Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Why does CDC (majority) accuse those that will boycott NHL as not real fans?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

It's the writing on the wall, you see majority about. 90% of the board tells the minority who want to express their ill feelings toward the NHL and PA as "NOT REAL FANS".

Be it thru a minor no buying of merchandise, miss a few games to full-on boycott, I see the CDC stalwarts telling those persons as morons, or dramatic or a lunatic. Most of the times, chiding the person to give them his ST.

How do you feel?
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#2 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Better question is:

Why do you make threads?

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#3 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

Isn't the definition of a fan a person that follows and watches a sport? So if you're boycotting then you're by definition not a fan. Following the NHL is a requirement for being an NHL fan.

Edited by etsen3, 08 January 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#4 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

Better question is:

Why do you make threads?

Best question. Why do you post in them?

Hahaha. Gotcha.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#5 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Best question. Why do you post in them?

Hahaha. Gotcha.

If you didn't make pointless and uninteresting threads, he wouldn't post in them.

Hahaha. Gotcha.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#6 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

It's the writing on the wall, you see majority about. 90% of the board tells the minority who want to express their ill feelings toward the NHL and PA as "NOT REAL FANS".

Be it thru a minor no buying of merchandise, miss a few games to full-on boycott, I see the CDC stalwarts telling those persons as morons, or dramatic or a lunatic. Most of the times, chiding the person to give them his ST.

How do you feel?

Pencil me in as a "stalwart". Just don't see the point in boycotting a league which these people claim to be (or used to be) a fan of. It's not as though the NHL and PA were unjust in locking out the league. It's a business. It may be the "fans money" that they're arguing over, but no one sees anyone boycotting your local post office when it goes on strike. Isn't that the "customers' money"? Why isn't it the same principle?
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#7 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,157 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

I feel like I'm a die hard Canucks fan who isn't willing to give them any of my money after doing what they did.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 08 January 2013 - 09:12 PM.

zackass.png

#8 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

I find it amusing that so many people get up in arms about it. Quite honestly, I found it a refreshing break, and I'm still very much looking forward to it getting going again. I sometimes think an 82-game season is TOOO long. So what if we missed out on Oct-Jan? I'd take a 48-game season followed by healthy players in the playoffs any day.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#9 meh_wassup

meh_wassup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

I feel like you're entitled to your opinion and you shouldn't care about what anybody thinks, I certainly don't. I'm in the same boat as Smashian Kassian here, I'll watch some games on tv to see how they're doing but I won't spend a penny on any of the products they have to offer. I have a message to convey to them and that's the best way I know how.

Charlotte-McKinney-21-155x160.jpg

#10 Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

When save on foods goes on strike, do you boycott the owners or employees? No. This is their job, they were locked out, their agreement was up and it was both sidesrightz to do what was done.
I Love Lamp...

#11 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,346 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Put it to you this way, I'd rather support the Canucks and the NHL than not. This league and this team has made me alot more happy than sad over the last 29 years and I wouldn't trade that for any other team or league or sport.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#12 vancity787

vancity787

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

How do you feel?

Maybe because anyone who is a "fan" Will stand by there team through thick and thin

Edited by vancity787, 08 January 2013 - 09:31 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image

Cred to 10TRAVIS_NUCK10 for the sick sig!

#13 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,408 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Already being discussed here
http://forum.canucks...otting-the-nhl/
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.