238 replies to this topic

#211 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,372 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

He also had Nash demanding a trade, where Luongo isn't doing that. CBJ lost some value to get a deal done as a result, but still that's more than what was mentioned in return for Lu. We could get a portion of that type of return (picture a roster player, a prospect and a pick rather than 2 roster players a prospect and a pick).

Will Nonis give that up? If it's not all top end, then I think so, and I think they know Bozak isn't quite as good as he appears on paper so would be willing to trade him versus re-signing him.

Calm down. We could use a centerman to fill in either on the 2nd while Kes is out, or specifically for our 3rd, but we hardly need two (Bozak and Kadri, or one of them and Couturier).

Gillis quote on what Columbus wanted for Nash “We were involved [in talks with the Blue Jackets leading up to the trade deadline], but what Columbus wanted to get from us would have destroyed our team."

Destroying our team would be asking for guys like Kesler and Schneider. Their GM was too aggressive and it ended up biting him. If he was patient he easily could have gotten a better deal.

Subbancopy.jpg

#212 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,953 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Too bad we don't face em this season.
Posted Image

#213 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

EDIT: Playoofs!? Don't talk about playoofs?! Damn spelling.

Playoofs is when there's a lot of bodychecking.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#214 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Isn't it funny how Burke always comes in and tries to do the quick fix, and then Nonis is there to pick up the pieces.

Now Nonis will likely do what he did in Vancouver and try and build from the net out, and restock the prospect cupboard.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#215 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

I think burke was a scapegoat and that MLSE was just tired of losing with no playoff revenue

I doubt that revenue was the issue, they are still by far the richest team in the league even without the playoffs, I think it was a personality/behind the scenes thing myself.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 09 January 2013 - 07:53 PM.

zackass.png

#216 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

laffs want Lu to fill GM role.

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#217 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

They can't be serious with Nonis. He must be a stop gap until they get someone for next season.

#218 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Gillis quote on what Columbus wanted for Nash “We were involved [in talks with the Blue Jackets leading up to the trade deadline], but what Columbus wanted to get from us would have destroyed our team."

Destroying our team would be asking for guys like Kesler and Schneider. Their GM was too aggressive and it ended up biting him. If he was patient he easily could have gotten a better deal.

They had to be asking for the Twins, and/or Kes and/or Hamhuis and/or Schneider/Luongo.
Any one of those isn't total destruction save for maybe the twins (if you count both on and off ice destruction), but any combination of two to three is devastating.
Sorry. Don't want to divert the thread. Carry on.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#219 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

What Went Wrong for Brian Burke?

Let’s start with the easy part: Brian Burke failed in Toronto.
There’s really no way to spin it otherwise. Some people will try, because that’s how these things always work, but it’s futile. Brian Burke failed.
He came to the Maple Leafs in 2008 when it seemed that the franchise had hit rock bottom, and, as general manager, he never made it significantly better. He missed the NHL playoffs all four years. He took over a team coming off an 83-point season that everyone agreed was a disaster and managed to top that total only once. He compiled a .490 winning percentage, which, in a league that gives out points for losing, is indisputably awful.
All of that might have been acceptable if Burke, who was fired Wednesday, could point to an organization stocked with can’t-miss prospects. But the Leafs don’t even have that. The farm system is in better shape than it was when he inherited it, because it would've been nearly impossible for it not to be. But not by much, and with the (optimistically) possible exception of defenseman Morgan Rielly, it’s lacking the sort of top-tier young talent that almost all of today’s winning NHL teams are built around.
No playoffs. No blue chips. No progress. And, increasingly, no hope. That’s failure, any way you cut it.
So that’s the easy part. Now the harder question: Why? Why did someone who seemed like such a perfect fit for the job fail so spectacularly?

Remember, from the moment the Leafs started their GM search in the spring of 2008, the whole thing felt like a sham. What search? Brian Burke was the man for the job. It so happened that he was already under contract to another NHL team, but that was a minor complication that could be worked around. And by November, mysteriously, <a href="http://www.tsn.ca/nh...=topStory_main" style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(188, 19, 26);" target="_blank">it had been.

