Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,475 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

Seriously, this is face i have had since i've heard the news:

Posted Image

Laffs continue to entertain.

I see your Agent Smith and raise you a Grinch.

Posted Image

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#92 mr wicked

mr wicked

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

Toronto in the press will anounce nonis is taking over as gm of the leafs......the players will vote on the cba later today and pass it so its official....nonis will then go into burkes old office, sit in burkes old chair and put his signature on the papers sitting on burkes old desk to bring luongo and raymond to toronto....which will be breaking news tonight and the canucks forum will crash from madness.....you heard it here folks!

#93 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Press conference on sportsnet right now.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#94 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Burke still staying on board as Senior Advisor.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#95 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Has anyone considered that the holdup to a T.O. deal might be because Lou wouldn't waive his NTC while Burke was there?

If MLSE was not going to renew him anyway...

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#96 bleednucksblue

bleednucksblue

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,561 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

LeBrun tweeted he expects Lu talks to heat up now with Nonis taking over. No shocker there. End the madness and get a deal done.
You will always be on our mind and in our heart. RIP Luc!

John Garrett after a brutal pass by Olli Jokinen:

"Jokinen makes a pass 8 feet behind anybody, to no-one. That's Calgary's first line, unfortunately for them."

#97 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,475 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

Could be Gillis Burke came to final offers and Gillis offer was doable for MLSE.

The GM and owners wouldn't discuss proposed deals from other teams unless he needed the owners approval. It would be more general than that, with the owners asking for a progress report or just his stance on a potential deal for any goalie after it came out earlier this week that the Leafs weren't interested in Bernier. Combine that with Burke's current playoff attendance record, winning personality and the change of ownership for the Leafs earlier this year, and he might have already been close to the edge.

EDIT: Playoofs!? Don't talk about playoofs?! Damn spelling.

Edited by elvis15, 09 January 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#98 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

Has anyone considered that the holdup to a T.O. deal might be because Lou wouldn't waive his NTC while Burke was there?

If MLSE was not going to renew him anyway...

no not when lu gave the green light to mg to do what's best for vancity days ago

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#99 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,665 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

Im not buying the PR that this was a personality clash, if it was it coulda waited till the end of the year.

This is luongo related.

Also I want Morgan Reilly
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#100 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

The GM and owners wouldn't discuss proposed deals from other teams unless he needed the owners approval. It would be more general than that, with the owners asking for a progress report or just his stance on a potential deal for any goalie after it came out earlier this week that the Leafs weren't interested in Bernier. Combine that with Burke's current playoof attendance record, winning personality and the change of ownership for the Leafs earlier this year, and he might have already been close to the edge.

And Komisarek and Orr and Wilson and Gustavsson and the list goes on...

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#101 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

a friend of a friend has some access to information here in toronto and says he was fired because he messed up the luongo deal. i don't know the guy or where he got his information, but that's what he said

his access to information in toronto is probably a cdc account haha

Kind of a puzzling move to do now. Its almost like they didnt trust him once that cba is rattified.

Its very had to gauge bacause we dont know what goes on in the high up rooms there, but why would they fire him over something that he cant even do yet. why didnt they fire him before the cba expired if it was a luongo issue.

Another point is, if it was an issue that burke was going to get luongo and they didnt want him. You think the owners would just say no were not taking that contract, but not fire him. where as if it was him being stubborn and saying no way and not getting out there and getting a goalie, then hes not really doing his job they want him to and needs to be fired.

#102 KelownaCanucksFan

KelownaCanucksFan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

Dude really? You're saying that from Kelowna? Have you been to a leafs game in Toronto? Selling out with min $200 seats in the lower bowl for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 8 years. Granted fan's are growing tired of it but leaf fans are the best in the NHL, (I know you don't want to hear it) but they have supported a crap team through thick and thin, they are rabbid hockey fans and will come regardless.

This isn't about competing with the Jays! LOL!!! Its about a personality clash clearly withing MLSE and Burke and he being the abrasive face of a franchise with new owners...

They are not firing him because of the Lou deal.

Yes I've lived in Toronto and the fans there are sheep if your winning they will show up, many fans I know that live there have given up their season tickets and moved on.

Posted Image
Thanks to GoaltenderInterference for the sig!

#103 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Im not buying the PR that this was a personality clash, if it was it coulda waited till the end of the year.

This is luongo related.

