27 replies to this topic

#1 Karan01

Karan01

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

Is it me or is it pretty stupid that the prices for the upcoming season are going up? Its an arm and leg to go to a game before, this is just getting ridiculous! :picard:

#2 Rounoush

Rounoush

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Is it me or is it pretty stupid that the prices for the upcoming season are going up? Its an arm and leg to go to a game before, this is just getting ridiculous! :picard:

Supply and demand, baby. As long as games keep selling out, why should prices change?
Posted Image
Thanks a bunch to khalifawiz501 for the signature.

#3 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,724 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

Makes perfect sense - people are willing to pay big for hockey tickets, so why should owners lower/stabilize ticket prices?

#4 canucks_for_cup27

canucks_for_cup27

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

Where did you see the ticket prices?

#5 xWCMx

xWCMx

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

You're aware a schedule has not been released yet, which means we have no idea how much tickets will be, right? I've already had 2 people I know tell me they bought tickets off craigslist in the past couple of days. Sounds sketchyy
Posted Image

Sig removed - inappropriate ^ how was this inappropriate?

#6 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,209 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

You're aware a schedule has not been released yet, which means we have no idea how much tickets will be, right? I've already had 2 people I know tell me they bought tickets off craigslist in the past couple of days. Sounds sketchyy

^This.

Season ticket holders may have been given a price list for game packs and the like, but they would have already known that from September. There's no way anyone has bought any legitimate single game tickets though at this point since there is no schedule for the games.

Other than that, I'm not sure why this needed a thread, let alone in Canucks Talk. Ticket prices go up.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#7 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,696 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

If the prices stay the same then I think the sellout streak will end this year for the Canucks.

307mg00.jpg

#8 BCNeil

BCNeil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

Prices the Canucks are charging are too low, that is the reason scalpers/brokers are able to make a profit.
Thousands of people on the wait list confirm ticket prices are not too high.
Oh and how many games in a row have been sold out?

Sounds like maybe too high for you........... :picard:

Sure we know how much our tickets cost. I have had my seats for years, I knew how much they were going to cost me last April. They were paid for in September. I even have my mastercard bill, so yes I know how much they cost me :picard:

Edited by BCNeil, 09 January 2013 - 02:00 PM.

#9 nucks_rule1

nucks_rule1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

we keep paying, prices will keep soaring
Posted Image
my thread!

100th post on September 9th 2008
1000th post on june 24th 2010

THANK YOU MIKE GILLIS FOR GREATEST OFF SEASON EVER!

HANK= H(ART ROSS)

#10 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

Guaranteed ticket prices go up this season, as a big thank you to the fans for being so patient with this lockout.

#11 Rick Rypien

Rick Rypien

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

If the prices stay the same then I think the sellout streak will end this year for the Canucks.

Theres too many rich people in Vancouver willing and able to pay big bucks. The streak won't end.
Posted Image

#12 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

ticket prices were set in the summer dunno what you guys are smoking.

#13 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

I think it sucks, but it's usually special occasion to go, so it's still cool.
Posted Image

#14 Mad Cow Disease

Mad Cow Disease

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Ticket prices are the reason I've only been to one Canucks game. ONE. :'(

#15 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,002 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

Prices the Canucks are charging are too low, that is the reason scalpers/brokers are able to make a profit.
Thousands of people on the wait list confirm ticket prices are not too high.
Oh and how many games in a row have been sold out?

agree.. that's why so many ppl are on the list... $50-80 a game is not much for most ppl.. ppl just sell them off if you can't go to games.. i know a few ppl that are season ticket holders but never been to a game in a few yrs..

#16 Lillooet_Hillbilly

Lillooet_Hillbilly

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

i've only went to 1 canuck game back in '08, i paid $220 for a upper bowl seat against the flames but it was christmas time but holy hell

#17 darkpoet

darkpoet

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

This (NHL) team has been around for 43 years. That's 10x older than most of the members of CDC.

They should have won at least 1 championship by sheer accident by now.

