79 replies to this topic

#31 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

If he has multiple playoff blowouts a few years in a row.... people will be calling for Cory to be traded also. Before that ... who cares.

personally I don't care who gets traded. as long as one of the two does. luu has a lot of class cory is a young star on the rise. I just done like seeing 10 million cap dollars tied up in goaltending especially when we have holes to fill and a shallow prospect pool.

Posted Image

#freetorts

-Credit to blueberries-

#32 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

Jumping the gun a bit, are we not?

#33 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

A nucks/leafs game would never go to a shoot-out, we spank them every year!
Posted Image

#34 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

A nucks/leafs game would never go to a shoot-out, we spank them every year!

I remember one game a couple years ago leafs went up 3-0 or something like that. I left one bar when they pulled lu for raycroft. by the time I got to ny next bar the canucks had the lead lol.

Posted Image

#freetorts

-Credit to blueberries-

#35 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,692 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

If Lu is traded, a Toronto/Vancouver game would not be this season. Games will be within conference only. So it might be 1-2 years before that happens.

I don't care where Luongo goes to. I just hope we get good return.

I would also wish him the best of luck. He doesn't deserve to be thrown to the wolves like he has. Has he made mistakes? Yes. But, sometimes those mistakes are because the team relies on him too much to make the big save, instead of the whole team working hard to clear the zone.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#36 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

Our entire team has a 9000 page book on this guy. The Sedins will put together a solid game-plan.

people who say he has got a book on a goalie really makes no sense. Not much difference in play of goalies, they all react based on shots thorwn on them. If they know how to easily score on him just like that, they will get 20 goals.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#37 Oregon Canucky

Oregon Canucky

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

Does anyone have the beating the dead horse gif?
Posted Image

Portland Oregon: The first U.S. city to play for the Stanley Cup!

#38 nuck7635

nuck7635

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

If the Canucks play Lu all they need to do is shoot it at him from the goal line or behind the goal line; 90% chance it'll go in. Just ask the Blackhawks and Predators.

#39 Mad_Duck

Mad_Duck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

If Lu is traded, a Toronto/Vancouver game would not be this season. Games will be within conference only. So it might be 1-2 years before that happens.

I don't care where Luongo goes to. I just hope we get good return.

I would also wish him the best of luck. He doesn't deserve to be thrown to the wolves like he has. Has he made mistakes? Yes. But, sometimes those mistakes are because the team relies on him too much to make the big save, instead of the whole team working hard to clear the zone.

I know that's what they're saying, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Vancouver is the one team in the league to get Florida/Edmonton/Tampa on back to back to back nights. ^_^
I put the F U in Fun!

Posted Image

#40 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,293 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

I'm calling it right now.

The first time Schneider has a bad game when Lu is gone, someone will create a thread or make a big fuss in some other thread on how keeping Schneider over Lu is a mistake.

Calling that right now...

What will happen is one person will make a thread that we should have never traded Lu and Schneids sucks. This will most likely be a poster that was against trading Lu in the first place or a "new" account.

Then there will be about 15 or 20 replies that suggest the op of that topic is silly and that Corey will be fine and whatnot. Then there will be one post claiming how Canuck fans are terrible and how we are never satisfied and will railroad another out of town and blah blah blah "that's why we are so hated" even though the majority disagreed.

Book it.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#41 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

What will happen is one person will make a thread that we should have never traded Lu and Schneids sucks. This will most likely be a poster that was against trading Lu in the first place or a "new" account.

Then there will be about 15 or 20 replies that suggest the op of that topic is silly and that Corey will be fine and whatnot. Then there will be one post claiming how Canuck fans are terrible and how we are never satisfied and will railroad another out of town and blah blah blah "that's why we are so hated" even though the majority disagreed.

Book it.

Ahhh yes, the predictability that is the CDC.

#42 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

I remember one game a couple years ago leafs went up 3-0 or something like that. I left one bar when they pulled lu for raycroft. by the time I got to ny next bar the canucks had the lead lol.

yah was like 5-3 or 6-3 in the end

i was at work and my buddys whos a leafs fan was sending me texts bragging and then sht turned on him
Posted Image

#43 nucks_rule1

nucks_rule1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

to bad wont happen this year.
Posted Image
my thread!

100th post on September 9th 2008
1000th post on june 24th 2010

THANK YOU MIKE GILLIS FOR GREATEST OFF SEASON EVER!

HANK= H(ART ROSS)

#44 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

to bad wont happen this year.

Never say never, nucks leafs for the cup!! Well ok it will never happen this year.

#45 skolozsy2

skolozsy2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Book it.

Too funny

#46 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

Our entire team has a 9000 page book on this guy. The Sedins will put together a solid game-plan.

Luongo would probably know the whole team's flaws.

GG

Posted Image

#47 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

I'm calling it right now.

The first time Schneider has a bad game when Lu is gone, someone will create a thread or make a big fuss in some other thread on how keeping Schneider over Lu is a mistake.

Calling that right now...

To be honest, Schneider over Luongo is a mistake.

There's a quite a few people who are calling it now. So it's understandable if someone starts a thread like that. I won't, because I don't rant about past mistakes.

