The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van - STL

So here's my proposal for a blockbuster trade between the Vancouver Canucks and the St Louis Blues:

To STL:

Kesler

2nd + 5th round draft pick

Ballard

To Van:

Backes

Obviously needless to say that the main pieces in this trade would be Kesler and Backes. The main reason I involved Kesler (and not Edler++) in the trade is because I believe that Kesler and Backes have some personal beef that goes a long way back so it would be tough to put them on the same line together. You just don't wanna create friction in the dressing room

From their persepective: The Blues' don't really have a shutdown centre that they can count on to play against the big names on other teams. That's exactly what they'll be getting with Kesler. Among MANY other admirable traits. They're also a little thin on D and Ballard needs a fresh start and he could be very beneficial to them if he gets off on the right foot and starts regaining his game. We need to give up something substantial (Kesler++) in order to get their captain and their best player. I think they'll be able to give up Backes because they have a lot of other very good offensive powerhouses they can count on (Berglund, Pietrangelo, Macdonald, Oshie...)

From Our perspective:

We would get a power forward with a phenomenal work ethic and a ton of leadership. Physicality and intimidation in our top six will no longer be an issue. He can also be a great mentor for Kassian and Jensen. Needless to say, David Backes has a LOT to offer. We would be dumping lots of cap space as well and they have lots of room for it (according to capgeek). Plus for a while now it seems like Kesler (and his agent) are having some issues with the management in Vancouver, it could be possible that something is boiling up.

I think this trade would really benefit both teams greatly. Let's hear it people. If possible, please support your comments with a solution (if you have a problem with the trade). Thanks

Ballard is probably going to get bought out anyways he's just a cap dump. I don't see why you'd want a 6th/7th Dman worth 4.2 million in your system. I really like ballard but he's just too expensive and we don't have the cap for him. As for Kesler > Backes... in what way? they play a different style of game. The way I see it is we're way more in need of Backes's style of play than Kesler's. Plus Backes is their captain and their system just about revolves around him. We have to give up a a substantial amount to get him. If you have SUCH a big problem with it then forget the 2nd round draft pick

Ballard is probably going to get bought out anyways he's just a cap dump. I don't see why you'd want a 6th/7th Dman worth 4.2 million in your system. I really like ballard but he's just too expensive and we don't have the cap for him. As for Kesler > Backes... in what way? they play a different style of game. The way I see it is we're way more in need of Backes's style of play than Kesler's. Plus Backes is their captain and their system just about revolves around him. We have to give up a a substantial amount to get him. If you have SUCH a big problem with it then forget the 2nd round draft pick

So here's my proposal for a blockbuster trade between the Vancouver Canucks and the St Louis Blues:

To STL:

Kesler

2nd + 5th round draft pick

Ballard

To Van:

Backes

From their persepective: The Blues' don't really have a shutdown centre that they can count on to play against the big names on other teams.

Archived