It's like the guy in "Idiocracy" who's dumb enough to keep throwing dollars at the hooker for an advance lay which never seems to materialize.

#18 Cakeman

Cakeman

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,518 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

Can someone actually produce some evidence of the ticket prices going up? And I mean, not the increase they announced way back in February of last year which was applicable to this year's tickets. I mean, that was way, way back...when they release the single game tickets they will release the cost of them as well, which they do once a year.

And please also understand WHY the Canucks put their ticket prices up each season. It is not to gouge the fans, make extra profit, or undercut the scalpers.....

#19 Jougo

Jougo

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Does anyone know how much the cheapest lower bowl playoff tickets usually cost (1st round)? Thanks.

#20 TheNoelPatrol

TheNoelPatrol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

i've only went to 1 canuck game back in '08, i paid $220 for a upper bowl seat against the flames but it was christmas time but holy hell

You got harsh ripped off. You could get a good lower bowl seat against most teams for that price.

QUOTE (diesel_3 @ Aug 28 2009, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well..any way you slice it....Mike Gillis just pimp-slapped the Western Conference.

#21 Trade Deadline

Trade Deadline

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,474 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

They'll keep going up if people keep buying them... and we buying.

Posted Image

#22 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Being a season ticket holder is awesome!

Watch some, gift some, and sell the rest.

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

#23 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

you think ours are bad? go to Toronto and see theirs lol. And that's for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 8 years

#24 Russ

Russ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,377 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

A single seat? What the hell did you pay that much for?

When I got out of highschool I took my ex to a bunch of games which cost me about $250-300/game for lower bowls. I've been to like 2 games since then in the last 5 years and 1 of them was a free ticket.
Xbox Live - Lenerdosy
PSN - Lenerdosy

Interested in a game of NHL or BF3? Send me a friend request and lets play.

#25 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

HEy guys, just wondering if anyone has an appx price for row one of the upper bowl? im looking at some ticks right now for a saturday game at 155 each. i know a few rows up in the upper bowl in the middle was 140 face value last yr. basnically im asking if its worth waiting and testing ticketmaster, or just grabbing the 155 ones.

Posted Image

#26 TopGrinder

TopGrinder

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

I can confirm ticket prices have gone up. I have been a season ticket holder for 12 years now when Messier was on the team. Every year the price goes up. Especially in the last couple years.... my tickets used to cost 68$ for front row lower bowl corner and now they cost 128.80$ up from 123$ last year.

I had four seat and i gave up 2 of them last year. Last year it was a hard sell. It was alot of work to turn a profit even. I used to go to every single game when tix were around 90-100$ but now i have a hard time rationlizing it. The best seat these days r on my couch. I will make a few extra bucks sellin my tix but thats about it.

Also i used to use the prime seat club due to ease but now the canucks have got too greedy in that market too. They now take an even bigger cut and the extra fees they charge are beyond laughable.

Overall its sad to see where the Nucks are heading. We are following the Toronto model which places more empahsis on greed than anything else....

#27 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,002 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

I can confirm ticket prices have gone up. I have been a season ticket holder for 12 years now when Messier was on the team. Every year the price goes up. Especially in the last couple years.... my tickets used to cost 68$ for front row lower bowl corner and now they cost 128.80$ up from 123$ last year.

I had four seat and i gave up 2 of them last year. Last year it was a hard sell. It was alot of work to turn a profit even. I used to go to every single game when tix were around 90-100$ but now i have a hard time rationlizing it. The best seat these days r on my couch. I will make a few extra bucks sellin my tix but thats about it.

Also i used to use the prime seat club due to ease but now the canucks have got too greedy in that market too. They now take an even bigger cut and the extra fees they charge are beyond laughable.

Overall its sad to see where the Nucks are heading. We are following the Toronto model which places more empahsis on greed than anything else....

lower bowl are hard to sell. just cost too much for average ppl. thats why I switched to upper bowl 3 yrs ago. easy to get rid of since only cost 50-60

#28 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

List price is $95 for nosebleeds for the opening night game :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.