29 replies to this topic

#1 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Hey so with the recent discussion that the Flyers inquired about Luongo, I started thinking of a possible trade... maybe this one?

Philadelphia recieves
G Luongo
D Edler
C Gaunce

Vancouver recieves
C Couturier
D Coburn + 2nd round pick

or?

C Couturier
RW Simmonds

Vancouver gets a legit young center who's set totake over after Sedins are gone as top line center, but takes the 2nd line for now. Also a sturdy defenceman to replace Edler. Also 2nd pick.

Philly gets much needed solid goalie, can buy out Bryzgalov. Also Edler, who helps fill the void Pronger's departure will leave. Gaunce is a solid prospect who can have time to develop and eventually join the roster all in due time.

Thoughts?

#2 JordanEberle

JordanEberle

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

did i read somewhere Coburn has a NTC?
Posted Image
Credit: Garrett-6

#3 shawn antoski

shawn antoski

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

:picard:

#4 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,512 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Take out Gaunce and Coburn and do this

To Vancouver: Sean Couturier (or Brayden Schenn), Jakub Voracek, 2013 1st

To Philadelpia: Roberto Luongo, Alex Edler, Yann Sauve

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#5 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

I personally feel PHI will be unwilling to part with Schenn, as they;d like to keep the Schenns together, but I do like Voracek

#6 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,512 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

I personally feel PHI will be unwilling to part with Schenn, as they;d like to keep the Schenns together, but I do like Voracek

Yea but maybe to them a Luongo and Edler package would be too juicy of an offer for them to pass up on.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#7 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

I just can't see us trading Edler and Luongo together for future asset's like that, it seems like an overpayment to me which I don't think is the appropriate thing to do at this point.

This is why I don't think it is a good trade partner, we will have our eyes on there good young players and they won't want to give them up, and aside from that there isn't much that intrigues us.

zackass.png

#8 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Yea but maybe to them a Luongo and Edler package would be too juicy of an offer for them to pass up on.

Definitely, but I personally like Couturier better, as he's got more size hahahaha

#9 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,931 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

I just can't see us trading Edler and Luongo together for future asset's like that, it seems like an overpayment to me which I don't think is the appropriate thing to do at this point.

This is why I don't think it is a good trade partner, we will have our eyes on there good young players and they won't want to give them up, and aside from that there isn't much that intrigues us.

you got it smashian... if we start negotiations with philly they are going to push for edler too. I for one am not willing to part with eddy not now or the near future.

Edited by TruCanuck, 09 January 2013 - 06:51 PM.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#10 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

If Philadelphia wants to win a cup, I feel they'll be more than willing to give up a young player for a legit goaltender. Holmgren knows how to deal and get what he wants.

#11 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,736 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Where does this leave Kesler? Is he still on 2C once he's back?

Also, this leaves a massive void on the backend. Edler and Salo are gone - that's 2/6 from what we had last year. Who's stepping in (remember...Garrison takes only 1 of those voids)?

#12 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,054 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Would do the 1st deal in a heartbeat , 2nd one is a no because the last thing we need is another winger.

Gaunce is more important to us because of the position he plays and Its too early way to early to even consider trading him.

Also its harder to trade for a centre than a winger. Simmonds is nothing special tbh, we have Jensen waiting on the wings and we can always trade for a winger.

#13 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

If Philadelphia wants to win a cup, I feel they'll be more than willing to give up a young player for a legit goaltender. Holmgren knows how to deal and get what he wants.

Well there window isn't closing anytime soon, Giroux is still like 25 or something, and Couturier, the Schenns, Voracek, Simmonds, Wellwood, Read, exc are all getting better.

They will have plenty of opportunites at the cup with there young core, there isn't any pressure of a closing window like we have here, if anything there window is just starting to open, and they can acquire a goalie elsewhere rather than sacrifice a huge part of there team now and an even bigger piece of there franchise moving forward.

If I was Philly I wouldn't be willing to move any of those players unless there is a sheer overpayment which we shouldn't do.

zackass.png

#14 Pavel Burrows

Pavel Burrows

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Thats terrible for us.
Posted Image

Credit to VC!

#15 One one two

One one two

Got skipped

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,902 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

:picard:

As much as I don't like the proposal, you could at least try to be constructive.

#16 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Man that would be sweet. Totally screw our defense though we would have to fight Coburn out of them.

#17 Zissou

Zissou

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

what do we do for a backup in this hypothetical deal?

#18 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

So what does Philly do with there current goaltender????????
Posted Image
Drouin#27 Halifax Mooseheads Star

Credit to Canucks Top Scorer

#19 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Bryzgalov already has a huge contract, and we get ridden hard in this trade. It's not gonna happen....
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#20 Kulikov

Kulikov

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

Philly would never do this, but yes please to the 1st one and run away laughing after.. Couturier is a LW though, not a center.

