94 replies to this topic

#61 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Shall we agree to disagree and revisit this once the dust has settled? If I'm being perfectly honest, I probably shouldn't trash Maher for not paying up when he hasn't said he wouldn't either. I just think it's a bad PR battle to get into, and with so many people getting their news from the Tabloids and The Sun and trash like that, you'd just think that, as balls out crazy and aggressive as Trump is, you'd want to avoid any situation whereby you look like you're welching on charity. If there's one thing Americans (also, Republicans, if you want to talk about Donald Trumps fanbase) have proven to be true, it's that there's absolutely no amount of facts that will make them change their mind once they've decided they don't like someone. It's a bad gamble, and if he can legit afford the money, I think he should do it because it'll buy him a ton of publicity. And I think that if he doesn't it'll go bad, but like I said. Agree to disagree, we'll revisit that in a month when Donald has been as Donald as Donald can Donald.

Edited by coleman26, 09 January 2013 - 10:40 PM.

#62 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,025 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

I'm not sure how the Tax rules are in the US, but I'm pretty sure if he donates $5 million he'd get at least a $1 million back in tax credits. Win-win all around.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#63 Lockout Casualty

Lockout Casualty

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

I'm not sure how the Tax rules are in the US, but I'm pretty sure if he donates $5 million he'd get at least a $1 million back in tax credits. Win-win all around.

But what about the other four million?
“Hi Nigel, just a quick note to say that I am always ready to do exactly what is asked but it would have been a great help to know in advance what the strategy was.”

- Carolyn Stewart Olsen, Conservative Senator.

#64 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

While it was a joke, Trump was in the right to do what he is doing. You don't insult a man's mother and expect him to go cower in the corner.
Posted Image

#65 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Shall we agree to disagree and revisit this once the dust has settled? If I'm being perfectly honest, I probably shouldn't trash Maher for not paying up when he hasn't said he wouldn't either. I just think it's a bad PR battle to get into, and with so many people getting their news from the Tabloids and The Sun and trash like that, you'd just think that, as balls out crazy and aggressive as Trump is, you'd want to avoid any situation whereby you look like you're welching on charity. If there's one thing Americans (also, Republicans, if you want to talk about Donald Trumps fanbase) have proven to be true, it's that there's absolutely no amount of facts that will make them change their mind once they've decided they don't like someone. It's a bad gamble, and if he can legit afford the money, I think he should do it because it'll buy him a ton of publicity. And I think that if he doesn't it'll go bad, but like I said. Agree to disagree, we'll revisit that in a month when Donald has been as Donald as Donald can Donald.

If you know Bill Maher, you'd know he doesn't really care what republicans think about him. Also, no press is bad press.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#66 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,709 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

My Daddy gave me $10 and a suitcase and wished my luck .. my net worth is well over 40,000 times that .. Trump is a douche ..

...only because what he believes does not align with what you believe. It's quite sad that this is the case with you - just because Trump or someone else has a different belief system or value system, that does not make them a douche.

#67 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

...only because what he believes does not align with what you believe. It's quite sad that this is the case with you - just because Trump or someone else has a different belief system or value system, that does not make them a douche.

I can't speak for him. But I can say Trump is a douche. Has nothing to do with political beliefs. Has everything to do with the way the guys act and treats people.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#68 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

it seems virtually everyone disagrees with you on this point... as I do.
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#69 That's What She Said

That's What She Said

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

Why didn't Trump take Colbert up on his million dollar offer instead? http://www.huffingto..._n_2016385.html
Why not Zoidberg? (\/)(°,,,°)(\/)

#70 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,710 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

My Mother turns 89 this year .. she is working on her Doctorate .. she is a devout Catholic, in fact she "runs" her Church .. I had soft and meaningful words with my Mom yesterday .. her opinion? .. Donald is a douche .. I have great trust in Ma's judgement ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#71 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

Trump is a goof. Maher is a comedian. Maher clearly mocked Trump and that goofball took it seriously. If you didn't make stupid claims (Obama not being from America) over and over, you wouldn't have people mocking you.
Posted Image

#72 Dral

Dral

Puts the Dr in Drunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

Woah....

A couple years ago my grandfather told me a story about him and some friends (way back in the day) who stole an orangutang from the zoo. They kept him in their appartment for a couple of weeks before he escaped and was never heard from since. The orangutangs name was Fred, but they nick named him 'Trump' because whenever they played Bridge, the ape always ended up with the trump cards.

