The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Vancouver - Philadelphia

Dayman

Hey so with the recent discussion that the Flyers inquired about Luongo, I started thinking of a possible trade... maybe this one?

Philadelphia recieves

G Luongo

D Edler

C Gaunce

Vancouver recieves

C Couturier

D Coburn + 2nd round pick

or?

C Couturier

RW Simmonds

Vancouver gets a legit young center who's set totake over after Sedins are gone as top line center, but takes the 2nd line for now. Also a sturdy defenceman to replace Edler. Also 2nd pick.

Philly gets much needed solid goalie, can buy out Bryzgalov. Also Edler, who helps fill the void Pronger's departure will leave. Gaunce is a solid prospect who can have time to develop and eventually join the roster all in due time.

Thoughts?

I just can't see us trading Edler and Luongo together for future asset's like that, it seems like an overpayment to me which I don't think is the appropriate thing to do at this point.

This is why I don't think it is a good trade partner, we will have our eyes on there good young players and they won't want to give them up, and aside from that there isn't much that intrigues us.

I just can't see us trading Edler and Luongo together for future asset's like that, it seems like an overpayment to me which I don't think is the appropriate thing to do at this point.

This is why I don't think it is a good trade partner, we will have our eyes on there good young players and they won't want to give them up, and aside from that there isn't much that intrigues us.

Would do the 1st deal in a heartbeat , 2nd one is a no because the last thing we need is another winger.

Gaunce is more important to us because of the position he plays and Its too early way to early to even consider trading him.

Also its harder to trade for a centre than a winger. Simmonds is nothing special tbh, we have Jensen waiting on the wings and we can always trade for a winger.

Archived