#21 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,237 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

No way to the original proposal, there's not enough of a return for those three guys. I'd rather keep Gaunce, and if they want Lu to fix their goaltending issues they'll need to pay through their nose, and all the more for Edler. This move fixes both of their biggest needs long-term (Holmgren might as well sign Edler to the max-length deal under the new CBA if Pronger's not coming back, and Lu will make them even tougher to beat in the playoffs now that their goaltending's improved).

I'd suggest Voracek, Couturier, Coburn and pick for Luongo and signed Edler (MG should allow Holmgren to have Edler's negotiation rights as part of the deal, and make sure that something gets signed prior to the deal).

In terms of breakdown, it would be Voracek for Edler (value-wise they should be similar, both young guys with great upsides), then Couturier, Coburn and the pick for Luongo. Some of you may call me crazy but consider what the Kings gave up for their biggest need in Mike Richards (who was sold off since he was becoming a cancer in the Flyers' room yet filled a major need for L.A.-- plus he signed long-term just before getting dealt just like Luongo): Brayden Schenn, Wayne Simmonds and a second.

The Flyers have another big need in goal with Bryz probably not coming back or getting moved. Brayden Schenn was the top NHL prospect at the time and was going to become a regular with the Kings (much like Couturier's becoming a regular, albeit with room to grow). Coburn's a Top 4 D-man, Simmonds a Top-6 forward (value should be similar there too).

Edited by g@m3b0i, 09 January 2013 - 10:54 PM.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#22 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Rather have Hartnell tbh

To Vancouver

Hartnell
Simmonds

To Philly

Luongo
Booth
1st round pick

#23 bigpush

bigpush

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Luongo and Raymond

for

Briere and Laughton

We get an immidiate offensive boost in Briere and arguably the best playoff performer in recent years short term and a good prospect that could potentially play as soon as next season. Philly keeps most of its youth while upgrading goaltending and Raymond can keep up with the flyers speed and contribute on defense at the very least. Canucks would also shed a little salary as Briere's hit is 6.5 and Luongo/Raymond is aprox 7.5.

Booth Briere Kassian
Booth Briere Higgins
Booth Briere Burrows
Booth Kesler Briere

#24 James van Riemsdyk

James van Riemsdyk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Rather have Hartnell tbh

To Vancouver

Hartnell
Simmonds

To Philly

Luongo
Booth
1st round pick

I think we're giving up a bit for Hartnell and Simmonds, Hartnell is basically Mason Raymond but double the size, have you seen Hartnell down?! His points are inflated by Giroux and Briere. I rather have Booth, he's younger and I think he'll shine in his second season with the Canucks. I like Simmonds though... Luongo himself is worth more than Simmonds and a bit of Hartnell if that's who you want. I would say Booth+ Luongo for Hartnell and Simmonds and a 2nd would be worth it.
Posted Image
Edmonton Oilers CHL AGM
Edmontion Oilers SRHL Commissioner/GM

#25 Felix Potvin

Felix Potvin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

Van

Hartnel
Briere

Philly

Luongo
Booth
Raymond

And if needed add edler for meszaros

Our top two lines would be amazing

Sedin Sedin Hartnel

Burrows Kesler Briere

#26 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

Lu
Eddie

Schenn
Schenn
Laughton
1st
Mid prospect (don't know Phillys prospects too well except ones that made the team.

Phi than trades Bryz for scrivens, franson giving them mych solider d and better goaltending
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#27 Bingo Chili

Bingo Chili

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

Couturier/hartnell, read/simmonds, 1st for Lu, Raymond, Booth

(get pronger too lol but not sure how bad is his injury and how long his contract is)

Edited by keslercrosby, 10 January 2013 - 08:29 AM.

#28 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

Van

Hartnel
Briere

Philly

Luongo
Booth
Raymond

And if needed add edler for meszaros

Our top two lines would be amazing

Sedin Sedin Hartnel

Burrows Kesler Briere

I agree except with your lines. Why would you put Kesler at center in that instance? The guy is known to not pass. If you have Briere, Kesler is definitely on the wing.

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - HARTNELL
BOOTH - BRIERE - KESLER

In any case, this post is a rare example of a winning formula in the event of a Luongo trade, with a winning team in Philly. No more fishing from bottom feeders.

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 10 January 2013 - 10:08 AM.

#29 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,412 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

Voracek would be awesome on a line with Kesler and Booth but he would put us in some serious cap trouble. Couturier or Read would be much more cap friendly.
Sig too big.

#30 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

not even sure why people are including proposals without couturier in them. He is the only player that makes sense for us.
Young, big, cheap, centre, playing behind two other centers in philly and phillyhas talbot who plays 3C no problem.

options

Luongo

for

couturier

Luongo
Raymond
Ballard

for

Bryz
Couturier
Coburn

(buyout Bryz)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.