4 replies to this topic

#1 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

Well, there goes one cheap, low risk option for the 2nd line. I hope we get a top 6 forward back for Luongo when he moves... any Higgins/Hansen/Raymond/Booth combo of wingers is not so great.

Posted Image

Sportsnet Staff | January 8, 2013, 3:58 pm

Columbus Blue Jackets forward Kristian Huselius is retiring from the game of hockey because of a hip injury, the veteran announced on Tuesday.
“(My hip) has become worse and worse every game,” Huselius said in a statement to the Swedish media outlet Aftonbladet. “So I have taken the decision to stop with hockey altogether.”
The 34-year-old native of Osterhaninge, Sweden played the last four seasons with the Columbus Blue Jackets. Huselius also played for theCalgary Flames and Florida Panthers.
Huselius played five games with AIK in the Swedish Elite League this season before making the decision to retire.
In 662 career NHL games he registered 190 goals and 451 points

Edited by Provost, 09 January 2013 - 02:38 AM.

Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#2 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,014 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

Well, there goes one cheap, low risk option for the 2nd line. I hope we get a top 6 forward back for Luongo when he moves... any Higgins/Hansen/Raymond/Booth combo of wingers is not so great.

Posted Image

Sportsnet Staff | January 8, 2013, 3:58 pm

Columbus Blue Jackets forward Kristian Huselius is retiring from the game of hockey because of a hip injury, the veteran announced on Tuesday.
“(My hip) has become worse and worse every game,” Huselius said in a statement to the Swedish media outlet Aftonbladet. “So I have taken the decision to stop with hockey altogether.”
The 34-year-old native of Osterhaninge, Sweden played the last four seasons with the Columbus Blue Jackets. Huselius also played for theCalgary Flames and Florida Panthers.
Huselius played five games with AIK in the Swedish Elite League this season before making the decision to retire.
In 662 career NHL games he registered 190 goals and 451 points

Higgins scored 43 points last season and Booth was on pace for about 25 goals if you take away his injury.

We could do alot worse for second line wingers. I don't really see a desperate need there as much as there is a need for a third line center and a depth defenceman.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#3 Rounoush

Rounoush

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

^ Agreed. We could do a lot worse for second line wingers. I'm fine with Booth, Higgins or even Hansen for a temporary guy on the second line.

I've been saying for awhile how Schroeder should really play right wing with Booth and Kesler (when he gets healthy). He could be that playmaker that everyone so desperately wants for those two. Additionally, Kesler and Booth could provide the space on the ice that Schroeder might need given his somewhat limited size so that his skill can take over.

2dgqi51.jpgfcvifc.jpg
Thanks a bunch to khalifawiz501 and Discord for the signatures.

#4 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

http://forum.canucks...-due-to-injury/

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#5 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

Duh, been saying this since the summer. I have no idea why people actually thought he was an option this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.