According to the press conference, it's got nothing to do with Luongo. They were asked about it by the Vancouver Sun or whoever and they said no. You can tell from their faces that they weren't hiding anything.
Posted Image

#104 forever_hope

forever_hope

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

I had a chuckle at the nervous province reporter directly asking if the move affects the luongo trade.. and the ownership denying that it has anything to do with luongo
Posted Image

#105 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,384 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

This is luongo related.

There is NO WAY that the Leafs move Reilly.
Posted Image

#106 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Quote from Nonis "we have a short time to make some key decisions...." "need to get the green light on decisions...." "decisions to make on certain players/contracts"

*cough* bet he wants to pull the trigger on Luongo (Burke didn't for the price).

Knowing Nonis in the past, he'll do a similar deal that brought Lui to Vancouver. Original deal was Auld,Bertuzzi and Allen for Krajicek, Lui and a pick. Look for Nonis to overpay (maybe Gardiner, Bozak, Kadri for Lui and Raymond with conditional picks both ways?).

#107 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Yes I've lived in Toronto and the fans there are sheep if your winning they will show up, many fans I know that live there have given up their season tickets and moved on.

They sell out all the time win or lose.
Posted Image

#108 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,885 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

Burke definitely leaves the Leafs and goes to the NHL head office in a push to become commissioner eventually.
Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#109 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Quote from Nonis "we have a short time to make some key decisions...." "need to get the green light on decisions...." "decisions to make on certain players/contracts"

*cough* bet he wants to pull the trigger on Luongo (Burke didn't for the price).

Knowing Nonis in the past, he'll do a similar deal that brought Lui to Vancouver. Original deal was Auld,Bertuzzi and Allen for Krajicek, Lui and a pick. Look for Nonis to overpay (maybe Gardiner, Bozak, Kadri for Lui and Raymond with conditional picks both ways?).

Lol keep dreaming

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#110 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,665 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

According to the press conference, it's got nothing to do with Luongo. They were asked about it by the Vancouver Sun or whoever and they said no. You can tell from their faces that they weren't hiding anything.

I don't know if this was not luongo related, why now at the beginning of a new year? Why not during the lockout, why not after the season you have to admit the timing is strange, and although MLSE is draconian I don't think they're that bad.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#111 smithers joe

smithers joe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

nonis was pushing hard for luongo, while burke was interested but didn't want to give up anything fair.

#112 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Good riddance he was a terrible GM. The leafs will be better off without him. Wilson gone, Burke gone, maybe the team will actually do something without the terrible coaching and the questionable managing.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#113 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

I live there now and have for more than a decade...its sold out win or lose...ya some fans give up their seasons, and there is a 22 year wait list for those seasons standing behind them...

lol

#114 Milk Hot Dog

Milk Hot Dog

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

I hope Lu trolls and goes to Florida.
Nobody beats our Canucks' meat !

I don't typically make New Year's Resolutions, but the one thing I want to accomplish in 2012, aka the year of the MILK HOT DOG, is to ARREST SOMEONE. - Kevin WOLVERINE Bieksa (BEE-ecks-ah)

#115 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,224 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Lets hope Nonis doesn't fleece us like he did to Florida. Then again, we have Mike Gillis and Nonis is a Canucks fan at heart.

THIS IS GOOD FOLKS!!

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#116 Yeria

Yeria

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

POPULAR

If they really wanted Luongo and Burke was fired for not wanting Luongo, then they would obviously say the reason Burke was fired has nothing to do with Luongo.

Then you think they're telling the truth because their faces looked like they're not hiding anything. I think they should hire you at airports instead of performing abusive security searches because you can just ask them "Do you have any explosives in your carriages?" and just stare at the guy's face.
Posted Image
Thanks to Hockey_Crazy for the sig!

#117 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Smart move by the Leafs, but keeping Nonis, bad move, he won't be much better!

#118 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,475 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

And Komisarek and Orr and Wilson and Gustavsson and the list goes on...

Yup, and the Kessel trade. It's not like he's been great for them up to this point.

Edited by elvis15, 09 January 2013 - 12:22 PM.

#119 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,312 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

Lets hope Nonis doesn't fleece us like he did to Florida. Then again, we have Mike Gillis and Nonis is a Canucks fan at heart.

THIS IS GOOD FOLKS!!

Yes I am sure Nonis is still a big Canuck fan after the organization showed him the door.

#120 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,665 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Yes I am sure Nonis is still a big Canuck fan after the organization showed him the door.

Yep, dave is not a fan of Gillis. There is alot of bad blood there.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.