The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dominic Moore loses wife to cancer

vancanfan

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-news-sports/2013/jan/08/ex-tampa-bay-lightning-f-dominic-moore-loses-wife-ar-601330/

Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning F Dominic Moore loses wife to cancer

Former Tampa Bay Lightning center Dominic Moore lost his wife, Katie, to liver cancer on Monday, according to a team spokesman.

Katie Moore died at a hospital in Boston. She was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer in April, two months after Moore was traded from Tampa Bay to San Jose.

No other information is available at this time.

Moore missed the Sharks' final two playoff games against St. Louis and released a statement in June:

"While it was disappointing to not be able to compete with my Sharks teammates in the playoffs, my wife's condition and care come first and I want to thank the Sharks organization, my teammates and their families for the love and support that has been shown to Katie and I during this difficult time."

Moore, who appeared 133 games with Tampa Bay, is currently an unrestricted free agent. The 32-year-old has played for New York Rangers, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Toronto, Minnesota, Florida, Montreal, Tampa Bay and San Jose.

Wow, that is so sad. I lost one of my grandpas to cancer years ago. Losing a grandpa is tough, but I'm sure it's nothing compared to losing your spouse. Must be so tough for him. All the best to Dominic, his family, and Katie's family.

via a release from the NHLPA,

“On behalf of my family, I'd like to express our deep appreciation for the overwhelming care and sympathy we have received since my wife's passing on Monday. The example Katie displayed throughout her life and in particular during her illness is a source of continued strength and inspiration for us all, as is the love and support of those around us. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the future Katie Moore foundation at katiemoore.org.”

Archived