37 replies to this topic

#1 One one two

One one two

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,704 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Let all those tears out, guys. Post sad images, stories, and anything else that seems to fit the thread.

They don't necessarily have to be true, just sad.

Posted Image

:(

#2 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Let all those tears out, guys. Post sad images, stories, and anything else that seems to fit the thread.

Posted Image

Was this you, 112? Because if so I'll feel really bad for saying SOB STORY.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#3 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

He's gonna get mugged one of these days if that's true. Empty parking lot, industrial area, all night, alone.
Posted Image
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
My old sig: http://tinypic.com/v...=5#.UlSrrlAWJ7U

#4 One one two

One one two

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,704 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Was this you, 112? Because if so I'll feel really bad for saying SOB STORY.

Nope, not me.

#5 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

The single saddest story, ever. Will especially pull the hearstrings of Canuck fans:

Vancouver Canucks sacrifice Cody Hodgson for more grit

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — For Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis, it came down to skill versus sandpaper.
Gillis, who pulled off the biggest trade of NHL deadline day, determined that his team had more than enough of the former and needed an injection of the latter.
So Gillis pulled the trigger Monday and traded away to the Buffalo Sabres a promising player in Cody Hodgson, who has lots of skill, in exchange for a young up-and-coming power forward in Zack Kassian, who has plenty of grit.
Gillis suggested that if he learned anything in last year’s playoff run it was that the Canucks needed to become a more balanced team, one that relied less on its skill.
“It showed me that to get to the Western Conference final you are going to have to grind it out and to do that you need more balance,” he said. “You can’t just have skill and have other teams use less skilled players to try to grind them into the ice every night.
“We wanted to get as fast and as big as we could going into these playoffs and we’ll see how we did.”
Kassian and veteran centre Sami Pahlsson, whom the Canucks acquired from Columbus earlier Monday, are expected to make their debuts when Vancouver closes out a six-game road trip against the Phoenix Coyotes on Tuesday night.
Judged purely on numbers, the Hodgson-for-Kassian deal looks to be a lopsided one in favour of the Sabres.
Kassian, Buffalo’s first-round pick (13th overall) in the 2009 draft, has played more games in the AHL than he has in the NHL this season. In 27 games with the Sabres this season, he has three goals and seven points.
But the Canucks fell in love with his size, speed and upside.
“Well, there’s not much not to like,” Gillis said. “He’s 6-4 and 225 (pounds) and just turned 21 a month ago and he put up almost point-a-game numbers in the American League. For a player who is that physical, who can do that, it’s a rare opportunity you get a chance to get players like that.
“There aren’t many of them around in the league. He still has a ways to go to develop I think into his full potential, but he is an NHL player now who is going to help us in a lot of different ways.”
Gillis intimated that the Canucks were a team that had to lean too much on its skill and its high-powered offence. He decided he was willing to surrender some of that offence — Hodgson had 16 goals and 33 points in 63 games this season — in order to find that better balance.
“The only real power forward we have on our team would be David Booth and with that kind of size and speed (in Kassian) we now have a younger player who’s 21 who has that.”
Kassian said he was initially shocked and then excited by the trade.
“I was not expecting this at all,” he said. “I just want to thank Buffalo. They did a lot for me and I’m very excited to go contend for a (Stanley) Cup now. It’s going to be very exciting. They’re a Canadian team; it’s going to be a lot of fun.”
Kassian suggested playing against him won’t be any fun, which is exactly what the Canucks are hoping for.
“I like to be physical, but at the same time I like to make plays and chip in offensively,” he said. “I like sticking up for teammates and playing the physical game – just try to be an all-around player.”
Hodgson also expressed surprise at the trade and found out about it when was out for a walk early Monday afternoon with Canucks defenceman Chris Tanev.
“I’m still in shock right now actually,” he said. “My phone is blowing up right now; I don’t know what to think. I talked to my family and it’s going to be closer to them, so they’re happy about it. Vancouver’s a great city and really passionate about hockey and has great fans. I really don’t know what to think right now. I’m excited.
“I know it’s a business and I’m thankful they gave me my start here. They drafted me.”
If you're still reading this, please note that it was only an example. I cut out most of the rest of the article, just to fool you into thinking it was a wall of text about the Hodgson trade. It is not, and you are in fact an idiot. Keep reading until you see the word stop. If you're still reading, you've been duped again because you've already seen the word stop. You think you're smart because it says stop again, and a third time? Well you didn't stop, you're still reading. You're so dumb. All hail Yappy.”

