61 replies to this topic

#1 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

That's one of the things I like about Gillis, he hated Russians. He doesn't draft them, doesn't sign them.

Why? Do I need to tell you? Now that the lock-out is over, how many want to violate their contract? Do I need to say the story of Radulov and the countless Russians who bolted for Mother Russia?

We should get Canadians, first and foremost, Americans and Swedish to be successful. Probably a few Danes,

Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#2 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

POPULAR

Don Cherry, is that you?

/=S=/

#3 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,952 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

POPULAR

Yay, you made another thread without putting any effort into it.

Awesome work.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#4 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,103 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

POPULAR

That's one of the things I like about Gillis, he hated Russians. He doesn't draft them, doesn't sign them.

Why? Do I need to tell you? Now that the lock-out is over, how many want to violate their contract? Do I need to say the story of Radulov and the countless Russians who bolted for Mother Russia?

We should get Canadians, first and foremost, Americans and Swedish to be successful. Probably a few Danes,

Posted Image

dontforgettolentil.png

#5 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Pavel Datsyuk
Igor Larionov
Sergei Federov
Pavel Bure
Alexander Mogilny
Evgeni Malkin

Just a handful of talentless Russian bums.

By the way, other than Radulov, please name me one other NHL 'star' who has 'bolted' for the KHL. You don't even know that Kovalchuk is staying. The NHL hasn't started yet, stop assuming. Although, to stop making wild assumptions would mean you'd stop making any threads, which we all know would be impossible for you.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#6 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

Ever since Bure's rude departure the Canucks have stayed away from the Russians and I like the philosophy
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#7 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Pavel Datsyuk
Igor Larionov
Sergei Federov
Pavel Bure
Alexander Mogilny
Evgeni Malkin

By the way, other than Radulov, please name me one other NHL 'star' who has 'bolted' for the KHL. You don't even know that Kovalchuk is staying. The NHL hasn't started yet, stop assuming. Although, to stop making wild assumptions would mean you'd stop making any threads, which we all know would be impossible for you.

We all know its not about talent, it's the attitude.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#8 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,780 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Why? Do I need to tell you? Now that the lock-out is over, how many want to violate their contract? Do I need to say the story of Raduov and the countless Russians who bolted for Mother Russia?

How many DO want to violate their contract? Please, list off all the Russians who are planning to stay. Hell, list off all of the ones who have bolted to Russia at any time lately, after NHL success. Players like Shirokov and Zherdev don't count, if that's what you're about to say, as neither found a job here.

Good NHL players who haven't bolted:
Malkin, Ovechkin, Datsyuk, Semin, Gonchar, Tyutin, Markov, Bryzgalov, Varlamov, Khabibulin

Whereas the ones who have:
Radulov, Kovalchuk (no guarantee he stays, personally I think it's all talk), Kulemin (rumours floating that he may stay, no real evidence though)

Feel free to add any other names you can think of.

zuhwS.gif

#9 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

What about the Finn's? I wouldn't drafting a Teemu Selanne, or how about the Germans? Seidenberg, Erhoff are no slouches, nor are the Czech's or Slovak's. Chara Gaborik and others also say hi

Point is, where a player comes from doesn't really matter. Not all Russians are like Kovalchuk or Yashin, some actually play defence and are great team players. Datsyuk comes to mind, as well as many other great NHL'ers.
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#10 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,423 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Yeah currently ranked the top nation in the world for hockey but oh no! we shouldn't look into getting players of there nationality..

Makes sense to me... Cause there are far more bad Russians than good Russians right..

Just another pointless Mr.Reputable thread.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 08 January 2013 - 09:10 PM.

zackass.png

#11 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,720 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

The Canucks wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Pavel Bure...

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

#12 MashedBananas

MashedBananas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,671 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Ever since Bure's rude departure the Canucks have stayed away from the Russians and I like the philosophy

Chubarov? Shirokov?
Posted Image

Sig Credit goes to Henrik Sedin

#13 Clinch16

Clinch16

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Mr. Self Destruct

Mr. Self Destruct

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

This. Give me a team of hard-working Canadians over a team of Kovalchuks anyday.
Fire Bettman.

