The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[2013] Top 5 Odds To Win The Cup

The Magician

I understand why everyone would say Pittsburgh, what with Fleury, Letang, Crosby, Malkin, plus their additions...but I reeeally think people are over-valuing the Blues. They're a great team, but they don't really have defensive depth. Outside of Pietrangelo, and maybe Polak, who've they really got? Jackman is well past his prime, and over rated anyway, and Halak isn't as good as everyone thought. He, and the entire Blues defense, was picked apart by the Kings (in their defense *pardon the pun* LA was playing lights out hockey through the entire playoffs). I would look at LA repeating before I'd look at the Blues.

Thankfully Luongo is still a Canuck. Schneider was rushed into the #1 position and he's shown with his play in Europe that he's not 100% ready for the full time job. With no back up (Lack is injured) we better keep Luongo around as long as we can.

I think the King's could repeat the cup if they can make the playoffs, they're not very good in the regular season, lots of them slack off during the season. In the Playoffs is where most of them shine. That's why i'm counting them out this year, they won't have enough time to scrap together enough wins to get to the 8th seed again. Just my 2 cents

For anyone who doesn't know how odds work... They set the odds on what they think people are going to bet on. They want equal bets on all teams because they just make money on every bet. So they know everyone is betting on Pittsburgh, New York, Vancouver etc so the odds are lower and they want an equal number of people to bet on the rest of the teams so the odds are higher. Very few will bet on Columbus so that's why they start of 100/1 odds. That will get people throwing down bets on them. A five dollar bet will be five hundred back etc.

Odds are what the general public are putting money on... not what actually might be the best team(s) out there. Vegas never loses money!

I'm not a gambling man. However, I gotta say that the Sabres are underrated like crazy.

They're going to be a very strong team this year. They still have the skill, but they added a gritty guy who will drive you crazy (Steve Ott), and a behemoth that will make sure nobody dares run Miller (John Scott).

I'd put them just below the Rangers in the East, with Pitts. No Crosby/Malkin, but far superior goaltending and defensive ability.

I'm not a gambling man. However, I gotta say that the Sabres are underrated like crazy.

They're going to be a very strong team this year. They still have the skill, but they added a gritty guy who will drive you crazy (Steve Ott), and a behemoth that will make sure nobody dares run Miller (John Scott).

I'd put them just below the Rangers in the East, with Pitts. No Crosby/Malkin, but far superior goaltending and defensive ability.

Archived