Edited by MaximYapierre, 08 January 2013 - 12:16 AM.

CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#6 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

Posted Image

#7 Gally

Gally

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,378 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

The single saddest story, ever. Will especially pull the hearstrings of Canuck fans:

Vancouver Canucks sacrifice Cody Hodgson for more grit

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — For Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis, it came down to skill versus sandpaper.
Gillis, who pulled off the biggest trade of NHL deadline day, determined that his team had more than enough of the former and needed an injection of the latter.

So Gillis pulled the trigger Monday and traded away to the Buffalo Sabres a promising player in Cody Hodgson, who has lots of skill, in exchange for a young up-and-coming power forward in Zack Kassian, who has plenty of grit.

Gillis suggested that if he learned anything in last year’s playoff run it was that the Canucks needed to become a more balanced team, one that relied less on its skill.

“It showed me that to get to the Western Conference final you are going to have to grind it out and to do that you need more balance,” he said. “You can’t just have skill and have other teams use less skilled players to try to grind them into the ice every night.

“We wanted to get as fast and as big as we could going into these playoffs and we’ll see how we did.”

Kassian and veteran centre Sami Pahlsson, whom the Canucks acquired from Columbus earlier Monday, are expected to make their debuts when Vancouver closes out a six-game road trip against the Phoenix Coyotes on Tuesday night.

Judged purely on numbers, the Hodgson-for-Kassian deal looks to be a lopsided one in favour of the Sabres.

Kassian, Buffalo’s first-round pick (13th overall) in the 2009 draft, has played more games in the AHL than he has in the NHL this season. In 27 games with the Sabres this season, he has three goals and seven points.

But the Canucks fell in love with his size, speed and upside.

“Well, there’s not much not to like,” Gillis said. “He’s 6-4 and 225 (pounds) and just turned 21 a month ago and he put up almost point-a-game numbers in the American League. For a player who is that physical, who can do that, it’s a rare opportunity you get a chance to get players like that.

“There aren’t many of them around in the league. He still has a ways to go to develop I think into his full potential, but he is an NHL player now who is going to help us in a lot of different ways.”

Gillis intimated that the Canucks were a team that had to lean too much on its skill and its high-powered offence. He decided he was willing to surrender some of that offence — Hodgson had 16 goals and 33 points in 63 games this season — in order to find that better balance.

“The only real power forward we have on our team would be David Booth and with that kind of size and speed (in Kassian) we now have a younger player who’s 21 who has that.”

Kassian said he was initially shocked and then excited by the trade.

“I was not expecting this at all,” he said. “I just want to thank Buffalo. They did a lot for me and I’m very excited to go contend for a (Stanley) Cup now. It’s going to be very exciting. They’re a Canadian team; it’s going to be a lot of fun.”

Kassian suggested playing against him won’t be any fun, which is exactly what the Canucks are hoping for.

“I like to be physical, but at the same time I like to make plays and chip in offensively,” he said. “I like sticking up for teammates and playing the physical game – just try to be an all-around player.”

Hodgson also expressed surprise at the trade and found out about it when was out for a walk early Monday afternoon with Canucks defenceman Chris Tanev.

“I’m still in shock right now actually,” he said. “My phone is blowing up right now; I don’t know what to think. I talked to my family and it’s going to be closer to them, so they’re happy about it. Vancouver’s a great city and really passionate about hockey and has great fans. I really don’t know what to think right now. I’m excited.

“I know it’s a business and I’m thankful they gave me my start here. They drafted me.”

The Canucks also shipped spare defenceman Alexander Sulzer to the Sabres and received offensive defenceman Marc-Andre Gragnani.

In an earlier deal, the Canucks sent two fourth-round picks and minor-league defenceman Taylor Ellington to the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for Pahlsson, a proven playoff performer who Gillis said gives the Canucks a shutdown centre.