#15 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

I'd still draft Russians. They're sick of the NHL BS. Radulov was treated like S*^% in Nashville, and wanted to go back. Good riddance. Kovalchuk might stay, but might come back. If you had a Russian packed full of talent or a Canadian grinder you are telling me you'd take the Grinder? cdc logic at it's finest.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#16 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,674 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

The Hockey Hall of Fame rates at least two of those players' attitudes as pretty good, with Larionov and Bure both having been inducted. Datsyuk is a lock, and I don't see why Fedorov and Malkin wouldn't make it. Mogilny isn't too shabby either.

Edited by elvis15, 08 January 2013 - 09:48 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#17 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

I'd still draft Russians. They're sick of the NHL BS. Radulov was treated like S*^% in Nashville, and wanted to go back. Good riddance. Kovalchuk might stay, but might come back. If you had a Russian packed full of talent or a Canadian grinder you are telling me you'd take the Grinder? cdc logic at it's finest.

Yeah, luckily not a single person here is an actual GM....

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#18 JesseBlue

JesseBlue

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

i'm sorry but this is a dumb thread....another one of those put down a certain group of people...sacrifice a whole nation for a few....

op give your head a shake...just because you hide behind your pc doesn't mean everything you think should be shared out there...

if a russian was the best player possible, i'd draft/sign them as much as i can

#19 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Wasn't he bures agent?

#20 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Perhaps you should look up some of the stories that came out about Canadian players' attitudes while playing in Europe over the past few months during the lockout. The Euro clubs couldn't believe the prima dona Canadians' attitudes.

Doug Mac talked about it often during on SPSN.

#21 Pyrene

Pyrene

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

I like your username; fits well with your reputation around here.

#22 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

He does have a point that some Russians have a bad attitudes. It's true. But isn't their Canadians that have bad attitudes too? Nabokov and Visnosky both didn't want to play with the Islanders. So? Didn't Lindros refuse to play for Quebec? It's the same thing. Players such as Ovechkin, Kovelchuk and Yakupov make me angry sometimes but you can't judge all of Russia off of a few Russians. Isn't that kinda racist? Anyways I love my Canadians just as much as anyone, but take off your homer glasses.

#23 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

They want to stay in Russia for the same reason you would want to stay in Canada.

They a 20+ hour flight away, in a country they know little about.

#24 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Yet another, pointless, thoughtless toilet bowl full of verbal diarrhea. Stop posting.

You have now added bigotry and stereotyping to your wonderful set of attitudes.

Take the player who helps your club, regardless of nationality.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#25 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

When you can pick a 2nd round talent in the 6th or 7th round, which has happened, its well worth the risk to draft a Russian.
Posted Image

#26 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Pavel Datsyuk
Igor Larionov
Sergei Federov
Pavel Bure
Alexander Mogilny
Evgeni Malkin

he never said they were talentless

sht even ovi is saying he wants to look at the new cba before he stays , wtf is that

kovy saying hes staying screwing over a team that went to the cup final

our own russian prospect shirokov the whole site had a hard on for , he fled when it was evident he'd have to work to make the team

dont try and act like signing a russian player isnt sketchy now that the khl is around , they seem to want to threaten and run to it whenever necessary

that said , not all russians are bad , but gillis is smart for avoiding them
Posted Image

#27 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,491 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

Lindros and Daigle had prima donna attitudes. It's not exclusive to Russians.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#28 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,192 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

hodgson>datsyuk

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#29 iinatcc

iinatcc

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

This thread makes me so uncomfortable

#30 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,274 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

As a rule I don't want Russian players. But I spouted off yesterday about Kovy not wanting to comeback and now have to eat my words. Apparently he and Makarov wanted to stay with their teams to help them transition back after many players left for North America. It was a class act on their part and they should be respected for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.