In a town where the hockey media demands to be fed constantly, Burke was a soundbite machine. In an organization where meddling executives and board members kept sticking their fingers into every decision, Burke was an intimidator who’d send the suits scurrying. In the aftermath of years of aimless management that drifted along without a plan, Burke would look you right in the eye, tell you what he was going to do, and then go out and do it.
Most importantly for a franchise starving for a championship, Burke was a winner. Until, suddenly, he wasn’t anymore.
In hindsight, Burke doomed himself from the start. In a miscalculation that will become his legacy in Toronto, he decided that he wouldn’t rebuild, at least not in the traditional sense of burning everything to the ground and starting over. He wouldn’t gut the roster to collect high draft picks while ignoring the standings. He would not tank. Burke had no patience for that approach — “Maybe because of my age,” he’d offer later — so he set out to prove he could do it faster.
And let’s be clear: It didn’t have to be that way. Brian Burke could have stood up on his first day on the job and said, “Look, things here are a mess, and I’m going to roll a grenade into the whole operation. It’s going to be ugly and it’s going be painful, and it will stay that way for at least a few years and maybe more. But stick with me and I’ll lead you through to the other side.” Maple Leafs fans would have followed him into that battle with smiles on their faces. He had that opportunity. He declined it.
Instead, he made it very clear from Day 1 that he could turn the Leafs around more quickly. And he backed up that hubris by trading two first-round picks for Phil Kessel during his first offseason in Toronto. That Boston trade wasn’t the disaster it’s often made out to be — plenty of GMs would love for their worst trade to be the one that brought in a top 10 scorer in his prime — but it set the tone for everything that followed. Burke didn’t just call his shot; he tore down his safety net. And then the team he’d put his faith in took one step off the platform and plummeted.
And even more frustrating for fans, Burke seemed to insist on trying to turn things around with one hand tied behind his back. He refused to take advantage of loopholes in the CBA that other big-market teams happily exploited. He imposed his own personal trade freezes and railed against surprise offer sheets and tiptoed around asking players to waive no-trade clauses. His personal code of ethics always seemed to come first. When you’re winning, that makes you an admirable man. But when you keep losing, it makes you an admirable man who keeps losing, and everybody just sort of forgets about that first part.
Make no mistake: Brian Burke, the man, is about as admirable as they come. Oh, sure, he often came across as a thin-skinned bully, especially with the media. He also worked tirelessly for charity, was fiercely loyal in a business where few are, and carried on with an almost unimaginable strength after the death of his son Brendan. The important work done by Burke and his family to build acceptance of gay athletes has a chance to live on long after Burke’s time in Toronto has been forgotten.
But when it comes to wins and losses, none of that matters. (And please say a small prayer for Maple Leafs fans that this really is about wins and losses, and not about Burke’s ability to play nice with his new corporate masters as some have speculated, because if that’s the case, then this franchise might never win again and wouldn’t deserve to.) Burke may be a good man, but so far in Toronto, he hadn’t been a winning one.
Was he given enough time? Not really, in the sense that nobody who was around in 2008 thought the Leafs could be turned into contenders in less than four full seasons. Rebuilding from scratch takes at least five years, the conventional wisdom goes, and a check of the calendar shows Burke didn’t get that. If it takes you five hours to drive to your in-laws’ house and your spouse starts asking “are we there yet?” after four, you’re going to get cranky.
But Burke’s problem was that he was four hours into the trip and hadn’t made it out of the driveway yet. Or, to torture the metaphor even further, he’d made a wrong turn getting onto the highway and was speeding off determinedly in the wrong direction. Knowing exactly where you want go doesn't mean much if everyone else can see that you’re not going to make it before time runs out.
For Brian Burke, time ran out. He failed. And he won’t get a chance to fix it now.

#220 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,953 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Posted Image

The Blindside.
Posted Image

#221 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,953 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Nonis was given a 3yr extension. Interim he is not. Worried, he is.
Posted Image

#222 Lundymaphone

Lundymaphone

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

I am unsure why people are so confused about the timing. Most of the admin stuff for arena's etc would be under the Presidents area of concern I would imagine. Now is better then most other times. Around the trade deadline would be terrible, after the trade deadline when the team needs stability would be another terrible idea. Playoffs/off season when team evaluation and FA/RFA/UFA/Trade activity hits its zenith would be the worst time. The only better time may have been August (or in the lockout's case the last 4-5 months) after most off-season activity has stopped. This is really the second least objectionable time to remove/replace a GM...

