Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

- - - - -

That is why you don't get Russians

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

#61 Browntown01

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

Sean Avery had a bad attitude so by that logic we should stay away from all Canadians as well...

#62 Mustapha

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

I think it's better to evaluate each player on his own, but I have to admit, I got a little angry when Team Russia taunted Team Canada after winning the bronze medal. Not every player did that of course, and they are still young men, but still that was extremely unsportsmanlike and rude.

Let's not kid ourselves, however. I admit i have some bias against certain Russian players. I thought Yashin was a money grubbing bum that only tried hard when he wanted to, but for every Russian disappointment I am sure there are others from other countries that are just as bad (Redden, Gomez)

Someone mentioned Avery on here. You know, a lot of people dislike Avery, but I think if he doesn't overdo it he can be a really effective hockey player. What Avery said about Elisha Cuthbert was nasty and rude, but I didn't think it warranted more attention than let's say Duncan Keith taking a flying elbow at Daniel Sedin's head, or Big Bert ending Steve Moore's career.

this is why i shaked my head at those Canuck fans that cheered on the fLames to make the playoffs... that fan base is stupid as f thats the fan base that still to this day are convinced Alberts faked going down for a call on hit on that McGrattan hit that sent him to retirement. 

I hated that fan base since 04 and will forever hate them. they have such a huge inferiority complex about our team and the city/province. I hope we dispose of these losers quickly. 

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.