#32 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,995 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

I love Piers Morgan.

Me too. Okay. Perhaps not love, but I like, find enjoyable, and so on.
Posted Image

#33 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

Alex Jones is a nutbag? But you have no problem with Piers? :picard:
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#34 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

Haha Piers is the nutbag.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#35 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,995 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

Alex Jones is a mental case. Disgusting. Even worse is that so many Americans agree with his nonsense. If you can't debate intelligently, just shout and speak over the opposition.
Posted Image

#36 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

Alex Jones is a conspiracy theorist that should be simply ignored. It's not easy at all since he has a very vocal niche on the internet that keep him happily employed and sidetracking that small portion of the populace with outrageous claims.

Also, it wasn't him who started this petition. Someone simply watches too much Alex Jones.

Anyhow, Piers Morgan shouldn't be deported for spewing garbage, that's his right. The constitution allows him, as at minimum a legal resident, no different than a citizen, the right to take a dump on the very thing that gives him the right. On the other hand, he shouldn't be surprised the reaction he gets when he, as a media figure, shows so much contempt and embellished disrespect for a well established, inalienable right, and those who legally purchase guns.

Edited by zaibatsu, 08 January 2013 - 02:18 AM.

#37 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

Alex Jones is a conspiracy theorist that should be simply ignored. It's not easy at all since he has a very vocal niche on the internet that keep him happily employed and sidetracking that small portion of the populace with outrageous claims.

Also, it wasn't him who started this petition. Someone simply watches too much Alex Jones.

Anyhow, Piers Morgan shouldn't be deported for spewing garbage, that's his right. The constitution allows him, as at minimum a legal resident, no different than a citizen, the right to take a dump on the very thing that gives him the right. On the other hand, he shouldn't be surprised the reaction he gets when he, as a media figure, shows so much contempt and embellished disrespect for a well established, inalienable right, and those who legally purchase guns.

Touche ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#38 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

I don't like Piers Morgan - I think he's an idiot.

But I support him regarding this.

#39 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,308 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

piers morgan is such an idiot

but man, his twitter feed is pretty funny at times. dude has no problem trolling major celebs out in the open.

then again, calling out Wayne Rooney for having poor grammar does get boring sometimes, too

output_Pdq_B7_F.gif

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#40 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

In an earlier video Alex Jones rants about Piers Morgan after the CNN host calls for more gun control in in the wake of the Aurora, Colorado theatre shooting back in July 2012.

"You've got the British imported globalist Piers Morgan.. calling for more gun control. How about you get out of my country punk?"

To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#41 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,308 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

lmao ^

output_Pdq_B7_F.gif

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#42 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Jones is hilarious, Piers is a tool, once the guns go, that's it for Americans. It's just the start.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#43 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

Jones is hilarious, Piers is a tool, once the guns go, that's it for Americans. It's just the start.

It won't, at least, not in my lifetime, so no point in starting.

#44 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

It won't, at least, not in my lifetime, so no point in starting.

That makes sense.

#45 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

I find them to both be "tools" .. as for the loss of guns being the "start" of the decline of the American Empire? .. they said the same thing when the internal combustion engine first came along .. it put all those fancy stables out of business ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#46 nobbiep

nobbiep

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

So he really luvs his gunz.....So the mentally retarded like this guy can own gunz??? lol scary stuff....would never travel to Afgan....I mean USA lol

#47 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

So he really luvs his gunz.....So the mentally retarded like this guy can own gunz??? lol scary stuff....would never travel to Afgan....I mean USA lol

Obama and his predator drones... lawl.

Edited by TheGame., 08 January 2013 - 06:59 PM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#48 dudeone

dudeone

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Haiti's PM to Canada: Give Haitian government more say over Canadian aid

By The Canadian Press | Associated Press5 hrs ago

http://news.yahoo.co...-210017821.html

MONTREAL - Haiti's prime minister is calling on Ottawa to give his governmentmore say over how Canadian aid money is spent in his country.

Ottawa has just announced it will no longer fund new development projects in Haiti, which is still struggling to rebuild from its devastating earthquake three years ago.

Canadian International Co-operation Minister Julian Fantino expressed his disappointment a few days ago at the lack of progress in Haiti and wants to find a better way to help its reconstruction.

Haitian Prime Minister Laurent Lamothe tells The Canadian Press he had also hoped to see more improvement.

He wants Canadian development money to stop bypassing his government for aid groups.

Lamothe is urging Canada to help strengthen Haitian institutions by allowing his government to assume a bigger role in the decision-making process.

Edited by dudeone, 08 January 2013 - 07:24 PM.

#49 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

In an earlier video Alex Jones rants about Piers Morgan after the CNN host calls for more gun control in in the wake of the Aurora, Colorado theatre shooting back in July 2012.

"You've got the British imported globalist Piers Morgan.. calling for more gun control. How about you get out of my country punk?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8D7vribc5c

Hey look, you are subtly posting your conservative propaganda again.

#50 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,464 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

That guy doesn't shut up on Morgan's show.

Overweight and rude

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#51 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

That guy doesn't shut up on Morgan's show.

Overweight and rude American

Fixed it for you.

/=S=/

#52 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,995 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

Fixed it for you.

