The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Huselius Retires due to Injury

Provost

Well, there goes one cheap, low risk option for the 2nd line. I hope we get a top 6 forward back for Luongo when he moves... any Higgins/Hansen/Raymond/Booth combo of wingers is not so great.

sportsnet_square75x67_36.gif

Sportsnet Staff | January 8, 2013, 3:58 pm

Columbus Blue Jackets forward Kristian Huselius is retiring from the game of hockey because of a hip injury, the veteran announced on Tuesday.

“(My hip) has become worse and worse every game,” Huselius said in a statement to the Swedish media outlet Aftonbladet. “So I have taken the decision to stop with hockey altogether.”

The 34-year-old native of Osterhaninge, Sweden played the last four seasons with the Columbus Blue Jackets. Huselius also played for theCalgary Flames and Florida Panthers.

Huselius played five games with AIK in the Swedish Elite League this season before making the decision to retire.

In 662 career NHL games he registered 190 goals and 451 points

Well, there goes one cheap, low risk option for the 2nd line. I hope we get a top 6 forward back for Luongo when he moves... any Higgins/Hansen/Raymond/Booth combo of wingers is not so great.

sportsnet_square75x67_36.gif

Sportsnet Staff | January 8, 2013, 3:58 pm

Columbus Blue Jackets forward Kristian Huselius is retiring from the game of hockey because of a hip injury, the veteran announced on Tuesday.

“(My hip) has become worse and worse every game,” Huselius said in a statement to the Swedish media outlet Aftonbladet. “So I have taken the decision to stop with hockey altogether.”

The 34-year-old native of Osterhaninge, Sweden played the last four seasons with the Columbus Blue Jackets. Huselius also played for theCalgary Flames and Florida Panthers.

Huselius played five games with AIK in the Swedish Elite League this season before making the decision to retire.

In 662 career NHL games he registered 190 goals and 451 points

^ Agreed. We could do a lot worse for second line wingers. I'm fine with Booth, Higgins or even Hansen for a temporary guy on the second line.

I've been saying for awhile how Schroeder should really play right wing with Booth and Kesler (when he gets healthy). He could be that playmaker that everyone so desperately wants for those two. Additionally, Kesler and Booth could provide the space on the ice that Schroeder might need given his somewhat limited size so that his skill can take over.

Archived