The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Question about Ryan Kesler

NUCKS4CUP 28

So I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't visited these boards since the 1st round of the playoffs, and I haven't payed any attention to hockey since the lockout was announced, so I'm very ignorant when it comes to news and whatnot right now.

Is Kesler starting the season? I've read only a few threads on here and I'm already seeing people post about Kesler being absent. I personally never heard of him not starting the season, but has it been confirmed that he's not or something?

So I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't visited these boards since the 1st round of the playoffs, and I haven't payed any attention to hockey since the lockout was announced, so I'm very ignorant when it comes to news and whatnot right now.

Is Kesler starting the season? I've read only a few threads on here and I'm already seeing people post about Kesler being absent. I personally never heard of him not starting the season, but has it been confirmed that he's not or something?

I would rather he prolonged his recovery if it ensures he's properly fit when he eventually does come back. I don't think we are so devoid of centres that we need to pressure him in the slightest.

If he is back just before the playoffs I'll be made up.

Normally I would like him to take his time and get ready for the playoffs, but with a 48 game schedule every team will be playing much harder and want it much more so we can't slack off one bit. We need our A game night-in-night-out or the Canucks won't make the playoffs. I'm expecting this season to be far more competitive than ever before.

That being said, injuries are likely to go up all around the league due to a compressed schedule and poor preparation by the players. This could mean that if more players get injured during the season and are out for the playoffs when we inject a perfectly healthy Kesler into the lineup, the Canucks have a huge advantage in the post-season.

This is a situation in which the Canucks really could use a top notch centre prospect who is ready for top 6 duty. It isn't ideal for any team when the lose one of the best 2nd line centres in the game like Ryan Kesler but at least some teams, like the Bruins, have a young, skilled centre who can fill in so they don't have to plug a bottom 6 player into a top 6 role.

I really hope the answer for the Canucks is Jordan Schroeder. Although I realize Lapierre could probably handle himself on the 2nd line, it just isn't ideal. If Schroeder can come in and be fairly productive centering the 2nd line, the bottom 6 can stay the same and Kesler can be allowed to heal on his time.

This is a situation in which the Canucks really could use a top notch centre prospect who is ready for top 6 duty. It isn't ideal for any team when the lose one of the best 2nd line centres in the game like Ryan Kesler but at least some teams, like the Bruins, have a young, skilled centre who can fill in so they don't have to plug a bottom 6 player into a top 6 role.

I really hope the answer for the Canucks is Jordan Schroeder. Although I realize Lapierre could probably handle himself on the 2nd line, it just isn't ideal. If Schroeder can come in and be fairly productive centering the 2nd line, the bottom 6 can stay the same and Kesler can be allowed to heal on his time.

Archived