I hope that Luongo still is willing to play for Vancouver, and if so, that Mike Gillis has the composure and senses to keep him over Schneider.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#48 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Would this be the most watched regular season game in the history of the NHL? I think it might be!

Mind you, that game that Mats Sundin played for Vancouver against Toronto was a big one and I know Toronto/Montreal have had their battles.

I like Luongo but I really hope he goes to Toronto. So many great story lines!

Doubt it would be the most watched regular season game. Vancouver will be watching. The team he's traded to will be watching. But it wouldn't be a big story.

Unless both are playing lights out and battling it out for the Vezina, or the Vancouver goaltender who stayed is struggling immensely, while the other is thriving - because people tend to watch games where Vancouver is struggling because they love to hate.

#49 RFK

RFK

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

That was on January 30th, 2010. A 5-3 win with Burrows racking up four points. That was the icing on the cake, as it was just days after Ron Mclean's controversial smearing segment on CBC.
"This is, without a doubt, the most inconvenient war in history!"

-Charles Emerson Winchester III

#50 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,161 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

To be honest, Schneider over Luongo is a mistake.

There's a quite a few people who are calling it now. So it's understandable if someone starts a thread like that. I won't, because I don't rant about past mistakes.

I hope that Luongo still is willing to play for Vancouver, and if so, that Mike Gillis has the composure and senses to keep him over Schneider.

not sure why he would, I am a huge Lu fan but Schneider is the better option going forward for us.

zackass.png

#51 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,295 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

people who say he has got a book on a goalie really makes no sense. Not much difference in play of goalies, they all react based on shots thorwn on them. If they know how to easily score on him just like that, they will get 20 goals.

The Sedins will toy with Luongo.

Subbancopy.jpg

#52 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Luongo would probably know the whole team's flaws.

GG

As the team would know his. ;)

#53 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

The people starting those topics would just have to be reminded of all Luongo's blowout losses in the playoffs, maybe then they would back down.

People like you will need to be reminded that Luongo shows up for more big games than he melts down, while the team generally never shows up offensively in the playoffs. Maybe then people like you shut the hell up.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#54 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

People like you will need to be reminded that Luongo shows up for more big games than he melts down, while the team generally never shows up offensively in the playoffs. Maybe then people like you shut the hell up.

It's the timing of the meltdowns, we want the cup.

#55 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

I don't want Luongo traded, I think he'll stay this year at least
Posted Image

#56 Bure1994Mclean

Bure1994Mclean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Luongo vs. Schneider going into a shootout.

I wonder who's going to win? ;)

*head explodes
OMG SUNDIN.

The word fear is not in our dictionary, it is in the eyes of the enemy.

The objective of war is not to die for your country, it is to make the enemy die for theirs.

One generation plants the trees, the other gets the shade.

#57 VAN_FAN_MATT

VAN_FAN_MATT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Wont happen this season cause it East VS East and West VS West only for this shortened 48 game season.

#58 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

It's the timing of the meltdowns, we want the cup.

Did you comprehend the point of my last post? If the offense can't consistently score more than a goal or two a game, there is no point in trying to move goalies around. It wouldn't matter whether Schneider is in net or not, because nobody can and should be expected to post 1.00 GAA 16 games in a row, assuming we don't get shut out a couple times.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#59 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

not sure why he would, I am a huge Lu fan but Schneider is the better option going forward for us.

But is he the better option right now when the Sedins are in their prime?

Luongo is in his prime right now and will be for the next 3-5 years the Sedins are in theirs. That is our window. That's what we're concerned with. With every passing year, our window diminishes as the Sedins age.

Schneider sure looks better when we look going forward and think "Okay, in 5 years, Luongo retires, but in 5 years, Schneider's only 31 and in his prime." But anything past our window isn't our concern right now. And I'd say anything past this upcoming season isn't our concern - our concern is to win this season.

Luongo can get us there as well as Schneider can. Schneider brings a better return because he's younger and he's for the future - not for the win-now mentality any team taking Luongo has in mind.

Teams can build a contender around a 26-year-old Schneider just as we did a 26-year-old Luongo. We can take the pieces that can help us now and solidify the team in front of Luongo to win.

Remember that with Luongo, we were only one win away. Remember the decimated and injury-plagued team that was in front of Luongo in game 7. We had no chance from the start - even if it was Schneider in net.

What we need to do is build the best team in front of either goalie this season. I believe Luongo can get us there, and Schneider can get us better pieces. So I'd stick with Lu.

Edited by Dasein, 09 January 2013 - 08:03 PM.

#60 VIC_CITY

VIC_CITY

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

HAHAHA!!!! Too funny, man. Most watched game in the history of the NHL.....hilarious.

...........and still laughing. Thanks for that, my morning is better already.

HAHAHA!!!! Too funny, man. Most watched game in the history of the NHL.....hilarious.

...........and still laughing. Thanks for that, my morning is better already.

Name a regular season game in recent memory that would have higher TV ratings. Don't worry, I'll wait......still waiting....

TO is the biggest eastern market, Van is the biggest western market. It's 2013, people have cable on their cell phones! There's canucks fans in AFGHANSTAN!

So...thanks for your worthless contribution to this thread, now BEAT IT!

Edited by VIC_CITY, 09 January 2013 - 08:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.