B)
Posted Image

#53 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,742 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Haiti's PM to Canada: Give Haitian government more say over Canadian aid

By The Canadian Press | Associated Press5 hrs ago

http://news.yahoo.co...-210017821.html

MONTREAL - Haiti's prime minister is calling on Ottawa to give his governmentmore say over how Canadian aid money is spent in his country.

Ottawa has just announced it will no longer fund new development projects in Haiti, which is still struggling to rebuild from its devastating earthquake three years ago.

Canadian International Co-operation Minister Julian Fantino expressed his disappointment a few days ago at the lack of progress in Haiti and wants to find a better way to help its reconstruction.

Haitian Prime Minister Laurent Lamothe tells The Canadian Press he had also hoped to see more improvement.

He wants Canadian development money to stop bypassing his government for aid groups.

Lamothe is urging Canada to help strengthen Haitian institutions by allowing his government to assume a bigger role in the decision-making process.

Let's give Haiti guns!

Oh wait...wrong thread.

#54 dudeone

dudeone

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

White House denies petition to deport Piers Morgan

ByMike Krumboltz, Yahoo! News|The TicketWed, Jan 9, 2013

http://news.yahoo.co...-225310826.html

The White House has responded to the petition seeking the deportation of Piers Morgan with a statement from press secretary Jay Carney explaining the First Amendment.

The petition, which received well over 100,000 signatures (25,000 are required for a White House response) was led by conservative radio host Alex Jones. He wrote, "British Citizen and CNN television host Piers Morgan is engaged in a hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution by targeting the Second Amendment. We demand that Mr. Morgan be deported immediately for his effort to undermine the Bill of Rights and for exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens."

In Carney's statement explaining the White House's decision to allow Morgan to remain in the U.S., he acknowledges that the Second Amendment does guarantee citizens the right to bear arms, but reiterates the First Amendment guarantees the freedom of the press.

Carney wrote:

Americans may disagree on matters of public policy and express those disagreements vigorously, but no one should be punished by the government simply because he or she expressed a view on the Second Amendment—or any other matter of public concern.

We recognize that the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut, sparked an intense, and at times emotional, national conversation about the steps we can take as a country to reduce gun violence. In fact, your petition is one of many on the issue, and President Obama personally responded by sharing his views on this important issue.

Earlier this week, Jones appeared on Morgan's CNN program where he declared, "1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms! America was born on guns and whiskey. It's true we're a violent society. ... You're a foreigner. You're a redcoat. You're telling us what to do."

Edited by dudeone, 10 January 2013 - 07:23 PM.

#55 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

This jack asss Piers Morgan who thinks everyone who disagrees with him is an idiot, moron and stupid got his butt handed to him in gun debate with Ben Shapiro editor of Breitbart.

#56 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

Here is a recent interview Piers Morgan did with the BBC:
http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-20967687
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#57 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

This jack asss Piers Morgan who thinks everyone who disagrees with him is an idiot, moron and stupid got his butt handed to him in gun debate with Ben Shapiro editor of Breitbart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LJdhAm_oUUs

He's one of the more coherent gun lobbyists, but his argument stands on sand. He opens by insulting Piers, and implying that he stood on the graves of the dead children- and then goes on to use the holocaust as an example to prevent the 'left' agenda from banning guns. This is just as batsh*t as Jones, it's presented well, but it's just as batsh*t.

As a means of trying to protect the use of assault weapons (something I will NEVER understand), he makes the connection that hand gun deaths are more prevalent. Yes, of course they are, but they are not the kinds of weapons used for mass murders. Piers and the 'left agenda' are only trying to prevent the cases of mass murders (6 within the last 4 months), theoretically that is something both sides should agree on. Instead, the NRA sends these clowns on TV to convince the inbreeding side of the gene pool, that they need their weapons, as it is a right that should be protected. As a result their profits quadruple. A company which builds it's model on fear hardly needs your support.

Perhaps I will never understand why American's must 'protect' their firearms. Maybe it's their inherent insecurity. A weapon is the same as any inanimate object, you can part with it; the difference of course being that guns can kill people.

Now, making this association that 'good' people should have access to firearms to protect themselves from 'bad' people, is absurd. What defines a 'good' person? Someone who goes to church on Sundays to receive a gruesome speech on sin, then goes on to sing praises of their great deity who endorses such violence? So a 'good' is that in which is subject to brutality but at the same time glorifies it as god's way?

What I would like is for the lobbyists to make a real argument as to why semi-automatic rifles are actually needed. You can kill a rabbit/duck/fox with a revolver. You do not need something that can fire 100 rounds a minute for civilian use. THAT IS JUST COMMON SENSE.

I think it can all be boiled down to the fat, uneducated, blue collar American - having lost his job, received stigma for eating fast food, and is being told to stop smoking - has decided to take a stand by protecting his rifle. It's insecurity, probably because a black man is in office - at least this is how I view these batsh*ts everytime they're placed in front of a microphone.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#58 Mad Cow Disease

Mad Cow Disease

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

^ Elegantly put.

#59 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#60 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,995 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

It's a sign of victory when they move onto the ad hominem.

And that is certainly the case in the online community; majority of advocates are morons that cannot argue their point intelligently so they blatantly attack Piers and hurl insults at the man.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.