The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Possible Opening Night Lines?

BentleytheGreat

Hey all, it's been a while since I've done this, and I know it's probably pretty early but I'm stoked on the season opener. How do you think our lineup will look with Kesler more than likely out to start the season? I think it'll look a little something like this:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Schroeder - Higgins (Still the American Express line, and this is definitely Schroeder's time to shine)

Raymond - Lapierre - Kassian

Hansen - Malhotra - Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Ballard - Tanev

Alberts

Schneider

Now, it's entirely possible I forgot someone, and I don't think Kass would get the nod on the third line over Hansen, but I think Kassian has a lot of potential and shouldn't be on a fourth line. Certainly we have a decent amount of depth that Kassian, who is arguably one of our top prospects right now, can barely fit into the roster. Of course, we're a ways away from seeing the actual opening night rosters but this is CDC (long-time reader, first-time poster), and we love to speculate! How do you guys think/want the opening night roster to look like?

Hey all, it's been a while since I've done this, and I know it's probably pretty early but I'm stoked on the season opener. How do you think our lineup will look with Kesler more than likely out to start the season? I think it'll look a little something like this:

Booth - Schroeder - Booth (Still the American Express line, and this is definitely Schroeder's time to shine)

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Ballard - Tanev

Alberts

Schneider

Now, it's entirely possible I forgot someone, and I don't think Kass would get the nod on the third line over Hansen, but I think Kassian has a lot of potential and shouldn't be on a fourth line. Certainly we have a decent amount of depth that Kassian, who is arguably one of our top prospects right now, can barely fit into the roster. Of course, we're a ways away from seeing the actual opening night rosters but this is CDC (long-time reader, first-time poster), and we love to speculate! How do you guys think/want the opening night roster to look like?

OP I agree, but I'd think the bottom 6 will change

I like

Raymond - Schroeder - Booth for 2nd (reason for this is see the 3rd line)

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen line for 3rd - these guys together tore it up in the playoffs. I like this group. Feisty forcheck and nasty to play against.

Weise - Manny - Kassian 4th

I think Raymond, Higgins and Kassian and Booth will all change. Maybe even Kassian with the Sedins have Burr on the 2nd

Manny and Lappy will interchange too. Schroeder will be bounced around with Lappy too I think.

Juice /Hammer, Edler/Garr, Tanev/Ballard + Alberts + (Cam Barker or Connauton or guy via trade)

OP I agree, but I'd think the bottom 6 will change

I like

Raymond - Schroeder - Booth for 2nd (reason for this is see the 3rd line)

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen line for 3rd - these guys together tore it up in the playoffs. I like this group. Feisty forcheck and nasty to play against.

Weise - Manny - Kassian 4th

I think Raymond, Higgins and Kassian and Booth will all change. Maybe even Kassian with the Sedins have Burr on the 2nd

Manny and Lappy will interchange too. Schroeder will be bounced around with Lappy too I think.

Juice /Hammer, Edler/Garr, Tanev/Ballard + Alberts + (Cam Barker or Connauton or guy via trade)

First is obvious, but I would put Lappy second line center after what he did with sedins last year. Gritty player who works for his goals with skill... booth and higgins with him.

Schroeder and kass should play together as they have been on and off for a few months now, why not put em together!? raymond with them that's a good skating line and Raymond is a solid back checker and Kass can be to if he wants to be. Ideally I would like to see Hansen move up the lineup and play third line, but he's just as impactful 3rd as fourth and our minuets could be more balanced with our bottom 6 being 2 solid lines instead of one solid and one meh line. Bottom six will move around a bit of course, but i'm going for balanced checking and scoring lines Weise might get dropped for Volpatti depending on the team were playing as he's not really a big hitier and Volpatti can grind a bit harder. Short season so every game counts and we need production from every line if we want to win

sedin sedin burr

booth lapierre higgins

raymond schroeder kassian

weise malhotra hansen

D is pretty obvious

I can see Schroeder not making the team though and if he doesn't play well even if he's in the lineup expect him to drop and the Lu trade will fill his role, he will most likely be traded as well at that point.

Exciting stuff ahead. I feel a new look Canucks will be playing in 2013-2014 as contracts expire and trades are acquired :)

Booth - Schroeder - Higgins (Still the American Express line, and this is definitely Schroeder's time to shine)

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Ballard - Tanev

Alberts

Schneider

Kassian, who is arguably one of our top prospects right now, can barely fit into the roster.

Gillis has cautioned the players and the fans not to get their hopes up with Shroe and Kas.

I think the first part of Gillis' quote is the most important:

"Obviously, with a 48-game schedule you don't have any room for experimentation or introduction...." Mike Gillis

Wait you all wanted Kassian to dominate in the AHL for points yet you all throw him on the 4th line when he makes the big club? Well that makes a lot of sense.

Then when he doesn't produce you're all going to say why isn't he scoring?! He's so a bum I miss CoHo..Cry me a ???? river.

Archived