27 replies to this topic

#1 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

So I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't visited these boards since the 1st round of the playoffs, and I haven't payed any attention to hockey since the lockout was announced, so I'm very ignorant when it comes to news and whatnot right now.

Is Kesler starting the season? I've read only a few threads on here and I'm already seeing people post about Kesler being absent. I personally never heard of him not starting the season, but has it been confirmed that he's not or something?
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#2 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

nope he still injured
Posted Image

#3 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

nope he still injured

Still injured from what? I've been way into the NFL and other things since the playoffs that I basically forgot everything that happened last season. Wasn't it his Labrum or something?
Posted Image

#4 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Still injured from what? I've been way into the NFL and other things since the playoffs that I basically forgot everything that happened last season. Wasn't it his Labrum or something?

I think it was his shoulder , labrum was the injury he had when we had the cup run

Edited by ReaperCrew, 08 January 2013 - 12:01 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

So I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't visited these boards since the 1st round of the playoffs, and I haven't payed any attention to hockey since the lockout was announced, so I'm very ignorant when it comes to news and whatnot right now.

Is Kesler starting the season? I've read only a few threads on here and I'm already seeing people post about Kesler being absent. I personally never heard of him not starting the season, but has it been confirmed that he's not or something?

Check your history, it may surprise you? It looks like your evil twin has. ;)

#6 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

He underwent shoulder surgery back in May. Approximate 6 month recovery time, which would have put him back in the line-up by about November-December. People who say he won't be back until playoffs are off their rocker. He won't be starting the season, but he'll be back sometime in February.

Edited by MaximYapierre, 08 January 2013 - 12:08 AM.

/=S=/

#7 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Check your history, it may surprise you? It looks like your evil twin has. ;)

Have I? Hahaha, I don't personally remember. I just know it's been a while lol.

He underwent shoulder surgery back in May. Approximate 6 month recovery time, which would have put him back in the line-up by about November-December. People who say he won't be back until playoffs are off their rocker. He won't be starting the season, but he'll be back sometime in February.

I didn't even know about that. So, if it was a 6 month recovery time that would have him in the line-up by November-December, why isn't he starting the season in January?
Posted Image

#8 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

Have I? Hahaha, I don't personally remember. I just know it's been a while lol.

I didn't even know about that. So, if it was a 6 month recovery time that would have him in the line-up by November-December, why isn't he starting the season in January?

Setback. I think he had wrist surgery too, which meant rehab and all went/was going slower. Some think he's playing it up so that he would still get payed during the lockout (injured players didnt sacrifice pay) but I don't think that's the real story.

/=S=/

#9 Creed_17

Creed_17

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

I'd just like to see him play at some point this season.

#10 darkpoet

darkpoet

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

People who say he won't be back until playoffs are off their rocker.

Off their rocker?

Recovery from surgery to repair a badly ripped up labrum can and often does take up to a year. Just read any fitness/bodybuilding forum where athletes share their personal experience with this.

Add to that, his wrist surgery which no doubt further impacted (read: slowed) his rehabbing process, combined with the fact that hockey is an extremely physical contact sport.... and you arrive at a scenario which may in did have him miss the entire season.

A healthy (and motivated) Kesler is critical to the success of this team. It's just no guarantee he's going to be available this year.
And that's the cold hard truth.

#11 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

I would rather he prolonged his recovery if it ensures he's properly fit when he eventually does come back. I don't think we are so devoid of centres that we need to pressure him in the slightest.

If he is back just before the playoffs I'll be made up.
Kevin.jpg

#12 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,592 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

Normally I would like him to take his time and get ready for the playoffs, but with a 48 game schedule every team will be playing much harder and want it much more so we can't slack off one bit. We need our A game night-in-night-out or the Canucks won't make the playoffs. I'm expecting this season to be far more competitive than ever before.

That being said, injuries are likely to go up all around the league due to a compressed schedule and poor preparation by the players. This could mean that if more players get injured during the season and are out for the playoffs when we inject a perfectly healthy Kesler into the lineup, the Canucks have a huge advantage in the post-season.
Posted Image

#13 hank&dan

hank&dan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

Kess will likely come back too early just so he has an excuse to suck in the playoffs. Just like he does every year... (except that one preds series)
Posted Image

But as usual, Bieksa makes the routine defensive play a hair-raising adventure.

#14 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

Kess will likely come back too early just so he has an excuse to suck in the playoffs. Just like he does every year... (except that one preds series)

If Ryan isn't flying when we gets back I see him as being the next whipping boy by the looks of things.

#15 beer&meat

beer&meat

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

If Ryan isn't flying when we gets back I see him as being the next whipping boy by the looks of things.

This^
I don't ride with the band, I roll with the team.