Pahlsson, who hails from the same Swedish hometown as the Sedin twins, was a key contributor when the Anaheim Ducks won the 2007 Stanley Cup.

“I like the fact he has won, he’s a bigger body who is a defensive player,” Gillis said of the 34-year-old Pahlsson. “That is what you are going to get. There are times, particularly in the playoffs, when you are playing against good teams you need a shutdown player who can play against those big (centres) on other teams.”

I shed many tears

1zcq151.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

my mom wouldn't let me touch the laptop because I have to stand after I eat....kinda stupid

#8 One one two

One one two

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,704 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

On that note...

Won't embed... What am I doing wrong? :x

Edited by One one two, 08 January 2013 - 12:21 AM.

#9 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRxfTyNa24A

Don't wanna open Pandora's box, nor sound like a heartless freak, but this video never really made me sad. Just a girl crying for attention. Crying for help with no one else to turn to, I understand. Very tragic, absoloutely. But it just never made me sad.

Nonetheless, RIP all the same.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#10 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

i was hungry once, i went downstairs my fridge was empty. I cried that night .. hungry and alone
Posted Image

#11 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

On that note...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERKu78mjYJE

Won't embed... What am I doing wrong? :x

Delete the 's' at the end of https......had the same issue and Stealth he'd look into it but I can embed by dropping that 's' now.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#12 One one two

One one two

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,704 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

Delete the 's' at the end of https......had the same issue and Stealth he'd look into it but I can embed by dropping that 's' now.

Ah, thank you very much.

#13 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

Ah, thank you very much.

Don't embed it. It's too painful. I can't stand to hear the words.
Posted Image

#14 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

i was hungry once, i went downstairs my fridge was empty. I cried that night .. hungry and alone

:sadno: You poor thing
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#15 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Always vigilant, always on the lookout for a CDC'er in need...it's BB...superhero....person.....can't think of a superhero name.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#16 Honeydews

Honeydews

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to pwnstar for this amazing kesler sig :)

#17 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,701 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

Another grey name on my list of CDC friends.

Empty chairs at empty tables...

#18 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

Posted Image

I laughed.
I feel bad about it, but it happened.

Edited by Jägermeister, 08 January 2013 - 01:42 AM.

Posted Image

#19 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

Posted Image

So many of these are so depressing...
This one takes the cake for me:
Posted Image

Edited by Jägermeister, 08 January 2013 - 01:45 AM.

Posted Image

#20 One one two

One one two

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,704 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

I laughed.
I feel bad about it, but it happened.

Pssh, don't; I usually laugh at these things, too.

Also:
Spoiler

Edited by One one two, 08 January 2013 - 01:50 AM.

#21 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

To be honest, I was lying. I didn't feel bad at all.
I actually felt a lot of pleasure, and sought out more sad things to laugh at.
Those Cyanide and Happiness Depressing Comic Weeks make be tear up... with laughter.

This actually made me sad :(

Spoiler

Edited by Jägermeister, 08 January 2013 - 01:58 AM.

Posted Image

#22 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

Also:

Spoiler

What's sad about what's in the spoiler?
Posted Image

#23 One one two

One one two

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,704 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

What's sad about what's in the spoiler?

Last Calvin and Hobbes comic strip.

#24 mau5trap

mau5trap

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

Also:

Spoiler

Still a fantastic way to end a fantastic comic series. It is a little bittersweet though.

:')

Posted Image

#25 Tig'ol Bitties

Tig'ol Bitties

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Calvin and Hobbes - one of the best ever.

3Goktj2.jpg

#26 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,701 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Ah, C&H... Gets me right in the feels!

#27 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

heh. don't need other people's life stories to make me sad. got my own to do the job. <_<
“Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think you've lost time. There is no short-cutting to life. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time.” ― Asha Tyson

#28 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Posted Image

Not to be a dick but that's not cry sad it's more pathetic sad.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#29 EX_Bert_Worshipper

EX_Bert_Worshipper

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Posted Image

Well, being a girl, I have to admit I "awww"ed. :(

But, then I shed big tears over sappy diaper commercials. :sadno:
Posted Image

#30 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,065 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.