Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAMBUTANS

Why does CDC (majority) accuse those that will boycott NHL as not real fans?

13 posts in this topic

It's the writing on the wall, you see majority about. 90% of the board tells the minority who want to express their ill feelings toward the NHL and PA as "NOT REAL FANS".

Be it thru a minor no buying of merchandise, miss a few games to full-on boycott, I see the CDC stalwarts telling those persons as morons, or dramatic or a lunatic. Most of the times, chiding the person to give them his ST.

How do you feel?

Isn't the definition of a fan a person that follows and watches a sport? So if you're boycotting then you're by definition not a fan. Following the NHL is a requirement for being an NHL fan.

Better question is:

Why do you make threads?

Best question. Why do you post in them?

Hahaha. Gotcha.

It's the writing on the wall, you see majority about. 90% of the board tells the minority who want to express their ill feelings toward the NHL and PA as "NOT REAL FANS".

Be it thru a minor no buying of merchandise, miss a few games to full-on boycott, I see the CDC stalwarts telling those persons as morons, or dramatic or a lunatic. Most of the times, chiding the person to give them his ST.

How do you feel?

I feel like I'm a die hard Canucks fan who isn't willing to give them any of my money after doing what they did.

I find it amusing that so many people get up in arms about it. Quite honestly, I found it a refreshing break, and I'm still very much looking forward to it getting going again. I sometimes think an 82-game season is TOOO long. So what if we missed out on Oct-Jan? I'd take a 48-game season followed by healthy players in the playoffs any day.

I feel like you're entitled to your opinion and you shouldn't care about what anybody thinks, I certainly don't. I'm in the same boat as Smashian Kassian here, I'll watch some games on tv to see how they're doing but I won't spend a penny on any of the products they have to offer. I have a message to convey to them and that's the best way I know how.

When save on foods goes on strike, do you boycott the owners or employees? No. This is their job, they were locked out, their agreement was up and it was both sidesrightz to do what was done.

Put it to you this way, I'd rather support the Canucks and the NHL than not. This league and this team has made me alot more happy than sad over the last 29 years and I wouldn't trade that for any other team or league or sport.

How do you feel?

Already being discussed here