Creepy

Fruits?

Lord Peaches' gut is telling him that the drunken fool, aka Dral, is 100% mafia.

MVP?

Dral is 100% mafia or I will masteb_ _ _ _ a cow and like it

GOATis?

Vig kill dral he never talks like this when he's not mafia.

#73 Dral

Dral

Puts the Dr in Drunk

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

Absolutely right! 100% correct.

Trump actually being a douche, wading in douchebaggery, eating douche burgers, drinking douche-beer-floats, participating in the douchebag olympics, being fluent in duoche-speak, putting on his douche hat and cloak before going outside, having a lifetime subscription to douchebag magazine, shopping at Douche's R'Us, and winning the Miss Douche pageant the last 5 years out 8 makes Trump a douche.

Totally has nothing to do belief systems

edit: Just in case you think I'm kidding, I'm not - I've met D.T at a Douchebag Anonymous meeting a few years back

Edited by Dral, 10 January 2013 - 02:17 AM.

Fruits?

Lord Peaches' gut is telling him that the drunken fool, aka Dral, is 100% mafia.

MVP?

Dral is 100% mafia or I will masteb_ _ _ _ a cow and like it

GOATis?

Vig kill dral he never talks like this when he's not mafia.

#74 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

Clearly noone here but me watches Realtime :P

Actually Bill Maher made an offer to Trump that preempts and expands on his offer on Leno. It was made by Maher on his HBO show immediately after Trump's own offer to Obama and involved Trump performing a "service" with his mouth on Maher while producing his birth certificate and once completed then Maher would donate to charity. I really really really hope Trump pushes hard for this because the funniest thing in the world to me would be the headline: Maher Seeks Legal Ruling for Trump Blowjob. Straight outta South Park.
Posted Image

#75 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

Recall this exchange:
Trump: Many people don´t think the birth certificate is authentic
CNN : But the state of Hawaii has endorsed its authenticity
Trump: It doesn´t matter. Many people don´t think the birth certificate is authentic
CNN: Who? Name one
Trump: I don´t give names

Donald is a douche.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#76 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,190 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

He said he wanted proof that he wasn't the spawn of his mother having sex with an orangutan. How is that not a joke? Shocks me that some people are saying Maher needs to give him 5 million dollars. You can't possibly be that dense, can you? Just because you are a republican, does not mean that you have to automatically side with Trump here. Side with who is correct. We should all be united and laughing at Trump.

What's wrong with politics in the USA today is that people pick a side and follow blindly without thinking.

or get their news from Bill Maher Jon Stewart Colbane SNL update and take it as credible. I did'nt find it funny, I think Maher can be funny but this was not funny, it was insulting and it backed fired on him, of course liberals will blindly follow and support Maher. Trumps birther offer was just as stupid.
BTW USA Liberals hows that 16 Trillion dollar debt doing? enjoy your food stamps while they last.

#77 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,440 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

I hate Maher, he's an igonrant, cocky SOB.

I hope Trump demands that 5m lol.

Also one more thing, whi is it ok making monkey reference to Trump or Bush, but if its toward a black person or Obama its gets national outrage.

double standards in the liberal media.

Jesus Christ it's because "monkey" was/is a racial slur that has/is used to describe a black person. It's not a double standard at all...it just has no reference or meaning for anybody else.

It's akin to using a legume to describe a mexican. Would you have any reason to be offended or insulted if called a monkey other than just not liking it?

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth, 10 January 2013 - 09:04 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#78 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,440 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

Common sense says Donald being a douche has nothing to do with politics.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#79 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,710 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

But look how much more successful I have been .. THAT is what I was responding to, not your right wing paranoia .. so be topical or try to stifle the urge to act silly .. I do not judge Donald for what he believes .. I JUDGE HIM BASED ON HIS ACTS!! .. WE ARE TALKING MAJOR SIZE, EVEN KING SIZE, DOUCHE-BAG .. OK??? .. just so it's clear ..

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#80 Lockout Casualty

Lockout Casualty

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

But look how much more successful I have been .. THAT is what I was responding to, not your right wing paranoia .. so be topical or try to stifle the urge to act silly .. I do not judge Donald for what he believes .. I JUDGE HIM BASED ON HIS ACTS!! .. WE ARE TALKING MAJOR SIZE, EVEN KING KONG SIZE, DOUCHE-BAG .. OK??? .. just so it's clear ..

