• Announcements

• Templeton Peck

BOARD SPECIFIC RULES   02/05/2016

These are board specific rules, meant to try to make the Trades and Free Agent Signings forum better for everyone. YOU MUST READ AND ABIDE BY THESE FORUM RULES.

1. If an event happens, wait a few minutes before posting, in all likelihood, someone has already posted it. We don't want numerous threads on the same event, so please search before posting.

2. Please provide a clearly identifiable topic title for your thread so that user's can search for and find the appropriate thread easily. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate. This is to help avoid duplicate threads and to make searching easier. For any and all comments, please use the Topic Description box instead of the title.

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriately label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].

3. All trades, signings, rumours and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread.

The following are NOT considered valid sources: Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Hockeybuzz, Spector's Hockey and The Fourth Period are currently acceptable sources.

The NHL Line, Brochu is Hockey and NHL Hockey News by saint Pako are currently invalid sources.

4. Clearly misrepresenting the contents of your thread or posting false Trades/Signings/Acquisitions to send the forum into a frenzy will be taken very seriously and will result in an automatic suspension.

5. Please put all proposals into the proposals forum and NOT this forum. Proposals found in this forum will be moved or deleted without warning.

6. Please report any threads or messages that violate these or other board rules to the administrators or moderators() Do not respond by posting spammy messages such as 'IBTL', and 'LOCK AND BAN', or by attacking other users. The report button is located to the bottom left of every post.

Thank you for your co-operation and please PM one of the Moderators or Administrators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elvis15

[Rumour] Canucks showed interest in Tom Kostopoulos, Arnott to sign by end of week

129 posts in this topic

this news is not gonna impress django ^_^

I like it, Kostopolous is kinda confusing because we already have Pinozotto,Wiese and Volpatti all competing for 1 spot.

Once Kesler gets healthy the lineup looks preety solid.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - Arnott - Hansen

Weise - Lappiere - Kassian

If we trade Luongo for Weiss and sign Arnott, Kostopolous, and Ellis, assuming our line up is healthy

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Weiss

Higgins - Lapierre - Kassian

Arnott - Malhotra - Hansen

Kostopolous, Raymond, Schroeder

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Ballard - Tanev

Schneider

Ellis

Looks very good to me.

what will happen to manny? assistant door opener?

Not expecting too much out of Arnott if Canucks sign him. I would expect him to play 4th line C. Lappy at 3 C.

Kostopolous played with igi and jokinen? Or was that just a rare time he was on the ice with them 2 (middle of line change) I don't watch much flame hockey, as little as I can

My best case scenerio for Manny is the Canucks buy him out and he gets a job in the coaching or training staff. something like that. Its not disrespectful and he still gets to contribute to the team.

Would be happy with both. Arbiter can fill in for Kesler while he's out and would make a decent 3rd liner when Kesler comes back. Kostopulos is a solid grinder, apparently he's tough and very hardworking.

Arnott as a third or fourth line center would be good playing less games, and less minutes than he did in St. Louis. If this guy is fresh and healthy come playoff time, he would be a great asset.

Everyone's concern seems to be that he's old and slow. Sure he's slowed down at 38, but he can still play. Scoring 17 goals at 38 years old is pretty impressive. And he did that on a low scoring Blues team.

He also had one of the lowest amount of giveaways on the Blues. So that shows you he's not a turnover machine. The guy is so big, he doesn't need speed. His game is about puck protection. Once he gets it, he rarely gives it up.

Put him with a couple fast players and he'll be fine. Our team has quite a bit of speed on it anyways, you can have a couple bigger slower players mixed in.

Ya man, brutal hit. Kinda iffy on him though. We're a team that (generally) keeps our hits squeaky clean. Wonder how he'd fit....?

He would definitely give us an extra option on the powerplay.

Kostopolous-Higgins-Lapierre connection in Montreal.

As for Arnott, there's a reason why his next team, if he gets signed, will be his 5th in three years.

Maybe an extended rest did him some good.

Arnott as a third or fourth line center would be good playing less games, and less minutes than he did in St. Louis. If this guy is fresh and healthy come playoff time, he would be a great asset.

Everyone's concern seems to be that he's old and slow. Sure he's slowed down at 38, but he can still play. Scoring 17 goals at 38 years old is pretty impressive. And he did that on a low scoring Blues team.

He also had one of the lowest amount of giveaways on the Blues. So that shows you he's not a turnover machine. The guy is so big, he doesn't need speed. His game is about puck protection. Once he gets it, he rarely gives it up.

Put him with a couple fast players and he'll be fine. Our team has quite a bit of speed on it anyways, you can have a couple bigger slower players mixed in.

He would definitely give us an extra option on the powerplay.

Kesler's out.

The theory would be that if Kyle freakin' Wellwood could score those Sedin-fed tap-ins, then Arnott should be able to score a bucketload.

However, the same was said of Owen Nolan, but whatever.

Put him with a couple fast players and he'll be fine? Then his speed will be even more noticeable and be even more of a problem. Now youre asking Higgins/Hansen to take up two positions while Arnott is slugging back.

Oh and if you watched any Blues games, which im assuming you haven't, most of Arnott's goals aren't exactly the prettiest. Most of them were easy tap ins or wrist shots without a goalie there.. maybe 10 of them were actual goals. 7 of them were goals i could have scored with my eyes closed lol. Playing with Berglund definitely helped too.

Kesler's out.

The theory would be that if Kyle freakin' Wellwood could score those Sedin-fed tap-ins, then Arnott should be able to score a bucketload.

However, the same was said of Owen Nolan, but whatever.

Actual goals? Never of heard of actual goals...

Goals are goals. Different players score them in different ways. It doesn't mean they have any less value.

Arnott played on a pretty speedy Blues team, and managed to score 17 goals. Clearly playing with faster players didn't hurt him. The Canucks have just as talented players as the Blues, so his ability to score would be no different.

I've seen all of his goals from last season. Most of them involved him being strong along the boards and protecting the puck, and being in the right place at the right time.

The fact that Gillis is interested in him, means he thinks he could be a fit here. I'll trust his judgement over yours anyday.

Hmmm Arnott to the Stars? Is that confirmed? I wouldn't mind him on a PTO but don't sign him right away.

I kinda would like to see Schroeder get that chance, and there are other players I would consider over Arnott, most notably Langkow. And I would also take Bozak over Arnott myself.

I don't think there is any need for Kostopolous honestly. Weise had his moments last year, is faster, with more skill IMO, and he has a one way deal so he will stick with the team. Pinnizzotto played great in training camp last year and earned his spot on the team, only to get hurt and miss the year, I think we should give him a fair chance, and Volpatti was looking good too before his injury.

I don't see much of a need for him myself.