Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Possible Opening Night Lines?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#61 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

Re: Combinations
We all know who has not played at all,though.

Yeah Ebbett and Schroeder, niether have played top 6 roles for our team so I guess it will come down to skill and who plays better.

zackass.png

#62 Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Schroeder - Burrows
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen
Raymond - Malhotra - Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
Ballard - Tanev

Schneider
Ellis (Assuming Luongo is traded by then sign Ellis until Lack is good to go)

When Kesler gets back:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Schroeder - Kesler (play Kes on the wing just to ease him back into the game)
Higgins - Lapierre - Kassian
Raymond - Malhotra - Hansen

I know you want to play Kes on the wing just to initially ease him in, but I think entering next season, playing RW would be the best fit for Kesler, assuming Schroeder can win at least 50% of the draws by then.

Kesler Would still be the guy on the PK, and would be able to be the defensive prescence on the second line. This way he wouldn't be responsible to dish as much as he needs to as the centre, and this benefits both Schroeder and Kesler in the longrun.

I don't know why the canucks window is supposed to close in 2 - 3 years, looking at this potential lineup.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Schroeder - Kesler
Burrows - Gaunce - Jensen
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

That's an even better Forward group than we have right now. Obviously the main concern is the defence and Salary cap, but with some smart trades and buyouts, we should be cup favourites 3 years down the road

Edited by SodaPop, 11 January 2013 - 09:05 PM.

Posted Image
Thanks Vintage Canuck!

#63 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

When 1,000 posts go up defending Schroeder by dissing long - gone Hodgson ,while also stating unequivocally that Shroeder will play 2nd or 3rd line center ,I would agree ,it seems senseless.Not many challenging the non-stop irrationality.

Hockey would be good.Then we will have 1,000 posts of why AV should be fired and is inferior for not playing the Schroe,sending the Shroe back to Chicago,not calling him up when he is our best prospect,dissing the Schroe by not giving him a chance,etc..

It has been a long,shortened season,already.

#64 16*17*1*14

16*17*1*14

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

while jordan will hopefully prove to be a good player, i think starting him on the second is probably not a good idea. Raymond on the 2nd line at least until shroeder gets comfortable. its a short season dont have time to experiment, need to stick to what we know works

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.