Hee Hee. :ph34r:
“Hi Nigel, just a quick note to say that I am always ready to do exactly what is asked but it would have been a great help to know in advance what the strategy was.”

- Carolyn Stewart Olsen, Conservative Senator.

#81 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,710 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Hee Hee. :ph34r:

:lol: ......... ::D

#82 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

The man (Trump) has a formidable combover. A power combover befitting a power player on today's cultural landscape. A combover for all ( even the rainy) seasons.

The man most likely to lead the combover revolution!

Posted Image

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#83 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 15,428 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

or get their news from Bill Maher Jon Stewart Colbane SNL update and take it as credible. I did'nt find it funny, I think Maher can be funny but this was not funny, it was insulting and it backed fired on him, of course liberals will blindly follow and support Maher. Trumps birther offer was just as stupid.
BTW USA Liberals hows that 16 Trillion dollar debt doing? enjoy your food stamps while they last.

I love how everything's a "right vs left" battle with you guys.

How about Maher made a (not overly funny) joke and Trump being the spotlight loving douche he is tried to make something out of nothing? That`s about where this ends IMO.

Classic mountain out of a molehill. This isn't some grand political battle or noble quest of Trumps for charities. It was a passing, mildly humorous at most comment made on a COMEDY talk show by a comedian that a douche is trying to exploit for his own spotlight loving means. End of story.

How exactly are the Republicans doing anything to help with that $16T in debt anyway? Seems to me both parties and indeed the entire US political system and it's corporate take over are responsible for the colossal f-up that is the USA.

Edited by J.R., 10 January 2013 - 11:15 AM.

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#84 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,710 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

How about Maher made a (not overly funny) joke and Trump being the spotlight loving douche he is tried to make something out of nothing? That`s about where this ends IMO.

Classic mountain out of a molehill. This isn't some grand political battle or noble quest of Trumps for charities. It was a passing, mildly humorous at most comment made on a COMEDY talk show by a comedian that a douche is trying to exploit for his own spotlight loving means. End of story.

Amen, Brother J .. B)

#85 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,190 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

How exactly are the Republicans doing anything to help with that $16T in debt anyway? Seems to me both parties and indeed the entire US political system and it's corporate take over are responsible for the colossal f-up that is the USA.

You kinda make my point, someone has to be on the right around here too many freaking Liberals here and the Dems have the pres so the buck stop there's Bush got plenty of Crap for his actions Obama seems to get a free pass on everything. meanwhile he's put the USA in more debt than all the other presidents combined....Liberals bury their heads in the sand.

I don't disagree on the corporate takeover of the USA either. The Banks are the problem.

#86 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 15,428 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

You kinda make my point, someone has to be on the right around here too many freaking Liberals here and the Dems have the pres so the buck stop there's Bush got plenty of Crap for his actions Obama seems to get a free pass on everything. meanwhile he's put the USA in more debt than all the other presidents combined....Liberals bury their heads in the sand.

I don't disagree on the corporate takeover of the USA either. The Banks are the problem.

Obabma's not the problem, he's just the current poster boy. If you think one man (president or not) from either party could fix that steaming ball of a mess, you're sadly mistaken. You're vitriol directed at him is just as nonsensical as any "Lib's burying their heads in the sand". A republican in his place would make no difference other than possibly hurrying the eventual collapse/civil war or whatever real life reset button it's going to eventually take to begin to sort out corrupt festering pile of dung.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#87 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

Bill on Real Time responds to Trump and tears him a new arsehole in the process.

https://www.facebook...&type=2
Posted Image

#88 Kassian

Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Recall this exchange:
Trump: Many people don´t think the birth certificate is authentic
CNN : But the state of Hawaii has endorsed its authenticity
Trump: It doesn´t matter. Many people don´t think the birth certificate is authentic
CNN: Who? Name one
Trump: I don´t give names

Donald is a douche.

They Barrack Obama's birth certificate on display at the hospital he was born at in Hawaii.

Trump was delusional at the time.

Posted Image

#89 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,710 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Bill on Real Time responds to Trump and tears him a new arsehole in the process.

https://www.facebook...&type=2

I watched it with tears running down my face last night .. oh Donald .. every time you open your mouth you further reveal your douchery .. there comes a point where the exposure is no longer worth the ridicule for most people .. but then again, you are NOT most folks ..

#90 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Yep, free marketing for Trump. He's not worth eleventy billion to be a docile political figure.

Edited by zaibatsu, 09 February 2013 - 04:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.