Edited by Lundymaphone, 10 January 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#223 ArmchairCanuckGM

ArmchairCanuckGM

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

I think it would have made more sense to fire Burke after the end of this season, since it's such a write off season and it doesn't look good for Nonis to have his first season being an obivious lost season. Especially since Nonis didn't have a chance to build his team this season.
Why people read signatures:
  • It is an acceptable way to stare at women.
  • Allows people to have a counter-argument by insulting what is in a persons signature (pooh-pooh fallacy).
  • Allows people to show that they like a man and they put colourful things around the picture of a man(usually a hockey player :P).
  • To watch a funny GIF or a funny pic.
  • Funny Quote or Saying
So I have no clue why are you reading my signature!

#224 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,953 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

I am unsure why people are so confused about the timing. Most of the admin stuff for arena's etc would be under the Presidents area of concern I would imagine. Now is better then most other times. Around the trade deadline would be terrible, after the trade deadline when the team needs stability would be another terrible idea. Playoffs/off season when team evaluation and FA/RFA/UFA/Trade activity hits its zenith would be the worst time. The only better time may have been August (or in the lockout's case the last 4-5 months) after most off-season activity has stopped. This is really the second least objectionable time to remove/replace a GM...

Everyone involved seemed to be caught by surprise. Did they not talk at all during their 4 months off?
Posted Image

#225 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,863 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

I think it would have made more sense to fire Burke after the end of this season, since it's such a write off season and it doesn't look good for Nonis to have his first season being an obivious lost season. Especially since Nonis didn't have a chance to build his team this season.

Nonis is in a far better position in TO than he was here in Vancouver. The Canucks were coming off of multiple years of regular season dominance, and had NOTHING in the prospect cupboard.

The Leafs have a few decent young guns, and very little expectations from the fanbase. I could see Nonis picking up a goalie (hmmm...who would it be...?), making a good trade/signing, squeaking into the playoffs, and being hailed as the savior of the franchise. And I will say, "good for Dave".
Posted Image

#226 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

Too many people here doubt that Nonis can get the job done, to be fair Nonis didn't really have a whole lot of cards to play when he was our GM as we were tied up in the cap..The year that Gillis came in was his year to make his big moves but never got that chance, It be interesting to see what he does with the Leafs.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#227 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,953 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Brian Burke knew exactly what to do. Didnt even need to think about it for more than a second.

As soon as he learned he had been relieved of his duties as general manager of hockeys most scrutinized team, he bolted from the Air Canada Centre to pick up his two youngest daughters, aged 7 and 8, at school.

I called the older kids on the way, but I wanted the little ones to hear it from me first, Burke told the Star today in an exclusive interview.

They were okay. They just wanted to know if wed have to move again. I said no.

This morning, 48 hours after being dismissed in shocking fashion by the Maple Leafs and then agreeing to become a senior advisor to the team, the 57-year-old Burke walked into his preferred neighborhood coffee shop wearing a grey Providence College sweatshirt and a leather jacket.

No ball cap, no sunglasses. No attempt to hide, no sense of wanting not to be seen or recognized.

I was floored, and I still am stunned. Ive never been fired before, he said about Wednesdays announcement. How am I doing? Im doing okay.

Im so grateful I had a chance to run the crown jewel franchise of the NHL. Im grateful to have been given the chance to live in Toronto. I love this city and I am grateful for the support of the fans.

This was his second visit to his favourite Starbucks of the morning he was up at 4:30 a.m. to work out, then out for his first coffee at 5:30 a.m. and came after a neighbour had pointed out to him that the back window of one of his cars had been smashed in.

I dont know if it was a disgruntled fan or not, he said in his first interview since being dismissed. But they didnt steal anything.

Burke was driving to the airport on Wednesday to catch a 10:30 a.m. flight to New York for an NHL board of governors meeting when he answered a phone call from Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment chief operating officer Tom Anselmi. Anselmi asked Burke to instead come to the teams offices at the Air Canada Centre where he was told he wasnt in charge of the Leafs anymore.

When the late Pat Burns was dismissed as Leaf head coach 17 years ago, he immediately left for the Eastern Townships.

