The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Wins a Cup First Schneider or Luongo?

Derp...

Who wins a cup first Schneids or Lu?  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Lu goes to any one of the top 8 teams. They will win a cup.

Reason? We have never protected him properly in Vancouver because our offence has relied too heavily on a pinching, aggressive defence which has often left him exposed.

We have also never employed a big body to clear the crease and if anything we have tended to encounter opposition attackers who were able to clear our defenders.

I'm afraid this is what Schneider will have to look forward to on a nightly basis.

If Lu goes to any one of the top 8 teams. They will win a cup.

Reason? We have never protected him properly in Vancouver because our offence has relied too heavily on a pinching, aggressive defence which has often left him exposed.

We have also never employed a big body to clear the crease and if anything we have tended to encounter opposition attackers who were able to clear our defenders.

I'm afraid this is what Schneider will have to look forward to on a nightly basis.

Cory maybe will but i don't see Luongo winning one now. Age is creeping up on him and older goalies (other than Tim Thomas) never seem to break through for a cup win when they are older. With big game perforamances not his specialty i don't see him pulling it off on another team.

My vote is neither as i see the Canucks as a team that is going to slip back for a few years now as they had their chance being the best in the league.

Luongo. I think if he goes to Tor or FLA they got a chance. Last few cup winners all got young, skillful players and got 4 lines going. Leafs acutally have a solid foward group and d core that looks good on paper. To me they seem like a team that just needs a goalie to get them into the playoffs and they will be a good playoff team.

"Schneider on the other hand appears to have all the tools necessary to overcome the adversity.................."

And there we have it folks.............how many sportsmen have APPEARED to have it all and never got near the prize. You guys crease me, if it's not Schroeder it's Schneider. ..................neither have shown us anything like what it will take to be an ever present in this team.

Yet Lu who has carried this team at times and hauled them to two Presidents Trophies and a start in the SC finals most teams would have sold their grannies for is rubbished and accused of every weakness under the Sun. Jeez it's a wonder he lasted this long.

In regard to the question (hypothetical) on going to a top 8 team with a defence like ours........which one are you talking about?

Archived