40 replies to this topic

#31 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,194 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

Those pictures are actually pretty sweet. Too bad it'll never happen.

new wii u pokemon game teased at a nintendo event. they showed a video of the history of the franchise (including the trading cards), and then at the end, they briefly had a distorted video feed of 2 pokemon in a face off that faded in and out on screen. looks like a wii u game for sure, but whether its a new pokemon RPG, or a new pokemon Stadium game, or just a clip from the upcoming smash brothers, no one knows. Lucario was already in a SSB game before, and I don't play pokemon, so i don't know who the flaming bird dude is, but he looks well suited to be in SSB too.
Edit: a quick google search shows it's Blaziken
Posted Image

If this is a full blown pokemon RPG, or, even better, a Pokemon MMORPG, the system is going to FLY off the shelves.

#32 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

I'm a fan of the rpg games. Haven't played any others. Oh played snap and puzzle league. Good games. If this ends up anywhere near rpg or mmo all I can say is finally.
Posted Image

#33 Spyrocks

Spyrocks

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

Sigh whey can't they make these on iOS/Android. I really want to play them but I'm not gonna buy and carry around a 3DS to play it.

You can play most of them on Android. Just download an emulator\rom Gameboy advanced, orginal gameboy or even a DS emulator. They all work really well.

#34 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,194 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

I'm a fan of the rpg games. Haven't played any others. Oh played snap and puzzle league. Good games. If this ends up anywhere near rpg or mmo all I can say is finally.

puzzle league was awesome. countless hours of fun were had playing that in university by my friends and I.

#35 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

puzzle league was awesome. countless hours of fun were had playing that in university by my friends and I.

I will never be able to get " when you're hot you're hot " out of my head
Posted Image

#36 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

Im not going to lie the money for a wii u and a pokemon rpg would be out of my account in a second and I'd be off to the store to pre order and look for the cheapest wii u system hahahah

That would be a dream come true

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#37 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,958 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

I will capture all of the Pokemans once that game is out.

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL

#38 CanuckofSteel

CanuckofSteel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

new wii u pokemon game teased at a nintendo event. they showed a video of the history of the franchise (including the trading cards), and then at the end, they briefly had a distorted video feed of 2 pokemon in a face off that faded in and out on screen. looks like a wii u game for sure, but whether its a new pokemon RPG, or a new pokemon Stadium game, or just a clip from the upcoming smash brothers, no one knows. Lucario was already in a SSB game before, and I don't play pokemon, so i don't know who the flaming bird dude is, but he looks well suited to be in SSB too.
Edit: a quick google search shows it's Blaziken
Posted Image

If this is a full blown pokemon RPG, or, even better, a Pokemon MMORPG, the system is going to FLY off the shelves.

Good god man, please let it be a new Pokemon Stadium!!

I have been waiting so long for another Pokemon Stadium, I haven't played any of the newer games that come out for Pokemon, but a new Pokemon Stadium would be fantastic!

Already have the Wii U, just waiting on some of the classics to come out.

Edited by Sydney Fife, 22 August 2013 - 01:46 PM.

slo802.jpg

Thanks for the sweet sig Justdean10

#39 GrainWetzky

GrainWetzky

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:38 AM

I still don't get it why they didn't make a MMORPG or a good singleplayer RPG for PC, there are countless possibilities for both technical and conceptual broadening of the whole series, but no, they keep on recycling the same things with minimal changes, killing the potential. I've stopped playing Pokémon after Emerald.

#40 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,194 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

I still don't get it why they didn't make a MMORPG or a good singleplayer RPG for PC, there are countless possibilities for both technical and conceptual broadening of the whole series, but no, they keep on recycling the same things with minimal changes, killing the potential. I've stopped playing Pokémon after Emerald.

because nintendo will never sell a game for a platform they do not own. why would they?

Edited by avelanch, 27 August 2013 - 06:56 AM.

#41 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

I've been playing the originals on my iPhone lately

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.