the road to the Stanley Cup this year goes through the Rangers.

I think the Penguins are too weak defensively to actually go all the way. The Canucks have a really good shot but only if the injury bug can stay away. The Flyers lost a few key pieces from their team last year so I have no idea how they're going to do.

Another team that kinda scares me is the Kings. They didn't lose a single player from their Stanley Cup team last year. Their team is exactly the same. Except this time they have confidence and they know that they can be the best team in the league. Confidence is so key in being good.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Kings vs. Rangers final.

Edited by Nas19, 08 January 2013 - 07:02 AM.

#30 MyNameIsTom

MyNameIsTom

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

Top 5:

Rangers
Kings
Flyers
Blues
Canucks

Top 3 East

Rangers
Flyers
Pens

Top 3 West

Kings
Blues
Canucks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.