I've been a Canuck fan since 2004-05 when the team was going through a huge transition phase, missed the playoffs

#16 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

This is a situation in which the Canucks really could use a top notch centre prospect who is ready for top 6 duty. It isn't ideal for any team when the lose one of the best 2nd line centres in the game like Ryan Kesler but at least some teams, like the Bruins, have a young, skilled centre who can fill in so they don't have to plug a bottom 6 player into a top 6 role.

I really hope the answer for the Canucks is Jordan Schroeder. Although I realize Lapierre could probably handle himself on the 2nd line, it just isn't ideal. If Schroeder can come in and be fairly productive centering the 2nd line, the bottom 6 can stay the same and Kesler can be allowed to heal on his time.

#17 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,451 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

One too many dives hurt his shoulder and wrist.

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#18 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

This is a situation in which the Canucks really could use a top notch centre prospect who is ready for top 6 duty. It isn't ideal for any team when the lose one of the best 2nd line centres in the game like Ryan Kesler but at least some teams, like the Bruins, have a young, skilled centre who can fill in so they don't have to plug a bottom 6 player into a top 6 role.

I really hope the answer for the Canucks is Jordan Schroeder. Although I realize Lapierre could probably handle himself on the 2nd line, it just isn't ideal. If Schroeder can come in and be fairly productive centering the 2nd line, the bottom 6 can stay the same and Kesler can be allowed to heal on his time.

I know...... There is this kid on the sabers think his name is Cody something? Anyway we should trade one of our prospects that may not work out... How about zack? That would fill your request. I can be such a **** sometimes.

#19 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

I know...... There is this kid on the sabers think his name is Cody something? Anyway we should trade one of our prospects that may not work out... How about zack? That would fill your request. I can be such a **** sometimes.

Don't even get me started...

I've chosen to embrace Zack Kassian but I still don't support the trade. If Hodgson had attitude issues, I'm sure they could have been worked out. The kid had scored, what?, 17 goals at the time he was traded. He was well on his way to a 20+ goal rookie season. He was the real deal.

#20 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,561 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Here's my prediction, Kesler will under achieve again and be prepared for the, we'll he was hurt excuse again. Guess what? Next year will be no different.

#21 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

I hope Kes will make the right choice and stay out until he is 100% because the guy is a solid two way forward, and a stud for a second line center. 2 seasons of 70+ points, and one of those campaigns being a 41 goal season. If Kes comes back 100% he'll be a solid center and in a full season he will be a 60 point player again.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#22 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,107 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself. Kesler is a bloody idiot when it comes to injuries and those managing him are even dumber. He will suck this year ... we are probably in tough to make the playoffs.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#23 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself. Kesler is a bloody idiot when it comes to injuries and those managing him are even dumber. He will suck this year ... we are probably in tough to make the playoffs.

Yup, if he and management pull the same crap, I hope he gets shipped off next season.

Edit: We should all tweet him and tell him not to return untill he's actually 100% lol, maybe it will make him think twice.

Edited by TheGame., 08 January 2013 - 06:33 PM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#24 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

I think a better question is whether people have concerns about Kes ever regaining his form. Serious injuries aside, he sure is looking injury prone. I hope he can come back fully recovered, as it would be tough for the Nucks to have to look for both 2nd line C and RW. Oh and 5M a year for a 3rd line C would be horrible.

#25 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

I hope Kesler will be back soon enough. The Canucks can't really afford to start slowly again in a shortened season, and without a qualified 2nd line center a slow start is almost assured.

That said, he needs to take his time and become 100% healthy, no matter how long he out.

Hopefully Schroeder is given a chance with top-six caliber players. None of Lapierre, Malhotra, Ebbet, Higgins, etc should be centering a scoring line. We have to give the kid a chance. We don't really have any other palatable options.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#26 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

We can win without Kesler being in top form as long as the twins do their thing. Heck, we still finished 1st with all 3 of em underperforming last year. Likely would have gotten past LA had Daniel not gone down, Kes has more time to heal and break in than people seem to suggest. Just gotta make sure all is well by playoff time.

Beast goalie, stacked defence, great role players and 2 Art Ross winners. We gonna run this conference yet again.

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 08 January 2013 - 08:00 PM.

#27 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Yup, if he and management pull the same crap, I hope he gets shipped off next season.

Edit: We should all tweet him and tell him not to return untill he's actually 100% lol, maybe it will make him think twice.

Agree! LOL - he should stay on the LTIR til the playoffs so we would have another 5M in cap space to get a shutdown D like Robyn Regehr, who is in the last year of his 4M/yr cap contract.
Posted Image

#28 Caper

Caper

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Agree! LOL - he should stay on the LTIR til the playoffs so we would have another 5M in cap space to get a shutdown D like Robyn Regehr, who is in the last year of his 4M/yr cap contract.

I'm going to tweet MG and tell him to hire you. Love that idea. A little greasy, but worth it if we get the Cup.
LongHanded - Somewhere between Don Cherry and someone coherent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.