The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kovalchuk might stay in Russia?

Jaku

LOL!

Not a chance. His contract jumps up to 11 million this year, and stays that high until 2017-18.

Over the next 5 seasons, only Shea Weber, Zach Parise, and Ryan Suter will make more money than Kovalchuk (Crosby will come close). He's not turning his back on that.

I hate this guy, ever since the Kovalcash saga, no respect at all for this guy from me, and many more fans across the NHL. I wouldnt care if he stayed in the KHL, but since he has a contract and has made an agreement with the Devils for the remainder of his career, he better live up to that, the Devils squeezed every single penny out of what they had to sign Kovalchuk, money they could of saved for someone else, or just not spend and have some relief because well they arent one of those rich teams.

Gotta feel for Devils organization and fans for what they have to put up when a guy decides to be a douchebag like this.

Ofcourse nothings forsure right now, but the story right now is hes wanting to stay, but yeah things could change, we'll see, regardless of that, I'll still hate Kovalcash.

I hate this guy, ever since the Kovalcash saga, no respect at all for this guy from me, and many more fans across the NHL. I wouldnt care if he stayed in the KHL, but since he has a contract and has made an agreement with the Devils for the remainder of his career, he better live up to that, the Devils squeezed every single penny out of what they had to sign Kovalchuk, money they could of saved for someone else, or just not spend and have some relief because well they arent one of those rich teams.

Gotta feel for Devils organization and fans for what they have to put up when a guy decides to be a douchebag like this.

Ofcourse nothings forsure right now, but the story right now is hes wanting to stay, but yeah things could change, we'll see, regardless of that, I'll still hate Kovalcash.

I think Kovalchuk has made an agreement with the Devils and he will honor it. He is no Radulov.

But for future players it may be more complicated. Its very difficult to figure the Russians out because I was raised in Canada so that is where my loyalty is. If I was raised in Russia maybe my loyalty is to my home and my family. I know the NHL has the best players but the Russians are no slouches either. I think if the KHL gets bigger we will start to see a real rivalry with the NHL and it will be even more difficult to spend a 1st or 2nd rounder on a Russian.

Archived