The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best option for the Luongo trade

To start off I know this is super repetitive, but in all honesty this is what GMMG needs to get done in order to get the best deal possible. I believe that the best option for both the Canucks and Roberto is trading him to the Panthers. Everyone knows that he will wave his no-trade clause to go there because of his wife and family have roots down in Florida.

The other teams that are in the mix, like Toronto, I feel just don't have the assets the our team needs right now, which is a second line center - with Kesler being sidelined and all. The players that they are only willing to give up, such as Bozak, Frattin, Ashton, etc. are just not the answer to our offense. We already have guys like Shroeder, Jensen, and Kassian in the mix. As for our defense, I feel that we are already strong enough, and with young guns of Tanev, Connauton, and Corrado, we are fine there.

The other teams, such as Chicago, Edmonton, and Islanders, are simply to the prime trading partners, with Edmonton obviously being in our division. I would only trade Luo to Chicago if they were willing to give us Sharp+ in return, which is most likely just not happening. As for the Islanders, I just don't see Luo wanting to go there, plus they would have to buyout Dipietro's massive contract, and give up a young gun, like Nino Niederreiter, in order to land Luongo.

So my proposal for Florida is something along the lines like this:

To Vancouver:

C Stephen Weiss

2013 1st rounder

To Florida:

G Roberto Luongo

F Mason Raymond

D Kevin Connauton

Be NICE PLEASE, and comment on what you would do differently if you feel this isn't fair!

Sorry if you were GM and made that trade I would start a lynch mob... personally. As someone else said all this undervaluing of Luongo was ridiculous before the new CBA but now with the Luongo clause his stock has skyrocketed imo. What is coming back from Florida there is not enough for just Luongo imo.

Sorry if you were GM and made that trade I would start a lynch mob... personally. As someone else said all this undervaluing of Luongo was ridiculous before the new CBA but now with the Luongo clause his stock has skyrocketed imo. What is coming back from Florida there is not enough for just Luongo imo.

Connauton is only up there on the prospects pool because he's older and spent more years developing. He's got 2-3 years to make the team or be a NHL journey men. He's been unimpressive defensively, and lacks any commitment. Much better off trading him for another project right now, while he still has value. Tanev looks like a superstar compared Connauton, and Tanev right now, is a bottom pair defense man.

Tanev is no doubt better than Connauton. He's gonna be on the team, so I don't really consider him a prospect anymore.

I wouldn't care if we traded Connauton, but he would be an unnecessary addition for this trade.

Florida wouldn't really value him much since they already have an abundance of young D.

I totally agree with yoou one this one, but this trade does give us a top six forward in Weiss that played along side Booth in Florida, and ripped it up there! And the draft this year has a lot of good talent, so that pick could turn to be good! As for Raymond, I also feel that ppl underestimate him as well, I believe when he is healthly and confident he can be a good 2nd line winger on most teams, but he is expendible on ours. And with Connauton, I feel he is also a good prospect that is expendible because of our depth on defense, as well as having other prospects in Corrado and Tanev.

Any deal for Lu should get us a top 6 forward or top 4 D, a top end prospect, and a good pick or another good prospect depending on how good the roster player we get is.

I don't want Weiss, but i'll play ball.

Weiss + Petrovic + conditional 2nd rounder (1st if they make the playoffs)

for

Lu + Raymond

Just curious, did Booth play with Weiss in FLA?

Sedins - Sedins - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Higgins

Booth - Weiss - Hansen

If Raymond returns to form.. Holy crap that's a solid top-9. Kesler's line would be one of the best 2-way lines in the NHL.

2A and 2B

Just curious, did Booth play with Weiss in FLA?

Sedins - Sedins - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Higgins

Booth - Weiss - Hansen

If Raymond returns to form.. Holy crap that's a solid top-9. Kesler's line would be one of the best 2-way lines in the NHL.

2A and 2B

Archived