Burke, however, has no intention of going anywhere, at least not yet.

My daughters need me around for a few days, he said. This is not a time to get out of town.

He gave his older children tickets to the New England Patriots home playoff game this weekend, and may join them for that. On Thursday, without the responsibilities of running the Leafs any longer, he went to an afternoon matinee of the film Jack Reacher, choosing that movie over Hyde Park on the Hudson and Lincoln.

It was great, he smiled. First time in my life Ive ever been to a midweek matinee. First time Ive ever gone to a movie alone.

Otherwise, hes still digesting his dismissal, still at a loss to explain why he isnt running the Leafs anymore. Burke is under contract to the Leafs for the rest of this season and next, and he fully intends to help his former assistant, Dave Nonis, as a consultant, a job he suggested to chairman Larry Tanenbaum and Anselmi when they relieved him of his GM duties.

I think I can help, he said. Ive been at this for a while. I have my name on the Stanley Cup. Ill do whatever I can.

Burke, grateful for the dozens of calls of support he has received from NHL people and other friends over the past two days, will hold a press conference at the ACC on Saturday morning to discuss the events of the week and his future plans.

I wish Dave (Nonis) and the Toronto Maple Leafs all the success in the world, he said. Ill do my best to help them win.

Which begs the question, was he actually fired from the Canucks? Or was he needed in Anaheim to win a cup for them after the lockout, and therefore released?

I believe the official record is that the Canucks fired him.
Posted Image

#228 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,796 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

An older article: http://slam.canoe.ca...5/19841851.html

Keep in mind the Toronto Maple Leafs have new owners now...Bell Media and Rogers Media.

Burke has been fired by corporate types before, here in Vancouver even when it could be argued he was doing a great job. I'm sure most here have an understanding of Burke's penchant for running his mouth and opinion all over subjects?

SPECULATION here is easy guys; Burke put a few too many noses out of joint over the lockout! This is the timing behind the move. Does anyone believe he did not try and find a way to put in his two cents?

If this was a hockey move, as many have noted, it probably would have been done after the season. And its not like the business suits behind the Leaf's would have been unhappy with the business; under Burke they were making hundred's of millions of dollars. Nonis is also coming in complimenting the collection of young assets (and veterans) he has to work with and espousing that they are actually set up well to progress, albeit with more patience. If anything, Nonis has said publicly they need to keep the young asset's that we, no doubt, would want in a Lou trade. (gasp, what does this mean for our "guaranteed" trade?) So it's doubtful also that Burke was holding up a Lou trade. No Canuck fan, as much as many CDC'ers are having fun with the thought, should think any trade potential caused BB's dismissal!

The big money people simply do not need to be told what to do by a braggart?

And that would have stood out even more had he been asking permission to trade for Lou

Dan Murphy@sportsnetmurph
Maybe Burke wanted Luongo and MLSE didn't. Or maybe Burke didn't want Luongo and MLSE does. Or maybe it has nothing to do with Lu! #analysis

:lol:

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 11 January 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#229 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,796 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

On paper we have no (left side D) spot for Gardiner.

In reality we have a glaring need for a D man who can carry the puck up ice against pressure. We have strong defensive D men (Hamhuis, Garrison), guys who can score (Edler, Bieksa), we have guys who can pass (all, lol except Alberts), we have guys who can absolutely blast a puck; but we have desperately missed a puck rushing D man since Erhoff left. Many, including me, would like to see another right handed shot, or right side bone cruncher. But make NO mistake, our teams biggest weakness, defensively, is the puck carrier who can carry the puck up ice against pressure!

We can and should trade left D men if can acquire the puck carrier we need!

Then we can have fun with proposals;

Kadri, Bozak (plus a conditional pick please, or preferably Biggs?) for Lou as advertised.

Add Gardiner for Edler! We'll take on a cap dump (MacArthur?) to make the cap work. And we still have massive LW depth to trade for size or whatever at the deadline! With MacArthur gone,and Connely expiring, possibly buying out Komisarek they can expect to have money to re-sign Lupul, Edler and Kessel.

Voila; Toronto makes the play off's, gets cap relief and we get young puck moving defence (on an ELC) to add to a depth centre, plus passing and scoring right wing. Bingo; we also probably win a cup and extend our window?

