The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Back up goal tender?

I'd rather have great depth in net, then someone like Bozak.

There's no more important position than goaltending, especially in a shortened season when they're going to be playing alot of games in a short amount of time. And every game will be critical.

Goaltening will get us farther than a third line center ever will. I say keep Luongo and Schneider if there's no deal that puts us over the top.

Be better to keep them until the trade deadline at least as we don't know whats going to happen and with this being the last year of this cap why not have two exceptional goalies for the last time until we reach another high cap ceiling in a decade or so?

I agree with the people saying the Canucks should keep Luongo and roll with the stud tandem again for this half season, However, if Luongo IS dealt then count me on the Dan Ellis for backup bandwagon. The guy was quite solid during the last few seasons behind an ugly Ducks defense so he shouldn't have a problem playing behind Hamhuis/Bieksa/Edler/Garrison in Vancouver. Look at Andrew Raycroft's numbers when he was with the Canucks. If he can succeed, Ellis definitely can. Although we're not a defense-first team, like the Predators or Coyotes, it seems like we are a team on which goaltenders of all levels do well.

Archived