Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Would you rather Ryan Kesler....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#31 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,891 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Ryan Kesler at 100% is a force to behold - one of the best one on one players in the league. He is not a great play-maker, and that is fine, but to succeed as the kind of player he is, he really needs to be very healthy. I want to see him healthy and 100% for the playoffs. Let's just hope we can make the playoffs without him! A lot of that will depend on the returns of the luongo trade.

#32 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,891 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Ryan Kesler at 100% is a force to behold - one of the best one on one players in the league. He is not a great play-maker, and that is fine, but to succeed as the kind of player he is, he really needs to be very healthy. I want to see him healthy and 100% for the playoffs. Let's just hope we can make the playoffs without him! A lot of that will depend on the returns of the luongo trade.

#33 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,770 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

One of the best one on one players in the league? How? He has no hands, sure he's got speed but so does Raymond, Datsyuk is one of the best one on one players in the leauge, but not Kes. Only time I've seen him beat someone with a decent deke was that goal when he split Weber and Suter.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#34 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Dudes just bein honest and believe me , kesler would take that lifelong limp for a ring. Plenty of athletes do more for even less gain . Look at rgIII , 8 months rehab theyre estimating

I'm being honest too. That's a lot to ask for someone to give up for our team. I'm sure he has other things he lives for, and wants to have a good life for.
Posted Image

#35 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

One of the best one on one players in the league? How? He has no hands, sure he's got speed but so does Raymond, Datsyuk is one of the best one on one players in the leauge, but not Kes. Only time I've seen him beat someone with a decent deke was that goal when he split Weber and Suter.

He is. He was an all star for a reason. Lead us through Nashville series for a reason. Got 41 goals for a reason. Consideration for captain on one of the top 3 teams in the league for a reason. He's one of the best, every other team would want him,
Posted Image

#36 nowhereman

nowhereman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Kesler, at his best, is a top 30 player in the NHL. No, he's not even close to being Crosby/Malkin/Giroux-good but he can still be a dominant player.
Posted Image

#37 canucktican

canucktican

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Trade him

:bigblush:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH... no :bored:

#38 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

I'd rather have him get back to 100%. We've seen what he can do when he's completely healthy, and he was a shadow of himself last season. Hopefully the Canucks wait til he's 100%.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#39 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,770 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

He is. He was an all star for a reason. Lead us through Nashville series for a reason. Got 41 goals for a reason. Consideration for captain on one of the top 3 teams in the league for a reason. He's one of the best, every other team would want him,

Yeah but he said one on one. What does this have to do with him being one of the best ONE ON ONE players? None of those things proves he's good at beating players one on one, but yeah I agree with everything you said haha.

A good one on one player to me imo is Datsyuk, Kane, someone who can beat any one player by themselves with their dekes and make them look silly.

Kesler can power by people one on one but so can Booth.....

Edit: maybe I just read what he said wrong.

Edited by TheGame., 10 January 2013 - 09:12 PM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#40 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,764 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

I think a lot of people feel the same. If that is the case then they will not just say ok he's ready to go at the start of the season as it would look a little suspect. Bet he gets the all clear in three weeks into the season. And don't say Ryan wouldn't do such a thing... If your willing to dive like that on the ice then?

Had to say I got a good chuckle off of this post....

#41 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,840 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

Rest him to the playoffs and use his cap space elsewhere. It would suck to make his very first game back be R1G1 but there's some good money that could be spent gearing the team up.

seU9GBs.gif

#42 Fleech

Fleech

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Mike Shanahan would be playing him full time

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.