Yes let's get kadri and gardiner who have no spot in our line-up much rather bozak +

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 11 January 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#230 BenDrinkin

BenDrinkin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Playoofs is when there's a lot of bodychecking non-calls
regards,
G.

#231 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

Except that neither Kadri or Bozak is the type of player we need. These guys would be great 4/5 years down the road maybe when the Twins retire but if we want a Cup anytime soon we need some "heavy duty pushback" The same people who push us around year after year ARE STILL THERE.

Year after year we complain and then I see........... "we can get Kadri and Bozak" .................talk about lack of focus.
Kevin.jpg

#232 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

What Brian Burke did back in the day when acquiring the Sedin's, was monumental. What he did to get Phil Kessel - was a monumental disaster. In between those two very different happenings, I haven't really liked what he has done, or better - how he has done things. Apart from what he actually does and does not do, he looks suspicious and repugnant to say the least. All GM's have a facial demeanor that lets you know next to nothing, but Burkie's face always looks like - "get out of my way and WTF are you asking me those questions for, you moron"

Nonis is clearly a more calm and calculative type. And as many have pointed out for years - maybe too calculative and indecisive. But we don't even know the half of it. MLSE would surely not have replaced Burke with Nonis, if he couldn't handle the job and take the chances necessary when the time comes. Many of Nonis' moves-never-made have turned out to be the right ones down the line...
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#233 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,000 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

307mg00.jpg

#234 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,903 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Too many people here doubt that Nonis can get the job done, to be fair Nonis didn't really have a whole lot of cards to play when he was our GM as we were tied up in the cap..The year that Gillis came in was his year to make his big moves but never got that chance, It be interesting to see what he does with the Leafs.

His next big move was Fabian Brunnstrom. Not to pin Brunnstrom's lack of success on anyone, but that's what would have happened and Nonis would have been on the hook.

I think both Burke and Nonis are capable GMs who can put together the main pieces of a team, but have trouble with getting the extras in place that are necessary to be successful in the playoffs. They'd trade away picks at the deadline to try and get players for now, but not have much success. Too many Keith Carney/Eric Weinrich results and not enough Higgins/Lappy like Gillis has done. He hasn't been perfect, but he's done better with what he's been given and is trying to stock the cupboards as well.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#235 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Things went pretty much like they did here in Vancouver for Burke. It wasn't just one thing but many things. Things boil down to respect, something Burke demanded but gave little to others. He's just been kicked off the biggest ego pile in hockey. The people that did this could have done it long ago but I think they wanted to send Burke a message loud and clear by doing it when they did. I loved the timing and so did they.

Edited by aqua59, 12 January 2013 - 05:42 PM.

#236 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Burke is a blow hard. Thinks he's the main show and not the game on the ice. I for one won't miss him. If I was the owner I would have fired him immediately after taking over the team.

Nonis sucked as GM in Vancouver. His team was boring to watch and he couldn't judge talent to sign for 3rd and 4th lines. Perhaps he has improved with experience but....

I remember when the Kessel deal happened the word was it was Nonis pushing for that deal. After Boston got Seguin, Nonis was exiled to the AHL for a while as punishment.

Canucks were among the most boring teams to watch in the entire NHL when Nonis was GM. Even SportNet was complaining to the organisation because the TV ratings were so bad. SortsNet ratings dropped 20% under Nonis.

So many ppl were being turned off from hockey. I am hardcore Canucks fan and even I found Canucks to be boring.

Edited by WHL rocks, 12 January 2013 - 05:16 PM.

#237 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Luongo not the reason regarding Burke's firing.

Douche thing of Duthie to bring up Burke's son...

Posted Image

#238 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Isn't it funny how Burke always comes in and tries to do the quick fix, and then Nonis is there to pick up the pieces.

Now Nonis will likely do what he did in Vancouver and try and build from the net out, and restock the prospect cupboard.

Waiting for Kevin Lowe to say publicly "he left the team with nothin'!"
Posted Image

#239 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

From watching all the pressers and TV interviews, it seems like all Burke cares about at this point is what people think of him.

"I don't want to say this because if I do people might think that I'm.......?" How many times did he say something like that during the Duthie interview?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.